PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Draft is 6 days away... got any plans????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be vacationing in the Florida Keys. If the women are all loose-fleshed fifty year olds from Jersey, I would rather find a place to watch the draft. Maybe I can do both. Thirty minutes of watching cellulite get a sunburn, thirty minutes of draft "catch-up."

If the women are all hot, I will read about our picks in here at night.

Tivo rules for the draft. Too bad I won't be home to use it.

Glad you asked. Generally I just make sure I have some junk food on hand for the weekend festivities.

Also, my Samoan attorney and I usually stock up with two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers ...

Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of Budweiser, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.

But what are you going to do in the second and third rounds?

its called

pound beers until the Patriots 1st round selection

and then get into confrontations with strangers like this:

WOOHOOOO LOGAN FREAKIN MANKINSH...GREAT PICK...WHADDYA MEAN YOU NEVER HEARDA HIM?? ITSH LOGAN FRICKKEN MANKINSH!!!

(fill in Vince Wilfork's name as well as Ty Warren, Daniel Graham and believe it or not Tom Brady when he was selected)

Jillian's and Milly's Tavern have been past crime scenes for this display

Absolutely cannot wait. My mood for the whole weekend hinges on the Dolphins getting Quinn in the first round.

I've been waiting for this since January! My buddies and I are will be at a bar and gonna start drinking as soon as the Raiders are on the clock. I just hope I won't get TOO drunk by 24 and 28. I want to get drunk (it is a celebration right? ) but not completely drunk so I can remember the 2nd round too. I'm from Washington State University so I hope WR Jason Hill gets picked in there somewhere. Nothing better than beer+football this weekend!

I've been waiting for this since January! My buddies and I are will be at a bar and gonna start drinking as soon as the Raiders are on the clock. I just hope I won't get TOO drunk by 24 and 28. I want to get drunk (it is a celebration right? ) but not completely drunk so I can remember the 2nd round too. I'm from Washington State University so I hope WR Jason Hill gets picked in there somewhere. Nothing better than beer+football this weekend!

I go to WSU. Jason Hill is one hell of a talent, late 2nd rounder IMO.

As for the drinking, you are aware that it will take at least 3 hours to get to the Patriots pick right? LOL! Depending on how much you rage, you could be pretty wasted by that point. ;)

Last edited:
Will be on the PatsFans forum the whole day. Go pats

I go to WSU. Jason Hill is one hell of a talent, late 2nd rounder IMO.

As for the drinking, you are aware that it will take at least 3 hours to get to the Patriots pick right? LOL! Depending on how much you rage, you could be pretty wasted by that point. ;)

Nice to see a fellow Coug on here, although I see you're a Miami fan. Oh well, at least you look like a loyal fan of your team and not a bandwagon guy. I respect that. Jason Hill is one hell of a talent and I agree with you that he's a late 2nd rounder, especially after he posted the second fastest 40 time at the combine. Whoever gets him will be getting a great WR and I wish him the best. As for Frampton and Bruce, they probably will be late round picks IMO, but gotta show some love for them too.
Yeah, about drinking, I realize it will take a while, so I'll try to pace myself the best I can. Hey, I'll be watching the draft at My Office with my buddies on Saturday. If you're in town (and 21), maybe you should stop by and watch it with us. I'm the only Pats fan between my friends here (one is a Titans fan, another a Tampa fan, and of course a bunch of Seahawks fans here). By the way, don't you hate how all these "fans" all of a sudden are on the Seahawks bandwagon. I know they are hometown fans, but they wear all the gear and when I ask them to name one other O-lineman besides Walter Jones, they have no clue. Some fans, huh? Anyway, let me know if you're coming.

Here's my plan. All times Pacific...

7am - Wake up, get made fun of by wife for getting up this early when the Pats don't pick for another 7 hours or so.
7:15am - Put on new authentic Brady jersey, hope that it has some good luck in it.
7:30am - Make Jambalaya in Crock Pot and let it slow cook for the next seven hours.
8:30am - Check out Patsfans, Reiss' Pieces for any info.
8:45am - Raider fan friend arrives, make fun of him.
9am - Commence Drinking Bloody Marys. Explain to Raider fan friend what a bust whoever they pick will be.
11am - Switch to Beer, roll Ricky Williams Special.
12/1ish - After the 21st pick begin Pats pick countdown. Pull a Ricky Williams... by doing some yoga or something.
2ish - Spend next two hours researching Pats picks on internet, explaining to wife why these were good or bad picks as she feigns mock interest.
3pm - Drunkeness starts to wear off just as Jambalaya is ready. Eat till I am busting at the seams then pass out.
7pm- Wake up in time to hear who the Pats picked in the 3d round. Spend rest of day analyzing the picks and preparing for day 2. Can't wait!

Sorry 12th man, just freshman at WSU so I'm only 19. As for Frampton and Bruce, I don't know that they'll both get drafted. Bruce will be very late because of his size and Framton just isn't that great. Hopefully they do get taken though. ;)

Sorry 12th man, just freshman at WSU so I'm only 19. As for Frampton and Bruce, I don't know that they'll both get drafted. Bruce will be very late because of his size and Framton just isn't that great. Hopefully they do get taken though. ;)

Oh well. Anyway, I hope Frampton and Bruce get drafted too, even if it's 7th round. To be honest, I think that if they both get drafted, Frampton would go before Bruce. We'll see, though.

Oh well. Anyway, I hope Frampton and Bruce get drafted too, even if it's 7th round. To be honest, I think that if they both get drafted, Frampton would go before Bruce. We'll see, though.

Like you said, we'll just have to see. It's awfully tough to forecast 7th round selections.

My plans are like every year, not watching it. Its boring. I'll just do my ESPN checks every now and then and catch the picks along the bottom of the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News