PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Brady > Mahomes thread - It's not even close

SHOWTIME15

No asterisks
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
3. We don’t care if the rest of the country is watching or not. This is his chance for him to be celebrated by the home crowd.

Whatever. It's still not a prime-time game and there are at least 5 games in that time slot. If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around, does it make a sound?

Whatever. It's still not a prime-time game and there are at least 5 games in that time slot. If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around, does it make a sound?
Pats fans don't care what other games are being played in that time slot. Neither does Brady. Only trolls like you think we care about other fans' opinions.

Here's a guarantee for you. When all is said and done. Mahomes' career will not be as good or better than Brady's.

Here's a guarantee for you. When all is said and done. Mahomes' career will not be as good or better than Brady's.

So far he's outpacing Brady by quite a bit. Wake me up in 15 years.

No. He's not outpacing Brady at all.. 6 years and only 2 rings in 3 trips..
9 SB appearances in 18 years.

For anyone who thinks I'm annoying... just keep in mind this gigantic tool @SHOWTIME15.

Brady took down Mahomes twice in their only postseason matchups... an AFCCG in Kansas City and a Super Bowl. Brady effectively took 2 rings away from Mahomes. And Brady did it at ages 41 & 43. Brady bent Mahomes over his knee and spanked him in front of the entire sports world. So get back to me when Mahomes wins his 8th ring because until then he's beneath Brady.

No. He's not outpacing Brady at all.. 6 years and only 2 rings in 3 trips..
9 SB appearances in 18 years.

I meant his numbers, dipwad. And he has 5 years, 2 rings, 3 trips, 2 SB MVPs, 2 regular season MVPs, 3 NFL first team all pros. Besides 1 SB ring differential, he's pretty much dominated Brady numbers-wise through their first five years.

Brady took down Mahomes twice in their only postseason matchups... an AFCCG in Kansas City and a Super Bowl. Brady effectively took 2 rings away from Mahomes. And Brady did it at ages 41 & 43. Brady bent Mahomes over his knee and spanked him in front of the entire sports world. So get back to me when

Don't care about head-to-head. Brady doesn’t even have a winning record against the other great QB of his generation, Peyton, head-to-head in AFCCGs. Plus Brady is 2-9 against the QBs in my signature. If Brady dominated every QB he ever faced, you'd have a much stronger argument.

If the two of you want to take this to the Mahomes thread I’d be happy to continue our conversation there.

Last edited:
Don't care about head-to-head. Brady doesn’t even have a winning record against the other great QB of his generation, Peyton, head-to-head in AFCCGs. Plus Brady is 2-9 against the QBs in my signature. If Brady dominated every QB he ever faced, you'd have a much stronger argument.
Regular Season Game-Winning Drives:

1. Tom Brady 58
2. Peyton Manning 54
3t. Drew Brees 53
3t. Ben Roethlisberger 53

Postseason Game-Winning Drives:

1. Tom Brady 14
2. John Elway 6
3t. Joe Montana 5
3t. Eli Manning 5

Super Bowl Game-Winning Drives:

1. Tom Brady 6
2t. Terry Bradshaw 2
2t. Eli Manning 2
2t. Patrick Mahomes 2
(no other QB has more than 1)

Only 1 quarterback in the history of the league appears on all three lists and he also is firmly in the #1 spots.

Regular Season Game-Winning Drives:

1. Tom Brady 58
2. Peyton Manning 54
3t. Drew Brees 53
3t. Ben Roethlisberger 53

Postseason Game-Winning Drives:

1. Tom Brady 14
2. John Elway 6
3t. Joe Montana 5
3t. Eli Manning 5

Super Bowl Game-Winning Drives:

1. Tom Brady 6
2t. Terry Bradshaw 2
2t. Eli Manning 2
2t. Patrick Mahomes 2
(no other QB has more than 1)

Only 1 quarterback in the history of the league appears on all three lists and he also is firmly in the #1 spots.

That's why we are only comparing their first five years as starter.

I meant his numbers, dipwad. And he has 5 years, 2 rings, 3 trips, 2 SB MVPs, 2 regular season MVPs, 3 NFL first team all pros. Besides 1 SB ring differential, he's pretty much dominated Brady numbers-wise through their first five years.

If the two of you want to take this to the Mahomes thread I’d be happy to continue our conversation there.

You shouldn't be calling people names when you don't know wtf you're talking about. Mahomes has 6 years and only 2 SBs. . Just like Brady had 3 SB in 5 years to start his career.

I could care less about the stats because Brady played most of his career in an era where they allowed the CBs to actually PLAY.
I could care less about the QBs in your signature. All that means is you're a buffoon who doesn't understand that it's not just about the QB.

My argument is sounder than the pathetic garbage you're putting up. You're also the one insulting this team with moronic claims just because the game their Honoring Brady in isn't a "Prime Time" game.

Feel free to go to the Mahomes thread and never come back.

1684431589489.png

That's why YOU are only comparing their first five years. Its a way to make your guy look better.

Who's we? The only QB still active from those lists is Mahomes. I'm showing you the very steep mountain before him.

You shouldn't be calling people names when you don't know wtf you're talking about. Mahomes has 6 years and only 2 SBs. . Just like Brady had 3 SB in 5 years to start his career.

Your logic makes no sense. If you compare full seasons when both QBs actually started, it's Mahomes from 2018-2022 and Brady from 2001-2005. You including Mahomes' 2017 season (1 game) is like me including Brady's 2000 season (four snaps). Mahomes won 2 super bowls in his first five years as a starter, while Brady won 3 as the starter. That's the only edge Brady has over Mahomes in their first five years. Then of course Brady was a no-show for the next 10 years.

I could care less about the stats because Brady played most of his career in an era where they allowed the CBs to actually PLAY.
I could care less about the QBs in your signature. All that means is you're a buffoon who doesn't understand that it's not just about the QB.

My argument is sounder than the pathetic garbage you're putting up. You're also the one insulting this team with moronic claims just because the game their Honoring Brady in isn't a "Prime Time" game.

Feel free to go to the Mahomes thread and never come back.

View attachment 51221

You're the one who derailed this thread as Brady vs Mahomes. So if YOU want to talk about this take it to the Mahomes thread.

Your logic makes no sense. If you compare full seasons when both QBs actually started, it's Mahomes from 2018-2022 and Brady from 2001-2005. You including Mahomes' 2017 season (1 game) is like me including Brady's 2000 season (four snaps). Mahomes won 2 super bowls in his first five years as a starter, while Brady won 3 as the starter. That's the only edge Brady has over Mahomes in their first five years. Then of course Brady was a no-show for the next 10 years.

You're the one who derailed this thread as Brady vs Mahomes. So if YOU want to talk about this take it to the Mahomes thread.

Nope. YOU derailed the thread with your idiocy... But I'm not surprised you blame other people... Hey.. Are you Jackson Mahomes?

So get back to me when Mahomes wins his 8th ring because until then he's beneath Brady.

In no sport is the most number of rings considered the dispositive factor in who is the GOAT.

Baseball - Yogi Berra is not the GOAT

Basketball - Bill Russell is not the GOAT

Hockey - Henri Richard is not the GOAT

Even in Football, the most number of rings means nothing at virtually every position:

RB - Jim Brown does not have the most NFL championships

WR - Jerry Rice does not have the most Super Bowls

Defense - LT does not have the most number of Super Bowls for a defensive player

TE - Tony Gonzalez does not have the most number of rings.

So tell me, why does Mahomes need to get to 8? He can end up as the GOAT after 5 or 6 as long as he eviscerates Brady's numbers, which he is going to do.

Last edited:
In no sport is the most number of rings considered the dispositive factor in who is the GOAT.
QB is the most important position in all of professional team sports. And you just want to throw dirt on Brady's 2-0 vs Mahomes in the postseason. No one is doing that in the real world. It counts. Brady beat Mahomes in a Super Bowl. It'll be the tie-breaker if they both end up with 7 rings. Which they won't because there is too much elite quarterback talent in the NFL for Mahomes to hog all of the championships. And Brady's individual stats are good enough, and will be good enough, to compare with any active QB by the time their career is over (including Mahomes who I doubt will be playing like his prime in his 40's).

Brady took down Mahomes twice in their only postseason matchups... an AFCCG in Kansas City and a Super Bowl. Brady effectively took 2 rings away from Mahomes. And Brady did it at ages 41 & 43. Brady bent Mahomes over his knee and spanked him in front of the entire sports world. So get back to me when Mahomes wins his 8th ring because until then he's beneath Brady.

This always makes me laugh

E32XQRBX0AM-qZM.jpg

QB is the most important position in all of professional team sports. And you just want to throw dirt on Brady's 2-0 vs Mahomes in the postseason. No one is doing that in the real world. It counts. Brady beat Mahomes in a Super Bowl. It'll be the tie-breaker if they both end up with 7 rings. Which they won't because there is too much elite quarterback talent in the NFL for Mahomes to hog all of the championships. And Brady's individual stats are good enough, and will be good enough, to compare with any active QB by the time their career is over (including Mahomes who I doubt will be playing like his prime in his 40's).

Again you are making up the rules as you go along. Who says head-to-head in the playoffs is the tie-breaker? The better tiebreaker is what I said in the PM I sent you. That is far more important to a player's legacy. Your assertions would make a lot more sense in tennis or golf. Football is the ultimate team sport with 52 other guys and at least a dozen coaches having an impact on a game. You're just grasping for straws because you are afraid of Mahomes and are desperate to come up with something. And you are COMPLETELY discounting Brady's 3 super bowl losses, which is a part of his legacy.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back