PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Brady > Mahomes thread - It's not even close

LOL. Brady didn't lost a playoff game until his 6th season in the league and had 3 rings.
I would say this would also put a damper on whatever numbers he wants to put up. Mahomes felt the sting much earlier, especially considering Brady dealt him two of his losses - as you pointed out - while putting the ring on his own hand both times along the way.

Again, as he said, we can look at it in ten years but I don't think it's going to happen. Don't get me wrong, Mahomes is a great player, but he's got a ways to go.

I would say this would also put a damper on whatever numbers he wants to put up. Mahomes felt the sting much earlier, especially considering Brady dealt him two of his losses - as you pointed out - while putting the ring on his own hand both times along the way.

Again, as he said, we can look at it in ten years but I don't think it's going to happen. Don't get me wrong, Mahomes is a great player, but he's got a ways to go.

Mahomes lost to Brady, while Brady's first playoff loss was to Jake Plummer LMAO. There's a huge difference. One guy was a top 5 all-time QB, while the other was a bum.

And there's plenty of time to catch up. Brady did nothing in the Super Bowl department from 2005-2013 and even then he needed Malcolm Butler to help him in 2014 after a 2 INT performance in the SB.

btw, one of the more glorious games in NFL history...

nfl_rt_brady_580.jpg

Last edited:
@SHOWTIME15 give us your Super Bowl Era QB GOAT List!

Here's mine:

1. Tom Brady
2. Joe Montana
3. Peyton Manning
4. Terry Bradshaw
5. John Elway
6. Aaron Rodgers
7. Brett Favre
8. Steve Young
9. Dan Marino
10. Drew Brees
Say what you want about Big Ben but I'd put him somewhere on this list.

@amfootball
Re: LOL. Brady didn't lost a playoff game until his 6th season in the league and had 3 rings.
Wanted to reply but I blocked the poster you were replying to so I couldn't go to your post.

It really is amazing. 10-0 to start his career in the playoffs. The legend really was born. I mean does it get any better than that?

Mahomes lost to Brady, while Brady's first playoff loss was to Jake Plummer LMAO. There's a huge difference.
Game was in Denver, throws a wrinkle into that argument. Weird things have always happened to them there.

And he's retired, and since I don't watch NFL Network, it saves me from having to think about that game since they play it on repeat. Although on the flipside, it's amusing to think Eli has the same number of rings as Peyton and he was supposed to be the superior player. Go figure.

I don't know, but for the reasons I told you in my PM Brady cannot be number 1.
You SUCK!!! Answer the ****ing question! Give us your GD Super Bowl Era GOAT list. I don't care what your reasons are for slotting anyone anywhere on your list but I WANT TO SEE IT. LFG!

Game was in Denver, throws a wrinkle into that argument. Weird things have always happened to them there.

Doesn't matter. And as a Patriot, Brady was very average on the road in the playoffs with a 4-4 road record. His near pick 6 to Champ Bailey was a lazy throw. Brady ended the 3-peat all on his own.

And he's retired, and since I don't watch NFL Network, it saves me from having to think about that game since they play it on repeat.

That's why I'm here to remind you.

You SUCK!!! Answer the ****ing question! Give us your GD Super Bowl Era GOAT list. I don't care what your reasons are for slotting anyone anywhere on your list but I WANT TO SEE IT. LFG!

Calm down. If you want to start a thread for an all-time top 10 list, then go for it.

Last edited:
Brady also didn't lose a playoff game at home until his EIGHTH season as a starter. Mahomes as we all know lost his first home playoff game to Brady and the Pats in his first year as a starter.

Yet another thing Brady has over Mahomes... to go along with everything else :)

Brady also didn't lose a playoff game at home until his EIGHTH season as a starter. Mahomes as we all know lost his first home playoff game to Brady and the Pats in his first year as a starter.

Yet another thing Brady has over Mahomes... to go along with everything else :)
Brady never gagged up a game like Mahomes in the 2021 AFCCG.

Epic collapse...

First Half: 18-22, 220 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs, 149.9 passer rating, 98.0 QBR (max is 100)
Second Half/OT: 8-18, 55 yards, 0 TDs, 2 INTs, 12.3 passer rating, 1.4 QBR (scale of 1-100)

Between that historic meltdown and the two losses to Brady, 60% of Mahomes postseasons have ended with a disaster.

Calm down. If you want to start a thread for an all-time top 10 list, then go for it.
You're the one defiantly refusing to acknowledge Brady is the GOAT. So who's #1 and where does Brady fall in your ranking. You have an answer, after all your fantasizing about Mahomes being #1, you've (irrationally) thought it through for sure, so let's see your list. Why not?

Ever notice that that the Chiefs HFA with Mahomes isn’t what it was with Alex Smith? Only 3-2 in conference championship games there. Even the Patriots with Brian Hoyer starting the game hung with them for most of that game.

Probably a coincidence though. Maybe.

You're the one defiantly refusing to acknowledge Brady is the GOAT.

And I gave you the reasons in my PM. It's common sense. Without it, the Patriots don't get off the ground in 2001.

And I gave you the reasons in my PM. It's common sense. Without it, the Patriots don't get off the ground in 2001.
You don't know that. In fact nothing points to it. Belichick was 5-13 with Bledsoe under the same "spygate" circumstances. Somehow the usefulness of the tapes kicked in only after Brady became the quarterback? Sounds like ******** to me.

There's also no evidence of Brady benefitting from the tapes and whatever was on them since we don't know that either. You're just making a **** load of assumptions because it fits your bizarre anti-Brady agenda.

Besides, what does any of this have to do with your refusal to provide your all time QB rankings? You don't have Brady as the GOAT because of spygate, ok it's a ******** reason but whatever, so who's your #1? Where does Brady fall on your list? And which QBs fill out your top 10? Let's see it.

If it's the troll I think it is (who I've now blocked and so have many others) - he was never a Mahomes or Chiefs fan and doesn't believe a word he's saying.

He's a Brady hater and a BB lover. It's that simple. This is his way of coping for being so angry and butthurt that Brady won a ring away from Bill in dominant fashion and Bill has been somewhat less successful than that without Brady...to put it mildly. The "debate" between them as it was is over and the outcome isn't just in Brady's favor...it's an ass kicking.
This explains it.

This explains it.
Part of his anti Brady gimmick is taunting Pats fans for Super Bowl 42. That’s not someone worth the time and effort to read.

Last edited:
I normally wouldn't reply to such a stupid thread, but there's a WAY too long interview with Mahomes where he lists his Top 5 Quarterbacks of All Time among other things.

Pat Mahomes Reveals His Five Greatest Quarterbacks of All Time

You named a lot of legends there. Do you have a top five quarterbacks of all time list?
"Yeah, I mean, you got to say Tom’s 1, but if you talk about the legends of the game, Tom, Peyton Manning, obviously Aaron Rodgers, Joe Montana, and then it gets down to Dan Marino or John Elway to round off your top five. But I mean there’s some great quarterbacks that played this game, man, I’m trying to learn from them because even though the game has progressed, there’s still stuff in the past that helps you become a better quarterback."

Curse of Brady continues. Also blessing of Brady continues. Boston sports teams cant stop choking as soon as he left and teams where he now lives first in Tampa and now Miami are winning.

Like all Dynasties, it will mostly depend on how well the team drafts and how they build around the QB. Bad drafting has killed every Dynasty.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back