PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Black Eyed Peas expected to be announced as Super Bowl Halftime music act

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope no one gets peed on.

I thought Justin Timberlake and Janet Jackson permanently ruined any chance of this stuff happening again. Roger Gooddell, you're ******* up.

Justin Bieber was not available?

(reaching out to the Canadian Pats fans)

I don't know what's up with the hating on the Black Eyed Peas... I'm not a big fan of what it is that they do, but it certainly seems like they do "what they do", pretty well

Now, one might not call synthesized pop music, "music" but there's no question that millions of people find them entertaining, and there's really nothing wrong with that

There's a ton of band's I'd rather see at half time, but I don't think the NFL gives a crap about me at half time of the Super Bowl... it's a completely different demographic at half time.

What the hell, I want to see a Led Zep halftime show with Jason Bonham on drums!

Have AC/DC done a SB halftime show? That's who I'd like to see.

I don't like the Black Eyed Peas as a choice for the super bowl. I understand that the NFL was probably trying to go for a group with modern relevance this year.
I'm not debating that they are popular, or that they are relevant in the popular landscape. I don't think they are relevant to football though.

Football's audience is very much a group of the old and the young, the country music crowds and the east coast rap crowds. Classic rock bands are usually as good of a middle ground as you can find.

AC/DC would be an amazing complement to the Super Bowl. Watch bone crunching hits with an intermission of skull crushing riffs.

I haven't been impressed with a halftime show since U2. Its awesomeness spoiled anything that has come after. In fact, I'm not sure I've really watched one for longer than 60 seconds since then.

AC/DC is a great choice. They're almost considered classic rock now, so it's SB halftime worthy. Let's get it done! :rocker:

Last edited:
Shut the tube off for 20 minutes, go outside, and take a walk.

I guess Celine Dione was unavailable? The BEP? WTF? Someone in the front office needs to give Goodell a drug test pronto.

Thank goodness this gives me a chance to take a break and make some sandwiches or something, because there's no way in h3ll I'm listening to this HT show.

I'm almost positive that they already did a Super Bowl show. I remember fans who haven't heard of them comment on Fergie shaking it. Maybe it could've been the Rose Bowl or something like that, but I distinctly remember them playing a big football game.

I'm almost positive that they already did a Super Bowl show. I remember fans who haven't heard of them comment on Fergie shaking it. Maybe it could've been the Rose Bowl or something like that, but I distinctly remember them playing a big football game.

Maybe you are right but I would have to look. Any way this isn't a good choice at all for halftime show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft