The Annual PatsFans Draft Contest, 2017

Brad Seaton, OL, Villanova
J.J. Dielman, OL, Utah
Samson Ebukam, LB, Eastern Washington
Cole Hikutini, TE, Louisville
Fred Ross, WR, Mississippi State
Xavier Woods, S, Louisiana Tech
Brandon Wilson, CB, Houston

Okay, no more procrastination. I don't think I am going to get too many right this year, so I might as well have fun with the process. I hope you all enjoy this entry! :)

We root for the Patriots. What's more patriotic than celebrating our diverse population of people who are now Americans? As a many-generations-removed descendant of immigrants, I'm glad to call this country home, and so are these players. Without further ado, I present to you the Melting Pot Draft: players from other countries who now live in America.

OBI MELIFONWU, SS, CONNECTICUT (Born in London. Parents are from Nigeria. Immigrated in 97.)

AMARA DARBOH, WR, MICHIGAN (Born in Sierra Leone; orphaned by war; adopted by a family in the US. Recently become an American citizen. Congrats!)

JERMAINE ELUEMUNOR, OG, TEXAS A&M (Our second Londoner. Rugby and wrestling background.)

SAMSON EBUKAM, OLB, EASTERN WASHINGTON (Born in Nigeria. Immigrated when he was 9, and learned English after moving to the US. Involved in soccer, shot put, and javelin prior to football.)

AMBA ETTA-TAWO, WR, SYRACUSE (Born in Oman. Sprinter in high school. Working on his master's degree.)

JEHU CHESSON, WR, MICHIGAN (Born in Liberia. Escaped war and moved to St. Louis when he was 5. High school champion hurdler.)

ANDREAS KNAPPE, OT, CONNECTICUT (Born in Denmark. World class archer on national team. Attended Handelsskolen Silkeborg for high school and then set out to play football abroad.)

Overthought and overwrought ...

Ryan Anderson, OLB, Alabama
Samson Ebukam, OLB/DE, Eastern Washington
Julie'n Davenport, OT, Bucknell
Antonio Garcia, OT, Troy
Shaquill Griffin, CB, Central Florida
Corn Elder, CB, Miami
DeMarcus Walker, DE, Florida State

Going by Lombardi saying teams like to keep quite about guys they really like and the fact many of the BB drafted prospects had no contacts reported prior to Draft . Ryan Anderson certainly fits the category of a Pat pick they trust enough not to give away the interest..

Okay, no more procrastination. I don't think I am going to get too many right this year, so I might as well have fun with the process. I hope you all enjoy this entry! :)

We root for the Patriots. What's more patriotic than celebrating our diverse population of people who are now Americans? As a many-generations-removed descendant of immigrants, I'm glad to call this country home, and so are these players. Without further ado, I present to you the Melting Pot Draft: players from other countries who now live in America.

OBI MELIFONWU, SS, CONNECTICUT (Born in London. Parents are from Nigeria. Immigrated in 97.)

AMARA DARBOH, WR, MICHIGAN (Born in Sierra Leone; orphaned by war; adopted by a family in the US. Recently become an American citizen. Congrats!)

JERMAINE ELUEMUNOR, OG, TEXAS A&M (Our second Londoner. Rugby and wrestling background.)

SAMSON EBUKAM, OLB, EASTERN WASHINGTON (Born in Nigeria. Immigrated when he was 9, and learned English after moving to the US. Involved in soccer, shot put, and javelin prior to football.)

AMBA ETTA-TAWO, WR, SYRACUSE (Born in Oman. Sprinter in high school. Working on his master's degree.)

JEHU CHESSON, WR, MICHIGAN (Born in Liberia. Escaped war and moved to St. Louis when he was 5. High school champion hurdler.)

ANDREAS KNAPPE, OT, CONNECTICUT (Born in Denmark. World class archer on national team. Attended Handelsskolen Silkeborg for high school and then set out to play football abroad.)

Great entry, beautiful.
No rating appropriate for this one available. Kudos and thanks.

(i do feel a bit uneasy though .. with you having all this immigration intelligence..)

Going by Lombardi saying teams like to keep quite about guys they really like and the fact many of the BB drafted prospects had no contacts reported prior to Draft . Ryan Anderson certainly fits the category of a Pat pick they trust enough not to give away the interest..

Yep.

It's often seemed to me in the past that extensive public contact with a prospect was a mis-direct, though sometimes it's not.

Still, I'm concerned that the OV by Garcia and Scar's personal workout of Davenport are intended to disguise that they're really after Will Holden.

With projected 5th-6th-7th rounders, though, their interest often seems more genuine.

Great entry, beautiful.
No rating appropriate for this one available. Kudos and thanks.

(i do feel a bit uneasy though .. with you having all this immigration intelligence..)

Thanks! :)

Nothing sinister. I just read a lot of player bios, mostly to locate team captains. I noticed a lot of the players I liked were born in other countries, so this seemed like a fun way to tip my hat to them.

Two of my favorite players just missed the cut: Odenigbo, the son of diplomats, was the first child in his family born in the US. Amichia's parents moved here from Ghana, but he was born in Georgia, I believe.

We need someone to fill the Vollmer role, after all. How else is Brady going to butcher another language for our entertainment?

Yep.

It's often seemed to me in the past that extensive public contact with a prospect was a mis-direct, though sometimes it's not.

Still, I'm concerned that the OV by Garcia and Scar's personal workout of Davenport are intended to disguise that they're really after Will Holden.

With projected 5th-6th-7th rounders, though, their interest often seems more genuine.

Don't worry about O-linemen, those contacts are genuine IMO, it's hard to do it otherwise, Dante has to test them properly and its hard to hide that. There were reports on contact/workout w Thuney and they picked him.

Most post Combine contacts were with guys that are lower rounds/possible UDFAs, except for OL, EDGE, and some CB, S (not counting RB anymore)

Don't worry about O-linemen, those contacts are genuine IMO, it's hard to do it otherwise, Dante has to test them properly and its hard to hide that. There were reports on contact/workout w Thuney and they picked him.

Most post Combine contacts were with guys that are lower rounds/possible UDFAs, except for OL, EDGE, and some CB, S (not counting RB anymore)

Andrews, Mason and Jackson were all worked out. I know Mason and Jackson were Dante but I think Andrews may have been BB.

We need someone to fill the Vollmer role, after all. How else is Brady going to butcher another language for our entertainment?

That was indeed painful to watch. I also added Knappe to my not-so-short-list as Vollmer repl., thought he was German, good to know he's “dansker“..

That was indeed painful to watch. I also added Knappe to my not-so-short-list as Vollmer repl., thought he was German, good to know he's “dansker“..

We had an English soccer manager who took control of a Dutch team. He was interviewed by the Dutch media and because he didn't know Dutch, he replied in English but put on a fake Dutch accent whilst doing so. So funny.

We had an English soccer manager who took control of a Dutch team. He was interviewed by the Dutch media and because he didn't know Dutch, he replied in English but put on a fake Dutch accent whilst doing so. So funny.

To top this one, an English Minister for Wales pretended to sing the Welsh national anthem despite not knowing the words. Effectively ruined his career.

Having said that, he's had a bit of a late renaissance and is actually a terrific intellect.

Foxboro rehab draft

Rueben Foster, LB, Alabama
Jabrill Peppers, S, Michigan
Jake Butt, TE, Michigan
Sydney Jones, CB, Washington
Joe Mathis, ED, Washington
Jarron Jones, DT, North Dakota
Mack Hollins, WR, North Carolina

Foxboro rehab draft

Rueben Foster, LB, Alabama
Jabrill Peppers, S, Michigan
Jake Butt, TE, Michigan
Sydney Jones, CB, Washington
Joe Mathis, ED, Washington
Jarron Jones, DT, North Dakota
Mack Hollins, WR, North Carolina

Screw the rest, just give me Mack Hollins

Those ST skills...imagine if Slater could actually catch the occasional long ball?

Yup. Surprised there's been no seeming interest from the Pats. When I saw he was a 4 year ST captain, I locked him in. The lack of interest since and the full WR roster meant I dialled that back.

Dan Feeney, G, Indiana
Antonio Garcia, OT, Troy
Trey Hendrickson, EDGE, Florida Atlantic
Will Holden, OT, Vanderbilt
Blair Brown, LB, Ohio
Lorenzo Jerome, SS, St Francis
Nate Hairston, CB, Temple

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore