PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The AFCCG: Pats vs. Ravens Post Game Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is false. You CAN challenge the ruling on the field of an incomplete pass. It's been done PLENTY. Particularly in cases of catches on the sidelines.

Not inside two minutes in the fourth quarter.

3) Gronk's ankle bears watching. Glad he was able to come back in and finish the game. I assume they will know more after X rays and that he will be really sore tomorrow. Hope the trainers get him ready for the game of his life in Indy. Patriots will need him.

His ankle will be fine or close to fine in two weeks. No worries.

I'm sitting here watching my DVR replay....you guys must have been going crazy with questions about the coverage by the Ravens...this LOOKS a lot tighter than what I actually SAW from the stands...I think the fact that Brady had receivers as primaries that were covered well and didn't check down to the wide open WR's I saw AT the game live speaks to what was going on in his head...and anytime your first look is Edelman or Slater...well...I HAVE to question WTF kind of game plan that is....you have Herndo as a weapon and your primary with 6 minutes left is a Slater???? I sincerely hope this was not called from up in the box....this better be a BOB play call...

Didn't O'Brien call a similar play in the first Miami game this season?

I'm sitting here watching my DVR replay....you guys must have been going crazy with questions about the coverage by the Ravens...this LOOKS a lot tighter than what I actually SAW from the stands...I think the fact that Brady had receivers as primaries that were covered well and didn't check down to the wide open WR's I saw AT the game live speaks to what was going on in his head...and anytime your first look is Edelman or Slater...well...I HAVE to question WTF kind of game plan that is....you have Herndo as a weapon and your primary with 6 minutes left is a Slater???? I sincerely hope this was not called from up in the box....this better be a BOB play call...

The floating passes were just weird. Brady is brilliant because of his laser shots. Even when a defender gets his hand in they are too hot to handle. These floaters were just horrible. I don’t know if these were because the Ravens defenders were in the way and he was trying to throw over them. I think we could have used Ridley today instead of Woodhead. Running Woodhead straight into the Ravens did not work.

Not inside two minutes in the fourth quarter.

I know THAT. Sheesh. That doesn't explain why the REPLAY BOOTH which is automatically supposed to review each play inside the last 2 minutes of the game, didn't do so..

Random thoughts after a near heart attack:

Pats are only the 3rd conference champion to win the game with a -2 (or worse) turnover differential. Forty-seven other times the team that does that lost. Amazing the Pats pulled this game out considering turnovers against that Ravens D had to be avoided and weren't.

Pats won a game in which "Good Flacco" showed up. He threw some pinpoint lasers in good coverage (the sideline throw to Evans was sick, as was the skinny post to Boldin). He also made some throws on the run. Fortunately he missed some open guys deep, but he was definitely good enough.

Pats won this game in which their offense stalled in the red zone 3 times. The Ravens' D clearly had a lot to do with this, but so did the Pats as Brady missed Gronk for a wide-open TD and for whatever reason BB didn't challenge the Gronk catch that was ruled OOB (looks like he got both feet in on the replay). Opportunities had to be taken advantage of against Baltimore and the Pats couldn't. Again, winning under these circumstances was impressive.

Pats D made four stellar stops that collectively saved the game:

1. Stopping Boldin short of the 1st down at the 2yd line. Baltimore settled for the 3-3 tie, so the stop was huge keeping the game close early.

2. The 3rd-down sack of Flacco after Woodhead's fumble to force a FG and keep the game to only 4 points. A TD there would have been devastating.

3. Stuffing Rice on the draw that really forced the Ravens to go for it on 4th down rather than try the 47yd FG. Big Vince getting a handful of Flacco jersey on the 4th down incompletion topped off the great sequence.

4. Sterling Moore stripping Lee Evans of the ball in the EZ. Great play by Moore, but also a lazy play by Evans. I guess you can take Lee Evans out of Buffalo, but you can't take the Buffalo out of Lee Evans.

I was glad to see the Pats go hurry-up all game as I did think it helped slow down the Baltimore rush. I liked even more the use of BJGE in that strategy as he ran superbly from it. What I didn't like was him coming off the field all too frequently. Even if he needed a rest, I thought it would have been good to still have him in there for play-action. I want to see a lot more of him in SB46.

Bernard Pollard is an ay-hole. Although he did have a good game when he wasn't trying to roll on Gronk's knee.

Brady's two picks were into double-coverage. To Edelman and Slater. Tom, if *those guys* are drawing the heavy coverage, are you trying to tell me Gronk, Hernandez or Welker aren't open somewhere else? Actually, the replay on the Slater bomb clearly shows Welker wide open about 8yds to the right downfield. Not two of Tom's best throws.

Big Vince was a force all game. Dederick started off the game on fire and still held up well as the game progressed as the Ravens' running game never killed them.

Cundiff's miss was a major league hook. Consider he hooked the ball from the right hashmark past the left goal post in 32yds and you're looking at one of the all-time chokes. Still, considering the 3 stupid turnovers by the Pats, I'll take it.

Bring on the Giants and let the Recent Playoff Losses Revenge Tour continue. Unfortunately, bring on the onslaught of SB42 flashbacks as well. Oh well, hopefully it will fuel the fire for Brady and company.

Regards,
Chris

Why wasn't their a flag for that Ravens player holding onto McCourty's facemask as he ran into the endzone? They showed that replay a ton of times and the announcers never even mentioned it. It was way beyond a stiffarm. He dragged McCourty with him into the endzone.

On a side note, did anyone watch the patriots celebration video on nfl.com? There's Matt Light shaking hands with another guy and then he says: it never gets old, man. I wonder if that's Bruschi? Were Bledsoe, Law and Brown in the locker room after the game? That would be awesome to watch.

You know what was weird, when Brady did not get in on the 1st quarterback sneak he was down at around the 2 inch line but they put the ball at the ½ yard line. The spot was where his knee came down not where the ball was. This could have been huge as Ben did not get in on the next play.

Good talk Danny. Let's go get one more now.

Re: Woooooooooo!!!!!!!

Wooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeahhhhhhhh mofos!!!! Were going to indyyyyyyy!!!!!!!! Yeahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ray geting set for his revenge on Cundiff?

Where are the haters who said they have not beat a team with a winning record at? They sure are silent tonight.

Where are the haters who said they have not beat a team with a winning record at?
Please address your concerns to the following mailing address:

NFL Network Studios
2001 Rams Suck Lane
Culver City, CA 90230
Attention: Marshall Faulk

In response to the Cundiff field goal:

Running back BenJarvus Green-Ellis: "I wasn't praying. If he had to make it, we would have just come out and done what we had to do to try to win the game. Whatever we had to do, fourth quarter, overtime, whatever it had been."

Truly a stalwart professional. I wonder if the Patriots will re-sign him...

-Jamman

Last edited:
r791sk.jpg

That would make a sweet poster! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes