PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The AFC Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice_Ice_Brady

I heard 10,000 whispering and nobody listening
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Pittsburgh lost to Baltimore (aka one of the worst teams in the NFL) in what seemed like a must-win game. Then it took them a full half today to start looking like they were better than Cleveland.

NY Jets lose to a mediocre Buffalo team in a must-win game. Maybe they get a slight pass because we all know this was Rex's SB. Still, though, you'd think a good team wins this game.

Denver lost to Oakland in another game where it they were the only ones with something at stake and then were taken to OT at home against the Bengals and their 2nd string QB. In between, they lost at Pittsburgh. Today, they are struggling to put the Chargers (another one of the worst teams in the NFL) away, leading 7-6 at the half. I'll bet they win, but it's hardly been the type of signature victory you'd expect to clinch HFA at home against a garbage team.

Patriots, well, I don't think I have to explain what we don't already know. Going into the home stretch, I predicted tough losses at Denver and at NYJ, but losing to a dead Miami team and losing to the terrible Eagles team at home? Come on.

Texans suck. No business being in the playoffs; they just play in a mind-boggling bad division.

Bengals probably won't get a fair shake without Dalton, who is rumored to be out through the AFCDG, or in other words, until next season.

Chiefs have played well but (a) come on, it's Smith-Reid, and (b) they have also struggled quite a bit against crummy opponents.

A team could get hot the AFC could ultimately produce the SB winner, but I've never seen such a battle-worn, non-elite group of teams heading to the postseason from a conference in a given calendar year.

Anyone have anything to add?

I'll add this

The playoffs should be great.

You know, this REALLY makes me hope that some how the line gets their **** together in the next two weeks....I mean if they were playing well there isn't a team on that list we shouldn't destroy.

Id really rather not lose another Super Bowl but you have to be in it to win it. The eternal conundrum.

You know, this REALLY makes me hope that some how the line gets their **** together in the next two weeks....I mean if they were playing well there isn't a team on that list we shouldn't destroy.
If the line comes together and JE11 produces they are going to the SB.

If one of those doesn't happen they are done.

I agree, everybody sucks. We just have to suck a little less and SB50 here we come!

That's the thing that makes the Pats injuries more frustrating. The healthy Pats team we saw in the first few games of the season would have been just about unstoppable in the playoffs, even by the NFC. Now it will be a struggle just to get to the SB.

People are complaining a lot : but BB the GM has been on fire since Pioli left. This team is being limited by injuries, and that may in fact do them in. But the trades/pick ups in both 14 & 15 have been great. That team this autumn was amazing. I just hope that I get to see 80% of that pre-Halloween team this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back