PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The AFC 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the team has to stay focused on Miami but as fans we can speculate all we want so assuming we beat Miami this is what I want to happen and me posting this isn't going to change the way Tom Brady plays, the defense plays or how BB coaches for those that say I'm jinxing thing.

1.NE 2.KC 3.Pitts 4.Hou 5.Oak 6.Miami

Divisional round we would play one of Houston, Oakland or Miami. Assuming the above seeding plays out Pittsburgh would have to face KC in the divisional round in all likelihood thus knocking out one of the two major threats if we were to win through.

If it goes the other way and Oakland hold on to the 2 seed then it's far more likely we'd have to face KC in the divisional round and then Pittsburgh if we won that match up.

From a pure football viewership standpoint, the hits keep coming for the NFL. It's not secret that games haven't been great this year and now you have an AFC playoff field in which three teams will be playing backup quarterbacks that just took over within the last few weeks.

2010 proved to me anything can happen. Anything at all.

I had already learned that lesson in 2008 when Kevin Garnett told me anything is possible. :)

This is the weakest crop of AFC playoff teams since 2008.

I think KC is the next best team in the AFC. They have a lot of talent and Alex Smith is underrated, especially in big games. Having said that, the only team that can beat the Patriots is themselves. If they avoid turnovers and don't get cute with the play calling they should beat all of these teams. They need to stop with the long balls on 3rd and short and manage the clock like they used to. Score at the end of the half and then score to start the 2nd half (if they deferred). No more cheap points given to opposing teams at the end of the first half. Don't force the ball to Edelman and use Dion Lewis more. We have so many weapons now, stick with the short quick passes to help the OL and let the skills guys do their thing in the open field. Mitchell and Hogan have become legitimate threats as well. We just need to distribute the ball around and not become locked on one guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents