PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2015 NFL Combine Thread

@brycegustafson: Danny Shelton. 339 lbs. And just leaped 30.5 inches on vertical jump.

If he's just a space eater, how do you explain the 9 sacks his senior year?
Watch his tape and you'll see that he is not a penetrating DL. In college he may have been able to generate enough push to power his way to sacks, that is not as likely to occur in the NFL.

He's the 2nd best edge rusher on the team.
I would prefer to draft a LB who plays off the line and move Hightower to the edge over drafting an edge rusher personally.

Paul Dawson has lost himself some money. 3 down linebackers don't run 4.95.
He has character and work ethic concerns too. He could end up being a late day 3 picks now.

4.19 shuttle for Odighizuwa, 7.36 3-cone.

The 3-cone is OK, not great, but the shuttle is fantastic.

Chandler Jones was 4.38, 7.07

Mike Loyko points out that Dont'a Hightower ran a 4.62. Speaks to his athleticism considering his size.
His 10 yard split was 1.58 that is spectacular. He didn't do to well in the 3-cone drill though.

4.19 shuttle for Odighizuwa, 7.36 3-cone.

The 3-cone is OK, not great, but the shuttle is fantastic.

Chandler Jones was 4.38, 7.07
I think he is going to go top 25 so I don't even see him being an option for us. I wouldn't trade up for him either.

Vic Beasley best in the 3cone (well there's a surprise) at 6.91. Preston Smith had a 7.07 (BB will like that) and Henry Anderson at 294lbs had a 7.20.

@JoshNorris: Hmmm, Dante Fowler had a 7.40 3-cone.
Beasley 6.91
Preston Smith 7.07
Eli Harold 7.07
Anderson 7.20
Orchard 7.28
Owa 7.37
Grady 7.37

Beasley the freak

I think he is going to go top 25 so I don't even see him being an option for us. I wouldn't trade up for him either.

I would.

Might look at Preston Smith though as compensation. Diggy and Hardison are my two favourite D linemen.

We all need to take a look at Xavier Cooper again. Ran fast in the 40 and had a 7.23 3cone at 293lbs.

Binky comparison time:

Owamagbe Odighizuwa

6-3, 267lbs

40 - 4.62
10 - 1.62
BP - 25
VJ - 39
BJ - 127
3cone - 7.36
ss - 4.19

Brian Orakpo

6-3, 263lbs

40 - 4.63
10 - 1.56
BP - 31
VJ - 39.5
BJ - 130
3cone - 7.26
ss - 4.45

Orakpo went 13th overall.

Some. He reminds me of another ucla guy, datone jones. Just seems odd to me to draft a non pass rusher who plays a key pass rushing position in the first round.

Some. He reminds me of another ucla guy, datone jones. Just seems odd to me to draft a non pass rusher who plays a key pass rushing position in the first round.

He's a run stopping LDE with pass rushing ability that adds pass rush on nickel downs by shifting inside. The Pats are one of the lowest blitzing teams in the NFL. Diggy adds pass rush in nickel. I think he can become our Michael Bennett.

Oops.

Tyler Varga apparently also not working out today. Expects to be ready by his pro day.
Varga has an ankle injury! Was very disappointed that I didn't get to see him catch yesterday

MLB Stephone Anthony (6'2.5", 243#) - 4.56/40, 1.57/10, 37" VJ, 10'2" BJ.

Pretty darn good.

Last edited:
Preston Smith would be nice as a pass rusher.

Duelling Scouting Reports:

Michael Bennett:

Tall with a strong upper body and long arms.

Can push the tackle into the quarterback when one-on-one, using a strong bull rush.

Flashes the initial burst to gain an advantage on the tackle, forcing him off-balance

Can spin to get off of blocks and change direction.

Owamagbe Odighizuwa

Scouts love pass rushers with long arms

powerful bull rush

Can beat tackles inside with good initial quickness

When moving inside, quickly slips past guards to pressure the backfield.

has shown good balance and agility to spin back inside.

Doubt a DB gonna become a blinky for ppl, so after watching the rest in action, WHO is peoples blinky? WHO do ppl want most in round 1? And if he is aint on the board when Pats draft what are you doing then?

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back