PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2015 NFL Combine Thread

Doubt a DB gonna become a blinky for ppl, so after watching the rest in action, WHO is peoples blinky? WHO do ppl want most in round 1? And if he is aint on the board when Pats draft what are you doing then?

If we're talking about first round binkies rather than logic, then it's:

TJ Clemmings
Todd Gurley
Ameer Abdullah
Owamagbe Odighizuwa

for me.

Earlier today my binky was diggy. Then bud Dupree came along and changed all of that. Imagine having two athletic freaks in him and Collins would be great to watch. I have a feeling after his performance today he climbed up to the mid teens.

Earlier today my binky was diggy. Then bud Dupree came along and changed all of that. Imagine having two athletic freaks in him and Collins would be great to watch. I have a feeling after his performance today he climbed up to the mid teens.

We've always known that Dupree was going to put up those sort of numbers. He has the potential to be great but the tape isn't really there. Like you, I think it's unlikely that Dupree falls past twenty. Eli Harold is another one that had a sneaky good day. He was a borderline first rounder before today, might have cemented a first round spot.

Doubt a DB gonna become a blinky for ppl, so after watching the rest in action, WHO is peoples blinky? WHO do ppl want most in round 1? And if he is aint on the board when Pats draft what are you doing then?

For me in terms of WANT (realistic options):
TJ Clemmings
Cam Erving
Bud Dupree
Jordan Phillips

These are the 4 I would be ecstatic for at 32

I've found lower round guys that have impressed, for various reasons, but I'm kind of agnostic on the first round right now. I haven't found my Dontari Poe.

I've found lower round guys that have impressed, for various reasons, but I'm kind of agnostic on the first round right now. I haven't found my Dontari Poe.

Who have you found in the later rounds?

Simple board based on who will realistically be there at the moment:

1. Owamagbe Odighizuwa DE
2. Cameron Irving OL
3. trade down to 36-39 and regroup for Day 2

Simple board based on who will realistically be there at the moment:

1. Owamagbe Odighizuwa DE
2. Cameron Irving OL
3. trade down to 36-39 and regroup for Day 2

Cant argue with that.

Who have you found in the later rounds?

Dorsett comes to mind, as a WR, for one example. He needs work, but he's got enough of the T.Y. Hilton skills that would allow him to compliment Edelman as a pair of inside/outside threats that it makes me want to look at him a lot more closely.

I always liked dorsett.

I like preston smith as a pass rusher. I kinda wish we went back to the 4-3. Jones was more impactful in the 4-3 defense.

I always liked dorsett.

I like preston smith as a pass rusher. I kinda wish we went back to the 4-3. Jones was more impactful in the 4-3 defense.

Dorsett is ok, but other than speed he has no other discernable traits such as size or hands... Also in the hybrid Defense we run we are in 4-3 alot, but when we have Collins Mayo and Hightower all healthy again i think we will switch back to a 4-3 base

Dorsett is ok, but other than speed he has no other discernable traits such as size or hands... Also in the hybrid Defense we run we are in 4-3 alot, but when we have Collins Mayo and Hightower all healthy again i think we will switch back to a 4-3 base

If you're looking for measurables, Dorsett had a 6.70 3 cone and a 4.11 SS, so it's not as if he's strictly going to be a straight line runner. For example, I've seen him make the Edelman TD move, and it looked smooth enough to work in the NFL.

If you're looking for measurables, Dorsett had a 6.70 3 cone and a 4.11 SS, so it's not as if he's strictly going to be a straight line runner. Hell, I've seen him make the Edelman TD move, and it looked smooth enough to work in the NFL.

His size bothers me a bit but there's no denying he's an exciting talent. Have you looked at Tre McBride?

If you're looking for measurables, Dorsett had a 6.70 3 cone and a 4.11 SS, so it's not as if he's strictly going to be a straight line runner. For example, I've seen him make the Edelman TD move, and it looked smooth enough to work in the NFL.

We would need to spend a 3rd for a guy like Dorsett... Id prefer Bell or McBride. Them and Jalen Strong are the only wrs I want for our offense.

We would need to spend a 3rd for a guy like Dorsett... Id prefer Bell or McBride. Them and Jalen Strong are the only wrs I want for our offense.

**Cough** Deandre Smelter **Cough**

Dorsett can return kicks as well. I hope we draft a wr because i still have my doubts with dobson.

His size bothers me a bit but there's no denying he's an exciting talent. Have you looked at Tre McBride?

I've seen a little of him, but not enough to have a real take. I start my draft geeking well after you and many of the others on this board, so I'll be playing catch up for a while.

I've seen a little of him, but not enough to have a real take. I start my draft geeking well after you and many of the others on this board, so I'll be playing catch up for a while.

There's some geeking to do this year. Lots of varied and interesting talent.

There's some geeking to do this year. Lots of varied and interesting talent.

I hear you....

The good news is that I think I'll be able to pretty much skip DBs and LBs this year, and the TEs don't seem to be anything to go crazy over.

I hear you....

The good news is that I think I'll be able to pretty much skip DBs and LBs this year, and the TEs don't seem to be anything to go crazy over.

I haven't scouted a single DB so far. Fingers crossed I won't need to.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back