PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2013 NFL Combine Thread

I wonder how many offensive linemen go on day one. Joeckel, Fisher, Warmack, Cooper are surefire 1st rounders, there's a lot of Johnson, Armstead, Frederick, Jones, Watson, even maybe Faulk, Brennan Williams etc. who could conceivably find their way into the first round.

With day 1 only being the 1st round, I don't see half those guys going in the 1st. Especially with WR, Safety and D-line being so deep.

It's combine week. Who cares? :)

I was kinda under the impression that combine week is relevant because it gives us better insight as to a prospect's potential to play, but that's just me.

With day 1 only being the 1st round, I don't see half those guys going in the 1st. Especially with WR, Safety and D-line being so deep.

Yeah, OL, DT, WR, and S are really interesting right now.

I was kinda under the impression that combine week is relevant because it gives us better insight as to a prospect's potential to play, but that's just me.

I was joking. A little sarcasm about how values get artificially inflated this week before coming back to earth later when people look at tape. sorry if that wasn't clear.

I've not watched enough of Devin Taylor to give an accurate report. He looks good at times but can look really stiff at others.

Terron Armstead had the best vertical jump @ 34.5. Lane Johnson @ 34.0.

As I said, it's important in evaluating Patriot OL's.

Lane Johnson wins Broad Jump with 118" to Armstead's 112".

Johnson's 118 is a new record and only nine OT's since 99 have beaten Armstead's score.

One other random thought: which is better for the Pats—if all the QBs put on an incredible show of ability, to push prospects down, or of ineptitude, to build up a market for Mallett?

It'd be interesting to see what he can do against semi-competent competition.

From Texas vs Nation practices:

-Armonty Bryant’s repertoire of arm-over moves to the outside, enabled him to consistently dip, bend and explode through the blocker’s outside shoulder for quarterback sacks and pressures. Nearly unstoppable in one-on-one’s, Bryant caught my eye in the first practice and will be one to watch throughout this event.

Armonty Bryant continued to build off a strong performance in the Monday practice, displaying the natural ability to work to the outside of his opponent, bend and run the arc. Though he can be a bit reckless in his approach and waste movement with his arms off the snap, Bryant is the most natural edge guy at this event and should be valued in the mid-rounds as a developmental rusher. Called “sweet feet” by his position coach, Bryant can win with an outside-in or inside-out pass rush, setting up each move and cut before accelerating upfield. Bryant’s length, bend and edge speed have been impressive to say the least and he’s been one of the more dominant players here in Allen, Texas.

2013 Texas Vs Nation Game: Wednesday Practice Notes

Watching NFLN, I think it's safe to say that the hyping of the OL and TE positions has begun.

th

hope the pats will meet with markus wheaton too.

My thoughts on the O-line and TEs:

Baktiari - Can't Kickslide left to save his life.
Fluker - Horrible footwork. Raises a concern as to whether he'll be able to handle guys like Cameron Wake who pash rush from the right side.
Frederick - Great Footwork
Schwenke - excellent footwork.
Warford - Didn't impress me in any of the drills.

Cooper and Lane Johnson were impressive in ALL of the drills.

One TE who caught my eye was Vance McDonald. 6'4 1/8", 34 3/8" arms. He seemed to do everything very well in the drills. Caught the ball in stride, away from his body each time. Also can longsnap.

I'm gonna have to pick through the NFL.com website to see if I can find the footage for Kasa. Kasa, Furstenburg, and and Lutzenkirchen got no real love from NFLN. Probably cause they're not Mayock's binkies..

My thoughts on the O-line and TEs:

Baktiari - Can't Kickslide left to save his life.
Fluker - Horrible footwork. Raises a concern as to whether he'll be able to handle guys like Cameron Wake who pash rush from the right side.
Frederick - Great Footwork
Schwenke - excellent footwork.
Warford - Didn't impress me in any of the drills.

Cooper and Lane Johnson were impressive in ALL of the drills.

One TE who caught my eye was Vance McDonald. 6'4 1/8", 34 3/8" arms. He seemed to do everything very well in the drills. Caught the ball in stride, away from his body each time. Also can longsnap.

I'm gonna have to pick through the NFL.com website to see if I can find the footage for Kasa. Kasa, Furstenburg, and and Lutzenkirchen got no real love from NFLN. Probably cause they're not Mayock's binkies..

Kasa only ran the one 40 and then pulled out.

Vance McDonald did look very good today. Double clutches quite a few catches on tape however.

Good post. What did you think of Armstead?

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back