PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2013 NFL Combine Thread

Interesting, Cooper snapping the ball in that drill. I know some people here have discussed the idea of moving him to C.

When you watch UNC, it's Cooper calling the blocking assignments. He's smart and athletic. Man I love him as a prospect.

When you watch UNC, it's Cooper calling the blocking assignments. He's smart and athletic. Man I love him as a prospect.

The thing I love most about him as a pulling guard is the way he squares up his hips before engaging in the block. Gives him great balance and power especially down field against LBers.

A 306 pound man running a 4.65....now that's an athlete.

I still love Barrett Jones, who I think could be a quality player at all 3 of those positions. I think Armstead should sit first year anyway and add some weight to play RT.

I would think that with his lateral mobility (especially vs. Cannon) and with Vollmer likely gone, Armstead would start for us from the get go should we be able to grab him. But his numbers are suggesting a first round or high second round selection at this time.

Justin Pugh who we've talked to 'only' ran a 5.1 but had 2nd fastest 10 yard split of 1.67. Short arms though (32") which doesn't seem like a fit.

Edit: 1.61 10 yard split for Lane Johnson. Best of the day. 1.64 for Armstead.

Tannebaum: "If you're the Cardinals, you may be best suited to sign a Jason Campbell and draft Geno Smith. You win for today and win for tomorrow."

Be quiet you clueless bum. Thanks for Sanchez!

Chance Warmack definitely has some extra pudge on him, and his slow 40 time might sink his draft stock a wee bit, making him more realistic for us:D

I'm interested!

OL

Armstead 4.71
Lane Johnson 4.72

6 sub 5.0 runs by the O-linemen

OL

Armstead 4.71
Lane Johnson 4.72

6 sub 5.0 runs by the O-linemen

I wonder how many offensive linemen go on day one. Joeckel, Fisher, Warmack, Cooper are surefire 1st rounders, there's a lot of Johnson, Armstead, Frederick, Jones, Watson, even maybe Faulk, Brennan Williams etc. who could conceivably find their way into the first round.

I wonder how many offensive linemen go on day one. Joeckel, Fisher, Warmack, Cooper are surefire 1st rounders, there's a lot of Johnson, Armstead, Frederick, Jones, Watson, even maybe Faulk, Brennan Williams etc. who could conceivably find their way into the first round.

you forgot Larry Warford. I've seen that power teams have him ranked higher than J Cooper.

Mayock said he had six OT's and 2 OG's with a first round grade. So:

Joeckel
Fisher
Johnson
Fluker
Watson?
Long/Thomas/Pugh

Cooper and Warmack.

you forgot Larry Warford. I've seen that power teams have him ranked higher than J Cooper.

Mayock said he had six OT's and 2 OG's with a first round grade. So:

Joeckel
Fisher
Johnson
Fluker
Watson?
Long/Thomas/Pugh

Cooper and Warmack.

Yeah, forgot Fluker and Warford. Hell of a class.

Armonty Bryant has longer arms than Chandler Jones. I'm getting more and more interested. 35.68" 6-4, 263lbs.

Armonty Bryant has longer arms than Chandler Jones. I'm getting more and more interested. 35.68" 6-4, 263lbs.

Devin Taylor has 36" arms ( :eek: ) on a 6'7" 266lb body.

I don't know how many will go, obviously, but my thinking is "The more, the merrier." The same goes for QBs, RBs, TEs and LBs.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back