PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2012 season: the Jets [Mod Edit: STILL] suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Belichick being Welker ?

Rex:
"There are several individuals on offense and defense who understand it and play that way. But I want a physical, aggressive attack style of football team, whether it's offense, defense and all of that. Unpredictable on all three phases,"

"When we look for the search for new offensive coordinator, I want somebody with same type of belief that I have, that same passion, that same energy and that same same attack mentality, unpredictability on offense that I would have as a defensive guy or whatever. But as a head coach this is what I want."

BB today:
BB on aggressiveness vs. Avoiding mistakes. "You don't win a war by digging a foxhole...you need to attack." #PatriotsTalk
https://twitter.com/tomecurran/status/289063234684731392

on today's episode of Land Of The Ludicrous...Mt. WRecks is rumbling and threatening to erupt...

back010913.jpg

notice the typo...."coming off tattoo"...they're delirious in NY

Last edited:
The Green Beans reportedly are having a hard time finding willing GM candidates, let alone ones who are qualified.

Jets G.M. search moves to Jimmy Raye | ProFootballTalk

From the article:

Though Raye could indeed end up being the answer, the current perception in league circles is that the Jets are having a hard time filling the job. As one league source put it fairly bluntly, the Jets are “screwed.”

Yeah, that press conference really might not be helping them.

From the article:

Yeah, that press conference really might not be helping them.

It is just Florio hating again. There isn't a better GM in the NFL than the Jets' job. You are stuck with Rex and Marky Mark. After you gut the dead weight of the team, you will have about $10-15 million to fill about a dozen starting positions, back ups, and pay the rookies. You have Woody Johnson as your owner. The NY media are going to try to tear you down if you don't make the team a Super Bowl winner next year. What is there not to like about the position?

It is just Florio hating again. There isn't a better GM in the NFL than the Jets' job. You are stuck with Rex and Marky Mark. After you gut the dead weight of the team, you will have about $10-15 million to fill about a dozen starting positions, back ups, and pay the rookies. You have Woody Johnson as your owner. The NY media are going to try to tear you down if you don't make the team a Super Bowl winner next year. What is there not to like about the position?

It probably would make a good part-time job for someone for a year or so, until Wrecks is jettisoned.

I'm ready. I can do it. I think just being a fan of the Pats for the past 35+ years (does age 1-5 count?) I think I can get the Jets back to the level of mediocrity. Of course, the Pats fan in me doesn't want me to take the job, lest they actually improve next year. I can guarantee that I can get them a pick in the 10-20 range every year, which would mean I would be letting myself down. Let them stew on their own juices, I say.

I'm reading that the Jets assistant GM may very well become the new GM. Jets fans will be on suicide watch.

Breaking news,

The Jets have found a qualified GM more than willing to take the job. Given their failed search, they are more than happy with their find.
images

Breaking news,

The Jets have found a qualified GM more than willing to take the job. Given their failed search, they are more than happy with their find.
images

Tannenbaum, Sparano and Pettine were just sacrificial lambs for the fans. It would be hard for them to do worse at OC, but I think there is a very good chance that their new GM will be less capable than Tanny. I almost can't wait for next season just to see the circus back in full swing.

NY Jets become an even bigger joke after Woody Johnson, Rex Ryan lovefest - NY Daily News

“My confidence in him as a coach gives me confidence to keep him as a coach,” Johnson said. “I think Rex Ryan is perfect for the New York Jets. He’s just like a New York Jets fan in many respects.”

Hopefully not the type of Jets fan who would set a fire in seats in the upper level of the stadium to keep warm on a brutally cold Monday night game or the ones who stand on the outer wall of the concourse and jeer women walking past who refuse to lift their shirts and flash their breasts.

My family has had Jets season tickets since their inception. My grandparents would go see them suck at the Polo Grounds, and then my parents would see them suck at Shea Stadium, and then I had the pleasure of seeing them suck at the Meadowlands. My sister and I would literally fight over who got stuck going to the game with my dad because watching them play in person was so miserable. When they built the new stadium, how did the organization reward our loyalty (stupidity)? By giving us worse seats than those we had in the old stadium, and still insisting we pay PSLs.

I have three distinct memories of going to the games. One is seeing Dennis Byrd get paralyzed.
Another is my dad giving in and taking us home around halftime when the Jets were already down 45-3. The last is seeing some guys set the seats on fire in a section next to us.

Memories just water color memories of the way we were.

Last edited:
Posted by Dave....a jests fan:

I love Rex Ryan like a flatulent uncle and if Darrelle Revis spit in my face I'd never shower again, but pretty much every other person involved with this third-rate operation—from the ****heel Tea Party owner to the bean-counter GM to the dip**** players to the walking-afterbirth fansshould be loaded onto a rocket and fired into the sun. :rofl: I have been a Jets fan my entire life, and when people ask me what team I hate the most, the only honest answer is: the ******* Jets.

I HAVE to remember that line about the rocket fired into the Sun, I was laughing so hard i had tears in my eyes.

Last edited:
Posted by Dave....a jests fan:

I love Rex Ryan like a flatulent uncle and if Darrelle Revis spit in my face I'd never shower again, but pretty much every other person involved with this third-rate operation—from the ****heel Tea Party owner to the bean-counter GM to the dip**** players to the walking-afterbirth fansshould be loaded onto a rocket and fired into the sun. :rofl: I have been a Jets fan my entire life, and when people ask me what team I hate the most, the only honest answer is: the ******* Jets.

I HAVE to remember that line about the rocket fired into the Sun, I was laughing so hard i had tears in my eyes.

Why do you hate the sun?

:(

There's a thread on JI on teams current cap situations in regards to next season.

Jets are -19m for next season.

Pats are +18m.

Good thing they kept the cap wizard for that most talented team in 30 years or whatever the JI clowns called it.

Tannenbaum, Sparano and Pettine were just sacrificial lambs for the fans. It would be hard for them to do worse at OC, but I think there is a very good chance that their new GM will be less capable than Tanny. I almost can't wait for next season just to see the circus back in full swing.

I could make an argument for Tannenbaum being the worst GM in football. The Jets have pretty much no top tier talent on their team, and will be close to 20 million over the cap in 2013.

I could make an argument for Tannenbaum being the worst GM in football. The Jets have pretty much no top tier talent on their team, and will be close to 20 million over the cap in 2013.

I'm sure you're mistaken. I have read many posts on JI and GG noting that if Brady was taken away from the Pats, the Rats would have a superior roster overall.

Other lumps of gold gleaned from those sites:

Going into the last game Quentin Coples was licking his chops at the prospect of going up against Nate Solder

Stevan Ridley was a 5th round talent that BB reached for in the 3rd round.

C'mon, 10,000 rodents can't be wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back