PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2012 season: the Jets [Mod Edit: STILL] suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, a little off topic here, but I'm confused, how was Coples performance the other day?? I'm hearing some people say he played awful, while some are saying he looked spetacular.

:confused:

No, I wasn't reading the Jets forums.

Last edited:
Ok, a little off topic here, but I'm confused, how was Coples performance the other day?? I'm hearing some people say he played awful, while some are saying he looked spetacular.

For a rookie playing his 1st preseason game there is no way that he was awful. I just think that he wasn't as impressive as Chandler. He had a few plays but that was mostly against scrubs.

Rexy thinks he's the second coming of Tebow.

I think if the roles were reversed, and Jones performed like Couples, I think most here would still be pleased. Overall the performance was a positive which is all that you can hope for at this stage.

From Walker's AFC East Blog -

'Coples didn't disappoint in the opener, recording five tackles, five QB hits, one sack, one forced fumble and one tackle-for-loss. "

I think if the roles were reversed, and Jones performed like Couples, I think most here would still be pleased. Overall the performance was a positive which is all that you can hope for at this stage.

For his first preseason game, Coples had a very good game. His work against the 2s and 3s was impressive.

My only thing with Jets fans is how they are going great lengths to overhype his performance with the starters by praising him for running into his own man taking him out of the play or over penetrating his gap so that he is out of the position to make the play when they are running in the opposite direction.

For his first preseason game, Coples had a very good game. His work against the 2s and 3s was impressive.

My only thing with Jets fans is how they are going great lengths to overhype his performance with the starters by praising him for running into his own man taking him out of the play or over penetrating his gap so that he is out of the position to make the play when they are running in the opposite direction.

I would agree. They are a silly bunch. For instance, could you imagine if we hung on the daily updates of QB completion percentages as they do at JI? They take the concept of uninformed over analysis to a whole other level. Its not surprising that they would over evaluate a few plays from the guys first preseason game.

I would agree. They are a silly bunch. For instance, could you imagine if we hung on the daily updates of QB completion percentages as they do at JI? They take the concept of uninformed over analysis to a whole other level. Its not surprising that they would over evaluate a few plays from the guys first preseason game.

In fairness, I would be far more concerned about the daily completion percentage of the QB in practice if the Pats' QB was Mark Sanchez and not Tom Brady.

This his funniest post:

I think that Keller is much better than Hernandez at this point .... Regarding the rest of your post ...

True enough .... You'd think he'd learn from his coaches mistakes.

Hernandez was Brady's third favorite option last year and Keller was Sanchez's first and Hernandez still beat Keller in receptions (79 vs. 65) , yards (910 vs.815), and TDs (7 vs. 5). And Hernandez missed two games due to injuries while Keller was healthy all last year. Based on this information alone, only a Patriots homer would argue Hernandez is better than Keller. :rolleyes:

When they claim that Keller would have 1,000 yards and 8 TDs per year with Brady, aren't they just implicitly acknowledging that Mark Sanchez ******* sucks.

It's kind of like the people who argue that Belichick is only good because of Brady while simultaneously arguing that Brady is a system QB.

Last edited:
In fairness, I would be far more concerned about the daily completion percentage of the QB in practice if the Pats' QB was Mark Sanchez and not Tom Brady.

I wouldn't because it isn't even in context. We don't know how coach's run their practices and if they practicing certain plays or situations that might typically resulting in lower percentages. Additionally, it could be a situation where the team is installing a new set a plays but need the first ten plays to work on timing and therefore have a number of misses, but thereafter have the timing down and go 4 for 5. Overall it would look like they went 4 for 15 but the reality is that they improved and did what the needed to do to improve.

When they claim that Keller would have 1,000 yards and 8 TDs per year with Brady, aren't they just implicitly acknowledging that Mark Sanchez ******* sucks.

It's kind of like the people who argue that Belichick is only good because of Brady will simultaneously arguing that Brady is a system QB.

C'mon after years of Jets fans claiming Brady was only good because of Belichick while Belichick has never won anything without Brady, I'd figured you would be used to Jets' fans circular logic.

I wouldn't because it isn't even in context. We don't know how coach's run their practices and if they practicing certain plays or situations that might typically resulting in lower percentages. Additionally, it could be a situation where the team is installing a new set a plays but need the first ten plays to work on timing and therefore have a number of misses, but thereafter have the timing down and go 4 for 5. Overall it would look like they went 4 for 15 but the reality is that they improved and did what the needed to do to improve.

It was a joke.

Rex Ryan sets Quinton Coples up for Failure ...

I think we saw first hand what makes BB a great NFL coach and what makes Rex Ryan not.

After a good 1st preseason performance by Quinton Coples Rex takes the podium and compares him to Jason Pierre Paul to the entire NY media. Talk about putting on the weight of the world a 22 year old rookie with a history of inconsistent play and lack of motivation.

BB was asked a similar question about Chandler Jones and responded by saying we have a lot of guys on the field doing positive things and we just want to build on it.

re: Rex Ryan sets Quinton Coples up for Failure ...

I think we saw first hand what makes BB a great NFL coach and what makes Rex Ryan not.

After a good 1st preseason performance by Quinton Coples Rex takes the podium and compares him to Jason Pierre Paul to the entire NY media. Talk about putting on the weight of the world a 22 year old rookie with a history of inconsistent play and lack of motivation.

BB was asked a similar question about Chandler Jones and responded by saying we have a lot of guys on the field doing positive things and we just want to build on it.

While I also agree with the BB approach, and find Ryan to be a buffoon, there is more than 1 effective way to motivate people. It also varies by person, and one thing such as this is only part of an overall approach.
There have been many coaches, or other leaders who have successfully motivated people by building them up and setting the bar extremely high.
That part of Ryans MO, by itself, really has nothing inherently wrong with it.

He also called Sanchez special.:p

This isn't about Coples though. Someone in the media compared Jones to JPP. Wrecks never would have said that if nobody mentioned Jones. The Patriots are so entrenched in his head that he has to pull Belichick's pants down to take a crap.

The only thing that I find surprising, at this point, is that anyone in NY puts any weight into Rex's proclamations. Pretty sure he made similar statements about Vernon Gholston a couple of years ago, so it's hard to assign much credibility there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes