PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2012 season: the Jets [Mod Edit: STILL] suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Adam Schein is a Jets homer, but c'mon. Yeah, he COULD win a Super Bowl, but there is no guarantees. He is also pretty much guaranteeing the Jets will make the playoffs this year although I don't see it. His best argument in this article seems to be that Rex is confident without the sideshow (apparently he means the Super Bowl guarantees and not the sideshow that the Jets have been all preseason).

New York Jets' Rex Ryan will win a Super Bowl -- one day - NFL.com

As some other team's defensive coordinator maybe.

File this report under "No Duh!" Apparently, Matt Slauson won the starting job over Vlad Ducasse.

I'm sure as Rah!Rah! will point out that it is stupid Patriots homerism to label Ducasse a bust because this really is his third rookie year since he was so raw his first season that it was a redshirt year and you can't count last year because there was no offseason. Beside, who expects a second round pick to beat out a sixth round pick for a starting job anyway? Jermaine Cunningham is bust because he is a third year second round pick who showed flashes his rookie year, but not much since. Ducasse is an absolute stud because he is third year second round pick, but although he has achieved less than Cunningham, he has the potential to be an All Pro guard.

Slauson beats out Ducasse for Jets starting left guard spot

Sanchez/Teblow will be getting sacked at a record setting pace this year.

I doubt that will happen.

Good luck with that.

This is rose-colored glasses time for NFL messageboard geeks. Throughout the land everyone is an all-pro, our coaches are all geniuses, injuries will magically heal, our QB will never get old, our brilliant rookies will stop partying and become mature professionals.

But there is one place where the messageboards are grim and insecure. Its the place with no targets, no running game, no upgrades on the offensive line and a starting QB who sees a shirtless virgin prancing through the raindrops when he looks over his shoulder.

Can you guess where that might be?

Agreed.

Sanchez and his the starting QB job are standing on a banana peel, but I think Markie will be jacked and pumped the first few games proving hes not a Bust. Jets fans will be chanting Super Bowl and that Tanny is a Genius for drafting the Sanchize. NJ Jets nirvana at its finest before the sheet hits the fan with Sanchez's habit of throwing INTS and fumbilitis returning. Tebow will be the starter by game 8 or 9 as the Jets locker room divides. Nothing didvides a team like a good ol QB controversy and you know what a Baby Sanchez is.

The Jets will finish 7 - 9 to 9 - 7 missing the post season unless they miraculously back in like before. But they are no NY Giants.

Last edited:
Looks like the Green Beans have tuned out Wrecks. Chaos rules. Here comes 6-10.

I have a hard time listing six wins. It could be 4-12.

They are now "quietly shopping Ducasse."

Good luck with that.

This is rose-colored glasses time for NFL messageboard geeks. Throughout the land everyone is an all-pro, our coaches are all geniuses, injuries will magically heal, our QB will never get old, our brilliant rookies will stop partying and become mature professionals.

But there is one place where the messageboards are grim and insecure. Its the place with no targets, no running game, no upgrades on the offensive line and a starting QB who sees a shirtless virgin prancing through the raindrops when he looks over his shoulder.

Can you guess where that might be?

Both stops on the Mangini coaching and goodwill tour?

I reseve my comments until I see my team in preseason action.

Until then.....

Your team is looking like it's already going to implode and opening weekend is still a month away. Your OL sucks, your running game is overrated, your QB is terrible, your #1 WR would be a #3 at best here, and your defense can't even so much as sniff the quarterback without a jailbreak blitz. Yeah, I'd reserve my comments too if I were you.

rexnod.gif

OK I'm back

Based on what I saw on the first team offense do vs the Bengals I believe the Jets will go 5-11.

Thank you and good night.

OK I'm back

Based on what I saw on the first team offense do vs the Bengals I believe the Jets will go 5-11.

Thank you and good night.

I gotta say the Jets' o-line made me feel much better about the Pats' o-line performance last night. The Jets had 4 of their five starters (and the one missing might have been an addition by subtraction) and they looked as bad or worse as the Pats' o-line with only one starter playing in his regular season position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand