PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2012 season: the Jets [Mod Edit: STILL] suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have a ton of guaranteed money already invested in Li'l Marky. Regardless, "making sense" isn't on the New Jersey Green Beans' radar.

The Butt6Bumbler is untradable and uncuttable... the Jesters really dug themselves into an abyss there by committing the short term future (2012-2013) of their Keystone Cops franchise to this 5th rate sorry-ass excuse for a QB.

If I didn't know any better I'd suspect Tanny is a Pats plant in the Jets FO who keeps telling himself that he loves it when a plan comes together. :D

Is it me, or does SF's Alex Smith make a ton of sense for the Jets? He's a game manager for their run orientated offense, has improved under Harbaugh, is experienced so they don't to develop a rookie and is surely better than Sanchez.

Not from a cap standpoint. Unless the Niners cut him and he's willing to join the circus for peanuts. The 49'ers have no need to cut him though since they have him by the short hairs on a 3 year deal with no guaranteed money remaining (he got no signing bonus, just guaranteed salary and roster bonus this season). They don't owe him a cent unless he's on their roster April 1. Then they owe him $7.5M in salary. Which they can pay him as Kaepernick backup insurance if it comes to that since they are paying Colin peanuts as a 2012 rookie. Not to mention they could squeeze him on the salary dangling the shot at getting his starting gig back... He's not worth a ton to a less talented team absent a top 5 D.

Meanwhile the JETS can't cut Sanchez because he has a $17M dead cap hit that exceeds his otherwise anticipated 2013 cap hit by $4M+. If they kept Sanchez and added Smith the QB cap hit not even calculating in whatever they end up doing with Tebow would be $22M... If they cut Sanchez in favor of Smith the cap hit would be $26M...

Is it me, or does SF's Alex Smith make a ton of sense for the Jets? He's a game manager for their run orientated offense, has improved under Harbaugh, is experienced so they don't to develop a rookie and is surely better than Sanchez.

Alex Smith makes lots of sense for the Jets' needs. Fortunately the Jets screwed themselves by extending Sanchez so that any big $ QB move has to wait until 2014.

I don't know that Alex Smith has the makeup to mentally survive the beating he'd take behind that offensive line. To me, he seems more Matt Cassel/David Carr than Ben Roethlisberger, in that sense.

Last edited:
Alex Smith makes lots of sense for the Jets' needs. Fortunately the Jets screwed themselves by extending Sanchez so that any big $ QB move has to wait until 2014.

Exactly right. The Jets can really hose things up. Woody wants to sell PSLs, so he signs Tebow to do just that........But..... they extend Sanchez simply to ease his psyche and now they are stuck with him.

As Pat's fans, we couldn't have planned a better scenario.

Nobody decent wants to work for Woody or inherit 2013 cap hell that will delay rebuilding under the critical eye of the NY media

Actually, for a guy who could have total control, it would be a pretty attractive option to follow those 2 buffoons with a built in couple of years to suck without blame while un******ing it.

Is this the best Thanksgiving, or what?

On CBS, Boomer Esiason and Coach Cowher started jabbing away at the Jets and Sanchez for running into the butt of Brandon Moore and 3 TDs in 52 seconds. It was as if this thread had jumped off the internet and into the CBS studios.

I don't know that Alex Smith has the makeup to mentally survive the beating he'd take behind that offensive line. To me, he seems more Matt Cassel/David Carr than Ben Roethlisberger, in that sense.

I don't think the Jets offensive line is as bad as they look. Metics football sites have them ranked fairly high. Most of the problems begin and end with Sanchez.

Is this the best Thanksgiving, or what?

On CBS, Boomer Esiason and Coach Cowher started jabbing away at the Jets and Sanchez for running into the butt of Brandon Moore and 3 TDs in 52 seconds. It was as if this thread had jumped off the internet and into the CBS studios.

That never happened though...Rayge Rayge 19 has already broken it down over on JI...Sanchez went into his QB slide and the offensive lineman screwed it all up by moving sideways and backwards all at once...so since that shouldn't count, the TD doesn't count and then all the points scored against the Jets don't count and then the Jets would have obviously scored three or four more TD's given the extra possessions and then..the Jets win 49-19...so there you have it...the REAL truth about that play

That never happened though...Rayge Rayge 19 has already broken it down over on JI...Sanchez went into his QB slide and the offensive lineman screwed it all up by moving sideways and backwards all at once...so since that shouldn't count, the TD doesn't count and then all the points scored against the Jets don't count and then the Jets would have obviously scored three or four more TD's given the extra possessions and then..the Jets win 49-19...so there you have it...the REAL truth about that play

yes the jets would score for :

tumblr_mcs7hpEt5C1rk50c3o1_1280.jpg

eleventy billion touchdowns!!

Last edited:
heh heh heh....when in doubt...heh heh...perfect .jpg

I've got to say, as time goes by I am more and more impressed by Brandon Moore's butt. With a line of 1 sack, 1 tackle, and 1 forced fumble, not only did it outperform stellar rookie Quentin Coples, who registered 0 tackles or assists, it has better stats than many defenders this year.

Once again it shows that the Rats just do not know how to use the talent they already have.

I've got to say, as time goes by I am more and more impressed by Brandon Moore's butt. With a line of 1 sack, 1 tackle, and 1 forced fumble, not only did it outperform stellar rookie Quentin Coples, who registered 0 tackles or assists, it has better stats than many defenders this year.

Once again it shows that the Rats just do not know how to use the talent they already have.

hey hey now....watch that word "talent" with the jesters...

:singing::singing:

yeah...use "taint" instead....
emoticonlol.gif

Well the Jets defense has a total of 17 sacks all season. If you include the rest of Moore along with his butt, he may be responsible for more sacks than the entire defense.
Of course if you put him on defense and asked him to turn his back to the QB, it appears that would produce on one less sack than Coples passrushing all season has.

Coples is trash. Nice pick Jests

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore