PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2012 season: the Jets [Mod Edit: STILL] suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
PatsFanInVa, you certainly know your Jets fans well. It appears that facing reality will once again be postponed for at least another week:

Can't access the forum (not a member, thank God,) but just the title is enough.

NO, you're not going to the playoffs. You're 4-7 you delusional twit. On top of that, I'd say that judging from your domestic abuse stats, about the only thing you can beat is your own children, but they're probably Antonio Cromartie's anyway. Wait I know... you need only unleash the 75.5 career passer rating guy to turn the corner -- that Tim Tebow is a proven winner and God likes him!

My GOD man, accept the inevitable. It is time for the annual JEST crisis, the long, dark halftime of the soul, otherwise known as the weeks leading up to the playoffs and the playoffs themselves. Nurture that tiny seed of hope, and begin again blathering about how with a healthy Revis and the Pats' TERRIBLE 2013 draft, there's no way you don't win it all... blah blah blah. Call your buddies at BSPN, do a few dozen features on your incomparable arsenal, and presto-chango, you're self-proclaimed prohibitive favorites again, in that most JEST-friendly year, NEXT year.

Okay core dump completed :)

Can't access the forum (not a member, thank God,) but just the title is enough.

NO, you're not going to the playoffs. You're 4-7 you delusional twit. On top of that, I'd say that judging from your domestic abuse stats, about the only thing you can beat is your own children, but they're probably Antonio Cromartie's anyway. Wait I know... you need only unleash the 75.5 career passer rating guy to turn the corner -- that Tim Tebow is a proven winner and God likes him!

My GOD man, accept the inevitable. It is time for the annual JEST crisis, the long, dark halftime of the soul, otherwise known as the weeks leading up to the playoffs and the playoffs themselves. Nurture that tiny seed of hope, and begin again blathering about how with a healthy Revis and the Pats' TERRIBLE 2013 draft, there's no way you don't win it all... blah blah blah. Call your buddies at BSPN, do a few dozen features on your incomparable arsenal, and presto-chango, you're self-proclaimed prohibitive favorites again, in that most JEST-friendly year, NEXT year.

Okay core dump completed :)

Just a small nit pick, but Tebow notwithstanding, God hates the Rats too.

This really was the gift that keeps on giving...

:D

Post the LINK when you do that.

1) Not attributing newspaper or web articles puts this site in legal danger

2) Posting the link allows the rest of us to access the rest of the article/piece.

Thank you.

Just a small nit pick, but Tebow notwithstanding, God hates the Rats too.

Theologians are divided as to whether the "suffering servant" imagery in Isaiah should be interpreted as applying to the JEST as sort of christic analogy. Most, however, accept that in the case of the JEST, the fans suffer for the team's sins, rather than vice versa, so while messianic claims cannot be confirmed, it is quite likely that the team is the Antichrist.

Last edited:
Theologians are divided as to whether the "suffering servant" imagery in Isaiah should be interpreted as applying to the JEST as sort of christic analogy. Most, however, accept that in the case of the JEST, the fans suffer for the team's sins, rather than vice versa, so while messianic claims cannot be confirmed, it is quite likely that the team is the Antichrist.

Strongly disagree there, Monsignor.

It is clear that both fans and team deserve to suffer, so Divine Justice is served.

What is puzzling is why there is no prospect of Redemption. Have they placed themselves beyond Divine Mercy?

This loss definitely shook the fanbase. It's gotten so bad over there SAR I is threatening charges against another poster he claimed threatened him for bashing Fireman Ed.

Nike said:
dont worry what i studied and what i believe in. not being on the good side of the local fire department can really cause you some issues in the town of ridgewood. i will do my best to make sure they read you're comments geared at a brother fireman and others.

If that is a threat aimed at me and my family, I will be reporting it to the police department immediately.

SAR I

Fireman Ed bolts game at halftime deletes Twitter/Facebook accts. - Page 10 - Jets Insider.com Forums

This loss definitely shook the fanbase. It's gotten so bad over there SAR I is threatening charges against another poster he claimed threatened him for bashing Fireman Ed.

I'm surprised that doesn't happen more often on JI, the lack of reading comprehension is mind boggling over there.

Strongly disagree there, Monsignor.

It is clear that both fans and team deserve to suffer, so Divine Justice is served.

What is puzzling is why there is no prospect of Redemption. Have they placed themselves beyond Divine Mercy?

With God, all things are possible, my son. They're just not all very likely :)

Was searching for a demotivational poster saying something like "Don't you people ever pray for anything easy?" or something like that, and found this...

yankees-suck-mlb-jesus-yankees-suck-red-sox-baseball-demotivational-poster-1235024816.jpg

Tantalizingly close to the perfect graphic for this conversation.

On the bright side, I also found this

the-jets-gangs-demotivational-poster-1269132753.jpg

With God, all things are possible, my son. They're just not all very likely :)

Thanks so much, Father!

Perhaps you could help with another moral dilemma.

I understand that it's sinful to laugh at the afflicted, like those people who used to pay money to visit the insane. But the other week I watched a Jets game when the Pats weren't playing. It was against Miami and the Jets were hilariously bad then too.

Can I justify my action because it wasn't my intention to laugh at the Jets (I wanted to see if Miami were any good -- they weren't)? Or must I do penance because my laughter was a foreseeable and inevitable consequence of my action?

Thanks in advance,

Mike (seeking absolution)

Last edited:
And while we're at it... I think we all know where this is ultimately going

kids_london_jets_tshirt.jpg

Thanks so much, Father!

I understand that it's sinful to laugh at the afflicted, like those people who used to pay money to visit the insane. But the other week I watched a Jets game when the Pats weren't playing. It was against Miami and the Jets were hilariously bad then too.

Can I justify my action because it wasn't my intention to laugh at the Jets (I wanted to see if Miami were any good -- they weren't)? Or must I do penance because my laughter was a foreseeable and inevitable consequence of my action?

Thanks in advance,

I believe it is written "Thou shall not laugh at the afflicted and the suffering, unless it's the Jets"

Thanks so much, Father!

Thanks in advance,

My son,

Your sin in not your of your own doing, yet is borne by you.

It is written that in the Garden of Eden, the Lord placed two trees, the Tree of Life, and the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Sucks. To make a long story short, God made for the man Adam a mate, and she ate from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Sucks. The sin you speak of is Original Sin, the curse of all the children of Eve, who all can see the JEST suck, and therefore, laugh at them. A lot.

So you see, your high-minded philosophical question only appears to involve predestiny and self-determination. It is, rather, the human condition that causes our sin to begin with, and the human condition that causes our compulsion to watch the JEST and therefore laugh.

Nevertheless, as you point out, it is in fact sinful to laugh at the JEST -- "lest man become as one of us," so saith the Lord.

Throw 3 hail marys, and 3 interceptions, that you may know the pain of the team that you mock.

(But they are funny, aren't they?)

Last edited:
For verily, it is written: let he who is without sin cast the first interception.

I thought this Rex Ryan comment was hilarious:

“I’ll say this about Bart Scott: during that game he did a tremendous job and did it in a lot of areas in that game,” Ryan said. “We should have played him more; he was getting after it.”

Read more: Rex Ryan still believes NY Jets can down New England Patriots despite falling in both meetings this season - NY Daily News

Yes, play an old, slow LB who talks a lot and never backs it up much more Rex. I think the guy has gone insane. He thinks Sanchez had agreat game, the Jets are as good as the Pats, and Bart Scott is so go that he should play more.

I know Shane Vereen wished he played more because Vereen may have had another 83 yard TD pass if Scott was covering him more.

For verily, it is written: let he who is without sin cast the first interception.

So are you suggesting that the Sanchize is the debil. or that Jesus is the only possible QB who could be successful on the Rats?

It might be a moot point as I don't think Jesus would associate with a team as sinful as the Rats, and would undoubtedly "pull an Eli" if He was drafted by them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick