PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2012 season: the Jets [Mod Edit: STILL] suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought a ton of popcorn. Will be sorely disappointed if the Rats manage to beat the Lambs.

I want to c Intersanchez picked off half a dozen times. I want to see Rex crying' after the game and saying in his post game comments that San-s-h-i-t will be the Rats starting QB forever :D

JI is going to do this to ol' Rexy: :bricks:

Let the meltdown begin!

Last edited:
Because going back 6 seasons matters in the NFL, right?:bricks:

I'm not sure why you jumped on the "6 seasons" thing, since it's pretty representational of the Rams. They're 3-5-1 this year and were 2-14 last year. They're on a 5-19-1 streak. They're 0-3-1 in their last 4 games.

This thread may not be for you.

Last edited:
I picked St louis in my 5 team parlay this week

right now, the top three threads at J.I. right now....seems like Timmuh is one hot topic for the Gang Of Green Goons...

Ready for Tebow. (Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
K-Met57

Today 09:18 PM

Cut Tebow (Multi-page thread 1 2)
Digetydog

Today 09:17 PM

Dear ESPN: Nobody Cares about Tim Tebow (Multi-page thread 1 2)
bjetsb

Today 09:11 PM

the sound of the Clash plays softly in the background...Should I Stay Or Should I Go....

Last edited:
Pansy Pansy 19 finally crawls out from under his hidey rock....

Old Today, 01:25 PM #9
Ray Ray19
Not a SOJF
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guck the Fiants View Post
Coaching, coaching, and yet more superb coaching. BB is the best ever. He loses assistants and coordinators and still keeps rolling with the talent he has to work with.

To quote Bum Phillips referring to Bear Bryant..."He can take his'n and beat your'n and take your'n and beat his'n." BB is that good too.

The Pats coaching and personnel dept has a bottom of the league defense

Tom Brady has the team at 6-3, and nothing else.

The era is coming to an end

well...there you have it...straight from the horse's *****....it's all coming to an end...and just in time too...coincides with "Sanchez ELITE!!!!!", "Ceiling UNLIMITED!!!","Brady in TWILIGHT!!!","Brady is just a system quarterback!!!", "Brady is the whole team!!!", "Gholston BEAST!!! Jets FOOLED the Pats into taking Mayo!!", "Coples BEAST!!!! Jets fool Pats again into taking Jones!!!","Jets will go 12-4 this season!!! Sanchez will throw 40 TD's!!!"

all is well again......

Gang Green Nation offers a peek into the crystal ball and gives us A Preview of the 2013 NY Jets.

A sample:
5. Seeking to create a truly open competition at QB, Rex announces that punter Robert Malone has been traded to the offense, in exchange for Vlad Ducasse, who Rex believes will make an excellent gunner on special teams. Further, Rex declares there will be an open competition for the starting QB job in training camp, and that Malone will enter camp #1 on the depth chart. Rex reasons that Malone is the only QB on the roster who actually advances the ball 40 yards before turning it over to the other team.

I ROFLed. :D

The thing that should be maddening for lots of rats fans is they have a young QB on the roster who showed the potential be be a contender in any real QB competition and they have gone to great lengths to avoid tapping him with a ten foot pole because of the politics of the situations the FO has placed them in. They made a foolish committment to Sanchez in order to force feed him to the team as the answer. And then they signed off on the ridiculous idea of adding Tebow to the already volitile mix knowing short of selling PSL's you can't use him to win short of all in rolling the dice as Denver did and knowing the reason they traded him to you is they realized you can't win with him as a starting QB because he can't actually play the position well enough to. All of which has left McElroy warming the bench. Hopefully he continues to be written off... If Sparano ends up the fall guy and Rex and Tanny get one more shot at fixing the offense via new coordinator he likely will be as Sanchez gets a shot at ruining another OC's chances of competing for career advancement.

In some ways as much as we enjoy watching the cluster**** that is the Ryan/Tannenbaum/Sanchez era JETS we may have to start rooting for a couple of more wins to ensure Woody can rationalize not actually pulling the plug on the whole enchilada... Since in the alternative there is always the one time blind squirrel possibility Woody would accidentally stumble onto a choice going forward that might improve them...

I'll be getting Jags-Texans where I am. I have to put rubber bands around my ankles to keep my socks from being blown off my feet due to that barn burner. :mad:

Don't forget to get out your Jags gear.

They do sell Jags gear don't they? :)

Pansy Pansy 19 finally crawls out from under his hidey rock....

Old Today, 01:25 PM #9
Ray Ray19
Not a SOJF
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guck the Fiants View Post
Coaching, coaching, and yet more superb coaching. BB is the best ever. He loses assistants and coordinators and still keeps rolling with the talent he has to work with.

To quote Bum Phillips referring to Bear Bryant..."He can take his'n and beat your'n and take your'n and beat his'n." BB is that good too.

The Pats coaching and personnel dept has a bottom of the league defense

Tom Brady has the team at 6-3, and nothing else.

The era is coming to an end

well...there you have it...straight from the horse's *****....it's all coming to an end...and just in time too...coincides with "Sanchez ELITE!!!!!", "Ceiling UNLIMITED!!!","Brady in TWILIGHT!!!","Brady is just a system quarterback!!!", "Brady is the whole team!!!", "Gholston BEAST!!! Jets FOOLED the Pats into taking Mayo!!", "Coples BEAST!!!! Jets fool Pats again into taking Jones!!!","Jets will go 12-4 this season!!! Sanchez will throw 40 TD's!!!"

all is well again......

So this delusional rodent lover thinks that the Pats are not a superior team even without Brady?

The Pats roster has superior talent than the Rats up and down the roster., The Pats have a very young team that is only going to get better; particularly on defense.

I see the comparison between the two teams as exemplified in this remark supposedly attributed to Winston Churchill when this woman chided him for being drunk at an engagement.

Churchill responded "Yes madam I am very very drunk, and you are very very ugly, but in the morning I shall be sober."

The very young, but talented Pats will be "sober" soon, while the Rats will still be the Rats.

Last edited:
Don't forget to get out your Jags gear.

They do sell Jags gear don't they? :)

Pretty much any jersey worn by a Rat player, outside of Revis and Mangold, can be considered JAG gear.

Gotta love the hubris of Rex playing the someone else really wanted me card, and his QB doing likewise... Real mark of insecurity. Meanwhile Tannenbaum is making an ass out of himself and seems to almost have a death by meida wish...

Sunday notes: Imagine this -- Rex vs. Jets - Jets Blog - ESPN New York

Here is an interesting thought from that article. The Rams came out better drafting Smith that the Jets did drafting Sanchez.
The Jets would have been better passing on the pick than taking Sanchez. They wouldn't have wasted 4 years, a boatload of cap room, and still be saddled with a 16 mill guaranteed next year. They could have had 4 years to find a real QB.
None of the above = better than Sanchez.

Here is an interesting thought from that article. The Rams came out better drafting Smith that the Jets did drafting Sanchez.
The Jets would have been better passing on the pick than taking Sanchez. They wouldn't have wasted 4 years, a boatload of cap room, and still be saddled with a 16 mill guaranteed next year. They could have had 4 years to find a real QB.
None of the above = better than Sanchez.

Well I see it as whoever took Sanchez in the draft, would be wanting to get rid of him ASAP.

As someone else mentioned in a different post, how the hell Sanchez was so high in the draft picks is a mystery.

He is sub-par with all of his skills and at best he should be the 3rd string QB for a team.

The thing that should be maddening for lots of rats fans is they have a young QB on the roster who showed the potential be be a contender in any real QB competition and they have gone to great lengths to avoid tapping him with a ten foot pole because of the politics of the situations the FO has placed them in. They made a foolish committment to Sanchez in order to force feed him to the team as the answer. And then they signed off on the ridiculous idea of adding Tebow to the already volitile mix knowing short of selling PSL's you can't use him to win short of all in rolling the dice as Denver did and knowing the reason they traded him to you is they realized you can't win with him as a starting QB because he can't actually play the position well enough to. All of which has left McElroy warming the bench. Hopefully he continues to be written off... If Sparano ends up the fall guy and Rex and Tanny get one more shot at fixing the offense via new coordinator he likely will be as Sanchez gets a shot at ruining another OC's chances of competing for career advancement.

In some ways as much as we enjoy watching the cluster**** that is the Ryan/Tannenbaum/Sanchez era JETS we may have to start rooting for a couple of more wins to ensure Woody can rationalize not actually pulling the plug on the whole enchilada... Since in the alternative there is always the one time blind squirrel possibility Woody would accidentally stumble onto a choice going forward that might improve them...

Good point. Here's hoping they make it to 7-9 and the entire Rats brain trust keeps their jobs. Hope the Ryan/Tannenbaum era lasts another decade.

Good point. Here's hoping they make it to 7-9 and the entire Rats brain trust keeps their jobs. Hope the Ryan/Tannenbaum era lasts another decade.

The Tannenbaum interview with Francesa was really an embarrassment--don't know if it was contractually obligated or not. Tannenbaum had his talking point of "we're 3-6, that's not good enough" and that's all he had to say. He was stammering like a kid in the principal's office. Awful.

My thoughts exactly. Reminds me of the Good Old Days of the early 2000s, when Hermie
was with the J-E-S-T, Wannstadt with the Doofins, and whoever was Buffalo's HC Du Jour.

The Tannenbaum interview with Francesa was really entertaining--don't know if it was contractually obligated or not. Tannenbaum had his talking point of "we're 3-6, that's not good enough" and that's all he had to say. He was stammering like a kid in the principal's office. Terrific!

Fixed your post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick