PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2012 season: the Jets [Mod Edit: STILL] suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are also stuck with Sanchez for at least one more season from a purely cap perspective with no way out since his dead cap will create a cap hit $4.3M greater than his projected $12.8M against the cap if he's jettisoned. Which is probably what keeps them from giving McElroy a shot...

I like to think that if I were an owner or a HC that I'd play the best player or in this case take a look at the furure, no matter the salary numbers.

The Rex Ryan Jets = The gift that keeps on giving.

That will really help their trade values, not that Scott had any anyways.

Tomlinson is like herpes; the gift that keeps on giving.

:rocker:

Hey, I just used the gift that keeps on giving line, although I was talking about the current team. GMTA

If by some miracle the Jets have us on the ropes again, we can rest comfortably in the reality that Mark Sanchez will still be out there doing his absolute best to figure out a way and hand us the game. Whether that means coughing up a fumble instead of putting the game away with a field goal or something like this which results in an interception.

Stephen-Hill-Jumping-Jacks.jpg

We got Tom and Mark on our side. And if they try to get cute and start Tebow, their own players will hurt him:D

Thanks for the laugh. Mark Sanchez showing his virtually unlimited ceiling. :rofl:

Jets Insider.com Forums - View Single Post - Can You Imagine This Place, if Sanchez is Benched for Thanksgiving...

'Only the Jets would put the team in a situation where their quarterback is ineffective and the back-up sucks so bad, they don't want to put him in.

Ban me for this bro but I agree with those Jet fans who say correctly that installing a new Teebs offense in just 3 days after the putative loss to the Lambs will take too long to start Tebow for Thanksgiving. I do think that Sanchez will be benched after the loss to NE.

jets will start sanchez the rest of the year. They are in complete denial

jets will start sanchez the rest of the year. They are in complete denial
I think the bigger problem is that the Jets don't have any other choice, barring injuries. They can't afford to cut Sanchez, nor can they afford to start Tebow. So their only other path is to start McElroy. But seeing as he's yet to have a snap this season, even in garbage time, they're probably not going to do the smart thing and give the kid a shot.

But this is anti-Patriots cap management at its finest. :D

I think the bigger problem is that the Jets don't have any other choice, barring injuries. They can't afford to cut Sanchez, nor can they afford to start Tebow. So their only other path is to start McElroy. But seeing as he's yet to have a snap this season, even in garbage time, they're probably not going to do the smart thing and give the kid a shot.

I'm not sure why they haven't given McElroy reps yet. He might be the best pure passer on that team.

:bricks:

Time for phantom injuries to strike so the Jets can make a change

if they cut sanchez..don't they lose a ton of $$. Anyone have his contract details?

if they cut sanchez..don't they lose a ton of $$. Anyone have his contract details?

They do but I'm not sure if it's so much the money as it is the salary cap hit they will take. I think that's the issue. But this isn't a place for serious discussions of Jets problems so maybe you could go ask this guy...

There's a reason why I'm sad. It's nothing to do with my love life, finances, or personal issues. I'm sad because I'm a Jets fan. As a Jets fan, every day is worse than the day before. So, every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.

Jets Insider.com Forums

...if you can pull him away from the whiskey bottle.

I almost - ALMOST - feel bad. But no, it's just pathetic and miserable. And there's nothing more satisfying than seeing miserable Jets fans.

Have any of you guys ever felt the sadistic nature these fans bring out of you? Should I be scared that I am enjoying this?

Sanchez has a $12.8M cap number if he's on the roster. If they cut him, the number is 17.2M, so they'll actually save money by not cutting him. How's Tanny the genius these days?

How great would it be to see a 50+ blow out in front of a national audience? :D

Even a shut out would be a lot of fun!

I wanna see Rex crying in public. I feel its gonna happen. Maybe not this week, but next week, or end of season when he's fired to protect Tannenbaum's job.

They do but I'm not sure if it's so much the money as it is the salary cap hit they will take. I think that's the issue. But this isn't a place for serious discussions of Jets problems so maybe you could go ask this guy...

...if you can pull him away from the whiskey bottle.

I almost - ALMOST - feel bad. But no, it's just pathetic and miserable. And there's nothing more satisfying than seeing miserable Jets fans.

Have any of you guys ever felt the sadistic nature these fans bring out of you? Should I be scared that I am enjoying this?

That post was a direct quote from Office Space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes