PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thanksgiving in Detroit 2010?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could not agree more. I dont' understand this, where the NFL is supposed to be so media- and marketing- savvy...

Thanksgiving is the one day where the NFL knows it has a captive audience and everyone, even casual fans and, really, non-fans, will have the game on. And every year, the games suck, in large part because one is in Detroit. I am 51 years old, and I can't ever remember Detroit having a team worth watching. This year, detroit in one game and the Raiders in the other...good thinking, NFL.
I guess you never watched football in the 90's because they used to have this guy named Barry Sanders who wasn't half bad. They even won a game or two when he played.

I believe Detroit and Dallas alternate AFC opponents every year (because CBS needs one game and they have the AFC). This year Dallas played Oakland. So next year I believe Detroit will play the AFC team.

Detroit's only home AFC teams next year will be the Patriots and the Jets. So there is at least a 50/50 shot the Pats will be playing on Thanksgiving next year in Detroit.

J D Sal

Either scenario... the Lion Scrubs will continue to lose on Turkey Day:).

The Jets also got the Thanksgivings day game most recently in 07 @ Dallas. Dallas crushed them 34-3.

Yeah, but remember the Pats played in Detroit on Thanksgiving two times in three years - in 2000 and 2002.

How much that weighs into the decision, however, I couldn't tell you.

I could see the jets going to DET next thanksgiving. Have it be Stafford vs Sanchez the two top qbs drafted this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe