PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thanksgiving in Detroit 2010?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could not agree more. I dont' understand this, where the NFL is supposed to be so media- and marketing- savvy...

Thanksgiving is the one day where the NFL knows it has a captive audience and everyone, even casual fans and, really, non-fans, will have the game on. And every year, the games suck, in large part because one is in Detroit. I am 51 years old, and I can't ever remember Detroit having a team worth watching. This year, detroit in one game and the Raiders in the other...good thinking, NFL.
I guess you never watched football in the 90's because they used to have this guy named Barry Sanders who wasn't half bad. They even won a game or two when he played.

I believe Detroit and Dallas alternate AFC opponents every year (because CBS needs one game and they have the AFC). This year Dallas played Oakland. So next year I believe Detroit will play the AFC team.

Detroit's only home AFC teams next year will be the Patriots and the Jets. So there is at least a 50/50 shot the Pats will be playing on Thanksgiving next year in Detroit.

J D Sal

Either scenario... the Lion Scrubs will continue to lose on Turkey Day:).

The Jets also got the Thanksgivings day game most recently in 07 @ Dallas. Dallas crushed them 34-3.

Yeah, but remember the Pats played in Detroit on Thanksgiving two times in three years - in 2000 and 2002.

How much that weighs into the decision, however, I couldn't tell you.

I could see the jets going to DET next thanksgiving. Have it be Stafford vs Sanchez the two top qbs drafted this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes