PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thanks LeGarrette Blount for the Good times

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure that the chart is correct. They don't have Blount's new contract up, so the Pats are currently at 5 lost, 3 gained, for a net of 2. So Long shouldn't be up there, but somehow he is. (The cancellation chart is correct.)
I think the first page is updated with Blount's contract but not the one that lists all of the Patriot's lost/gained players individually.

Good luck to Blount out in Philly! Glad he went there instead of other teams. (Giants i.e.)

On another note, the Eagles have had a damn good offseason. I think this will be a great move for them.

I think the first page is updated with Blount's contract but not the one that lists all of the Patriot's lost/gained players individually.

My understanding is that chart is generated automatically based on the information in their database; Blount's contract isn't in the database.

I'm not sure that the chart is correct. They don't have Blount's new contract up, so the Pats are currently at 5 lost, 3 gained, for a net of 2. So Long shouldn't be up there, but somehow he is. (The cancellation chart is correct.)

I think the chart is correct.

Prior to Blount's signing, Mingo cancelled out Guy, and Long cancelled out Burkhead - and Margus Hunt was worth the Mr. Irrelevant pick.

NOW, Blount cancels out Guy, Mingo cancels out Burkhead and Long becomes the Mr. Irrelevant pick, kicking Hunt out of the top 32.

Remember, though, these are merely the current educated guess projections. They're subject to change. For a player to count in the formula, he has to complete a certain amount of his contract, IIRC. E.g., if Long is cut at the end of Camp, he no longer counts as part of the formula for either team.

The guys at OverTheCap had speculated last week, right after Blount was tendered, that the Pats made the move more to protect their 4th and 5th round comps than to gain a 7th.

For instance, in the absence of a Blount signing, if Long was cut in Camp, and no longer part of the formula, the Pats would have actually lost only 4 free agents against 3 gained and would lose probably the fifth for Bennett.

Also, these projections are based on the total contract value, regardless of incentives. For instance, if Long plays and earns his entire $2.25M, but Blount fails to achieve many of his incentives and nets only $1.8M, then Blount drops out of the top 32 and the 7th for Long goes away.

The reason that comp picks aren't officially awarded until after the end of the season is so that actual earnings can be tallied.

Good luck LARGET BLUNT.

But I will not be surprised if he plays like a Jag and get cut at some point, BB usually is right the money on when to cut ties with a player.

I think of this tender as not "Good Bye" but rather as "Welcome back!" on BBs terms.

Good luck LARGET BLUNT.

But I will not be surprised if he plays like a Jag and get cut at some point, BB usually is right the money on when to cut ties with a player.

Kinda depends on how good the Eagles OL is. They've had Ryan Mathews (also 30 years old) for the last couple seasons. His YPA has been a good 4.6, total yds and TDs were 1200 and 14 over the two seasons. But now there's a rumor that they'll cut Mathews.

LG is a much bigger back and, even excluding 2016, has outproduced Mathews. OTOH, he was running behind the Pats OL.

I remember BB talking about how important the NUMBER of carries they have in a game is more important that the amount of yards accumulated. Having a decent balance in the number of carries in the run game helps make the passing offense go, regardless of how many yards are gotten.

Now of course the more yards the better, but consistently being able to convert on the GL and SY situations dependably is critical. LGB was a VERY dependable back for us in that dynamic. He certainly wasn't an explosive RB, but somehow it seemed he had his share of 20+yd runs.

The when he was needed the most (first 4 games), he played his best. He wasn't the same guy at the end, but perhaps his run to the GL in the playoffs against Pittsburgh should be considered his signature run for the Pats. It was a classic

Clearly the Pats were looking to go younger and more dynamic in their running game, and LBG took too long to resign. I can't blame him looking for more money, but the RB situation is what it is for 30 year old RB's.....even when your name is Adrian Peterson.

I hope he has a productive year in Philadelphia. He was a pretty good player, but was a better teammate. He will be missed more in the lockerroom this season than on the field I bet. Thanks for the memories LG

While Long and Mingo can both be considered bubble boys at the moment (500.000 guaranteed), LGB is likely to make the roster based on RB depth with Matthews projected to be cut, Sproles entering 34 at the start of the season, Smalwood returning from IR and two rookies including big gamble on Clement.

Reiss also suggests that besides increasing the odds of getting 4th and 5th comp picks, tender also made it more difficult for Baltimore to sign him risking losing a comp pick. While that would be great to believe it is somewhat doubtful since BAL 7th comp for Ducasse is extreme long shot.

Number of carries is intetesting, but when lg is getting 2 yards on first down, or tackled by a fingertouch while in the backfield (while running parallel to the los), i just don't see that working. In the sb, they ended up throwing every down.

After the sb, bb and brady were hugging and lb stuck his head in there "you the greatest and you the greatest!", tepeated it about 3 times. i can't help but think that annoyed bb. Not that that's why he's gone, i think all the 2 yard runs and the fumble in the sb did that.

I know each positional group has their own "clique," but the RBs have looked like more of a brotherhood the last handful of years.

Thanks for the heavy lifting, LG, and if you're ever back in Foxboro, you have to take a picture with the minutemen.

Good luck to Blount out in Philly! Glad he went there instead of other teams. (Giants i.e.)

On another note, the Eagles have had a damn good offseason. I think this will be a great move for them.

I live in the Lehigh Valley, north of Philly. The papers here are talking about "missing piece" and "Super Bowl". It's the same Eagles euphoria that lasts until Halloween and then it's wait until next year.

I love me some Blunt!

It's about time that Andy Reid got a between the tackles bruising running back...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents