PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Terrelle Pryor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those tests mean little. Randy Moss scored a 12 and he's a smart guy who picked up our offense with ease. If Pryor can be a succesful D1 QB, he should be smart enough to play WR for us. Dobson was barely used last night, why not try out a bigger faster player with a lot to prove.

So, because the Patriots went with a LOT of 3 and 4 TE sets, they should get rid of Dobson and sign Pryor.. Despite them going to be using more 3 and 4 TE sets this week against Buffalo..

Think about that for a bit.

Without Calvin Johnson route running, Calvin Johnson experience, Calvin Johnson hands ...
Wait, are you saying football players need football skills? Huh.

Let's be real. Who wold you rather have as a developmental prospect for this season, always inactive unless he learns to be a top special teamer: Pryor or Thornton?

Let's be real. Who wold you rather have as a developmental prospect for this season, always inactive unless he learns to be a top special teamer: Pryor or Thornton?
Pryor. Guy is just a freak talent. And threat of 3 QB's on any given play would be nice. He could be a rare gem like Edelman, just takes time.

From my view the Browns have no idea what the hell they are doing. There is so much disarray there.

Looks like the "Hooded One" is interested enough in his ability to take a look-see

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...elle-pryor-works-out-for-new-england-patriots

Agreed. This link talks about the Browns releasing him, and it doesn't sound like management is very functional over there. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...y-browns-latest-details-comments-and-reaction

Without Calvin Johnson route running, Calvin Johnson experience, Calvin Johnson hands ...

Yes, while none of us have any issue with Belichick taking a shot with a guy like Pryor, I don't understand why so many continue to pound the table over 40 yard dash times and height? Don't we cut tall, quick WRs all the time? I mean..I'm not trying to be sarcastic, but we've read the same exact measureables about guys like Price, Boyce, Jackson, Johnson--take your pick. I could've sworn that we've had these conversations dozens and dozens of times over the years, with many wasted draft picks and very little success.

I don't know any more than anyone else, but I'd have to guess that the ability to pick up the playbook would go an awfully long way towards contributing here, particularly since we see UDFA's and castoffs from other teams all the time. As a matter of fact, if you want to get right down to it, we should be looking for little 5'8" WRs who are slow, undrafted/late drafted, and have sometimes played a different position in high school/college. Those are the guys who have been successful here, not 6'4" WRs who run 4.38s ;)

Yes, while none of us have any issue with Belichick taking a shot with a guy like Pryor, I don't understand why so many continue to pound the table over 40 yard dash times and height? Don't we cut tall, quick WRs all the time? I mean..I'm not trying to be sarcastic, but we've read the same exact measureables about guys like Price, Boyce, Jackson, Johnson--take your pick. I could've sworn that we've had these conversations dozens and dozens of times over the years, with many wasted draft picks and very little success.

I don't know any more than anyone else, but I'd have to guess that the ability to pick up the playbook would go an awfully long way towards contributing here, particularly since we see UDFA's and castoffs from other teams all the time. As a matter of fact, if you want to get right down to it, we should be looking for little 5'8" WRs who are slow, undrafted/late drafted, and have sometimes played a different position in high school/college. Those are the guys who have been successful here, not 6'4" WRs who run 4.38s ;)

You're comparing Pryor to several 2nd/3rd round picks, who unlike Pryor have had a lot of production at the WR position (albeit in college). Those guys were pretty much assured roster spots for a season or two, by virtue of being a high pick. Some had some production while they were here, e.g. Johnson as a kick returner.

But I don't see Pryor-as-WR as the equivalent of a "free" high-ish pick, but more like a late-round one, and even that could be overstating it given that he missed the offseason.

The last QB to WR project worked out pretty well so given how bad BB is at drafting WR I'definitely give him a shot

You're comparing Pryor to several 2nd/3rd round picks, who unlike Pryor have had a lot of production at the WR position (albeit in college). Those guys were pretty much assured roster spots for a season or two, by virtue of being a high pick. Some had some production while they were here, e.g. Johnson as a kick returner.

But I don't see Pryor-as-WR as the equivalent of a "free" high-ish pick, but more like a late-round one, and even that could be overstating it given that he missed the offseason.

I'm not comparing Pryor to those guys at all. I'm stating that you can't see the whole picture by pointing out height and 40 yard dash times alone, while giving examples of WRs who we've all spoken highly of due to those measureables, yet have failed miserably.

We've seen some (arguable) HOF receivers fail to pick up the complexities of the offense here, so I think that ability gets highest priority.

As I've said before, I'm not even remotely convinced that Terrelle Pryor is an NFL WR, but if Bill Belichick sees something in him, who the hell am I to judge? At this point though, I am skeptical.

Last edited:

Well, we know Thorton isn't going to contribute anything on ST, but he would almost definitely have a much better chance at seeing the field due to injury. The learning curve for DT is obviously much less, and we all know that is putting it mildly.

Then again, perhaps Pryor could be used on a small number of plays here and there, and could simulate some of these QBs like Tyrod Taylor during practice when needed? The last part of that sentence would make the most sense, but then you have the "which 53rd player is more important" conundrum, as you've mentioned.

In BB we trust.

The last QB to WR project worked out pretty well so given how bad BB is at drafting WR I'definitely give him a shot

Technically, Isaiah Stanback came after Julian Edelman by a few months.. He didn't work out so well. And I thought there was another that didn't even make it out of Spring Practices.. But I can't remember.

Hakeem Nicks is still out there he might be dumb as brick though as regards to our Offense.

I wonder what Garrapolo got?
Was reported first as a 24 and later as a 29. From that draft class, it's not surprising that Cameron Fleming's 33 sticks out.

Trying to force our hand at more guaranteed money?
Or wasn't a fit once we kicked the tires on him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents