Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady_Moss

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Terrelle Pryor | FA
(September 10, 2015 4:31 PM EDT)
Browns waived WR Terrelle Pryor.
The Browns bent over backwards to keep Pryor on their 53-man roster after he missed essentially the entire summer with a hamstring injury, but have decided he's no longer worth the spot. Even with Pryor behind as he makes the transition from quarterback, it's a surprising decision. The Browns aren't going anywhere this season, and have zero "talent" at wideout. ESPN's Dianna Marie Russini reports Pryor was claimed by the Cowboys and Pats in addition to the Browns when he was waived by the Bengals in June. Perhaps one of those teams will take another chance now.
SOURCE:
PROFOOTBALLTALK ON TWITTER

Well, should we?...

He hasn't really trained much as a WR ... so I think absolutely it would be worth it due to his tremendous physical skills. He switched to WR 2 months ago after the Bengals released him. How many WR's would Bill put on the PS? with no 1 and 4 next year right now our only hope for a deep threat is Dobson.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...e-pryor-switching-to-wr-after-bengals-release
The Bengals were his last shot, as offensive coordinator Hue Jackson has been one of his biggest boosters. Jackson was head coach in Oakland when the Raiders selected Pryor in the 2011 Supplemental Draft.

At 6-foot-5 and 235 pounds with 4.40 wheels and rare athleticism, Pryor might be more suited to the "move" tight end role rather than wide receiver.

Last edited:
If he can come close to doing what Ohio State QB turned WR Braxton Miller did on Monday then I'm all for it.

Why should we be interest? Hmm, Julian Edelman?

Definately, at least to the practice squad. 6'4 1/2", 240 lb., 4.38 40. He's transitioning, but his experience as a QB could help with our complicated offense. He also has a chip on his shoulder.

Can he play center?

Does he have PS eligibility?

played 11 games in 2013

Good point. I just looked up the rules and it does not appear he would be eligible.

"A player is eligible if he does not have an accrued season of NFL experience. Players gain an accrued season by being on the active roster for at least six games.
If a player has one accrued season, they can still be practice squad eligible if they were on the 45-man active gameday roster for less than nine regular season games.
A player is deemed to have served a season on the practice squad if he remains on the practice squad for at least three weeks. Players are eligible to be on the practice squad for two seasons.
Players can be eligible for a third practice squad season if their team maintains no less than 53 players on the active/inactive list at all times"

That's tough. Why are the practice squad eligibility rules so strict? It seems like it hurts guys who deserve a chance such as Pryor.

Probably too late now to get him in the playbook.

He's a player you pick up in June not September. Just wait for Braxton Miller in the draft next year - have a feeling he could be a Patriot come May.

He's a player you pick up in June not September. Just wait for Braxton Miller in the draft next year - have a feeling he could be a Patriot come May.

I hope you are right. I see Miller excelling throughout the season (ALA Percy Harvin) and going higher than we will be picking.

We will be picking 32nd :)

Maybe they could sign him, and hide him on the shadow roster(injured reserve).. is that cheating??;);)

I hope you are right. I see Miller excelling throughout the season (ALA Percy Harvin) and going higher than we will be picking.

We will be picking 32nd :)

We won't I'm afraid. I'm worried he won't fall to 64 if he lights up CFB. However, he'll only have one years experience as a WR so fingers crossed.

Weird. Initial reports say he received a 7 on his Wonderlic which is 4th grade level then later a 22 which is decent.

Read a rumor that he was allowed to re-take it.

Weird. Initial reports say he received a 7 on his Wonderlic which is 4th grade level then later a 22 which is decent.

Read a rumor that he was allowed to re-take it.

We'll definitely sign him them. But only because we'll then get hit by the NFL for Wonderlic-gate :confused:

Pryor cleared waivers (unclaimed), he is now a FA & can sign with anyone.

I would definitely bring him in and see what he's got. If he looks real good, maybe hang onto him for a while and see if he can get acclimated somewhat to the offense by mid-year. Tim Wright was picked up right before the regular season last year and seemed to pick things up decently after a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back