PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ted Wells' Train Wreck Press conference :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
@MarkDanielsPJ
Wells keeps going back to McNally calling himself the deflator. "It is direct evidence."

Pats and Brady's lawyers are going to have a field day with that one.

LOL! He was calling himself the deflator because Brady wanted the balls deflated from 16 PSI (whichw as way over the limit) to 13 PSI (which was within the allowable range.)

Is this dumb motherf&cker for real? I refuse to believe this guy actually graduated high school. In fact, I'm going to need direct evidence of it.

So if Wells was an independent participant in the process, then none of his correspondence with the NFL should be covered by attorney-client privilege. Therefore, it will be very informative to see it all produced. Including his cell phone.

Wells: The Patriots were all over me from Day 1 about why the NFL did not warn them about a complaint and alleging that there was a sting.

So, Ted, what's the answer on that? You didn't look into it?

Here's what the piece of **** looks like for anyone that doesn't know:

wells_t_web.jpg
baghdad_bob_1.jpg

Mr Thinskin

LOL! He was calling himself the deflator because Brady wanted the balls deflated from 16 PSI (whichw as way over the limit) to 13 PSI (which was within the allowable range.)

Is this dumb motherf&cker for real? I refuse to believe this guy graduated high school.

If you want to be really depressed, recognize that is actually a really smart guy who is doing exactly what he was told. And that blatant chicanery like this goes unnoticed 99% of the time, because it concerns a subject that people care a whole lot less about than football.

Remember how Wells suggests that the increase in call volume between Brady and the other equipment guy after the AFCCG is somehow indicative of Brady's guilt.....well it's not like this press conference is in any way indicative of Wells guilt!!!

He's literally admitted to 2 legitimate reasons to sue the league in that conference call, he's an absolute moron.

No wonder the league moderator was trying to "hustle" it along via Shalize M.

Question. Wells is a lawyer. He is surround by lawyers. Why did they need a "league" moderator?

so the texts about "deflator" and "goign to espn" is what he is hanging his case on. please i want lawyers saying that is a weak argument.

This is 100% caught in a lie.
Below is directly from his own report:

Shortly after receiving Grigson‟s email, Gardi sent an email in response stating that Kensil would be at the game and would speak with the game officials about Grigson‟s concerns. Kensil forwarded Grigson‟s email without comment to James Daniel, Director of Game Operations at the NFL, who in turn forwarded it to other Game Operations personnel who would be at the game as an “FYI.” Kensil also forwarded Grigson‟s email to Dean Blandino and Alberto Riveron, both senior members of the NFL Officiating Department, with the message “see below.” Both Riveron and Blandino decided that they would raise the issue with Walt Anderson, who had been assigned as the referee for the game

Why did they raise the issue with the ref, if they didn't take it seriously.

This needs to get out there. Wells just outright lied to cover for the NFL while saying he was independent.

And also from the Wells report

Anderson‟s first formal responsibility with respect to the AFC Championship Game was a routine status call with Dean Blandino on Saturday afternoon. Both Anderson and Blandino recall that their primary topic of discussion was the unusual substitution issue that had arisen during the Patriots playoff game against the Ravens the prior weekend. Blandino also reported that during the call he mentioned that the Colts had raised certain concerns about playing at Gillette Stadium. Although Grigson‟s email was not the focus of the conversation, and may not have been specifically referenced, Blandino reminded Anderson to ensure that proper protocols concerning the footballs were followed.

If it wasn't taken seriously why is everyone alerting everyone.

Do we care what he says? Listen, the report speaks for itself. There's enough in there to question his independence, I couldn't care less what his justifications are. The way he phrases certain things indicates clear bias. The way he footnotes pertinent information or outright buries it in appendices without reference in his conclusions or the body of the report.

I really don't care how he tries to spin it, the report says everything.

I am shocked that Wells did this conference call.

He hurt himself and the league immeasurably by what he said today. Bad move. I'm frankly surprised.

The cheering you hear is coming from Foxboro today.

Why do I get the feeling that Teddy is shooting himself in his ass at the moment

Wells is coming apart. This performance is pretty surprising to say the least.

Mark Daniels @MarkDanielsPJ
Wells kept talking about McNally calling himself the deflator &saying he would go to ESPN. He didn't reference the 16psi balls in Jets game

Mike Reiss ✔ @MikeReiss
Fiery Ted Wells: "Discussion that [NFL] wanted to put some type of hit on most popular, iconic player...it's really a ridiculous allegation"

Mike Petraglia @Trags
Wells says the putting a PR hit on Brady doesn't make sense. Neither does filing 243 page report that doesn't prove any evidence of cheating

Mike Petraglia @Trags
For Wells to tell Yee to publish his notes is beyond amateurish. That's what Wells was paid to do!

Safe to say that Don Yee and the Patriots have gotten under Ted Wells skin.

Ben Volin ✔ @BenVolin
Wells said he used “more probable than not” because that’s the NFL’s standard. If he were on a jury, he would’ve checked, “guilty”

--this last one is remarkable and will be picked apart in the next few days. If he believed Brady is guilty, then why wouldn't he have written that in his report? Why would he equivocate with "more probable than not...at least Generally aware"??? Just because that is what the NFL's standard is?????

He is wobbling.

I hope someone like florio or national writer nail him on this.

NAH NAH NAH NAH

NAH NAH NAH NAH

HEY HEY HEY

GOOD BYE!

GOODELL IS DONNNNNNNNNNNNE

ted wells = miguel sanchez (lawyer from the simpsons)

Wells is coming apart. This performance is pretty surprising to say the least.

Wells kept talking about McNally calling himself the deflator &saying he would go to ESPN. He didn't reference the 16psi balls in Jets game

Mike Reiss ✔ @MikeReiss
Fiery Ted Wells: "Discussion that [NFL] wanted to put some type of hit on most popular, iconic player...it's really a ridiculous allegation"

Mike Petraglia @Trags
Wells says the putting a PR hit on Brady doesn't make sense. Neither does filing 243 page report that doesn't prove any evidence of cheating

Mike Petraglia @Trags
For Wells to tell Yee to publish his notes is beyond amateurish. That's what Wells was paid to do!

Safe to say that Don Yee and the Patriots have gotten under Ted Wells skin.

Ben Volin ✔ @BenVolin
Wells said he used “more probable than not” because that’s the NFL’s standard. If he were on a jury, he would’ve checked, “guilty”

--this last one is remarkable and will be picked apart in the next few days. If he believed Brady is guilty, then why wouldn't he have written that in his report? Why would he equivocate with "more probable than not...at least Generally aware"??? Just because that is what the NFL's standard is?????

He is wobbling.

No. If it's guilty it's guilty. It's the bare minimum used. Therefore, if it's the bare minimum used why was the punishment more for guilty?

Wobbling? He's scared. Goody probably said the Pats would be good children and take the spanking. Not this time and Wells is realizing he's screwed. The NFL hung him out to dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back