PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ted Wells' Train Wreck Press conference :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
YA_DUN_GOOFED_by_yadungoofedplz.jpg

At face value it might appear to be the case, however, this so much more about the after conversation and how much the media pursues it. If leading media outlets say "Wells defends character in fiery PC that enunciates the evidence of Brady's guilt", from a PR side Wells is good to go. However, if the media picks up on these glaring items to say 'ummm, WTf is going on here?" then you are correct.

As the Zen master said "we'll see".

Watch Florio's NBC site - - they are ripping Wells left and right.

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk · 38m38 minutes ago
Based on my Twitter timeline, it sounds like someone from Wells' camp is handling the questions about the two pressure gauges badly.

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk · 29m29 minutes ago
Deflategate investigators say it doesn't matter which gauge was used http://wp.me/p14QSB-9LQX

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk · 59m59 minutes ago
Anyone who thinks @SI_PeterKing is a shill for the NFL should be listening to him on PFT Live right now.

Another excerpt from the report courtesy of @AndyJohnson

Blandino also reported that during the call he mentioned that the Colts had raised certain concerns about playing at Gillette Stadium. Although Grigson‟s email was not the focus of the conversation, and may not have been specifically referenced, Blandino reminded Anderson to ensure that proper protocols concerning the footballs were followed.

Hopefully Wells will decide to do another conference call to clarify his comments :)

Wells is just not a bright guy. This is clearly evident to anyone with a brain at this point.

Goodell did a poor job of selecting someone to put out a hit on Brady. He could have chosen someone much better. Although good thing for us, and Brady, that he did not.

I'm more offended that my intelligence is being insulted at this point.

Next time Roger decides to put a hit out on the Patriots.....he really needs to call Bill and the coaching staff in to do all the game planning.

Even the Keystone Cops are laughing at this point.

No. If it's guilty it's guilty. It's the bare minimum used. Therefore, if it's the bare minimum used why was the punishment more for guilty?

Wobbling? He's scared. Goody probably said the Pats would be good children and take the spanking. Not this time and Wells is realizing he's screwed. The NFL hung him out to dry.

th

Pats beat Colts 87-27 in 2014.

Colts kept all of their footballs in a bag near a heater -- having no use of them, as far as the score shows. That would be the most logical thing to look into. Increasing air pressure during the game is a warning, as discovered by two teams in 2014.

Colts literally gave up after the NFL wised up at a half-time that a 75-year-old rule is impossible for outdoor teams.

The NFL did not address rumors on day one when they knew both team footballs were deflated below minimum, which would have taken the press from spreading rumors about this issue.

Best of all, neither the report and nobody ever talked about this "magic football" the Colts intercepted ever again. The only thing we know for sure about the "magic football" is that the Colts defenders who intercepted both of the balls that game made statements on video denying noticing anything different or thinking twice.

Here's what the piece of **** looks like for anyone that doesn't know:

wells_t_web.jpg
He looks like the bad guy in a Wes Anderson movie

Watch Florio's NBC site - - they are ripping Wells left and right.

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk · 38m38 minutes ago
Based on my Twitter timeline, it sounds like someone from Wells' camp is handling the questions about the two pressure gauges badly.

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk · 29m29 minutes ago
Deflategate investigators say it doesn't matter which gauge was used http://wp.me/p14QSB-9LQX

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk · 59m59 minutes ago
Anyone who thinks @SI_PeterKing is a shill for the NFL should be listening to him on PFT Live right now.

I am with ya and hope you're right. However, color me unimpressed with the media performance for many years and expect that not to change.

Yeah, nobody took it seriously. Just told the Officiating VPs, the officials, the Operations VPs and others in that department about the complaint before the game. But left out talking to New England about it.

It is obvious that they did not take this seriously if so Walt Anderson would have logged the PSI of all of the balls and maintained a better chain of custody, and after he found them should have replicated the PSI tests.. if they were really serious they would have measured all of the balls at half time including Indianapolis.

There is no documented baseline so how can a conclusion be made that they were deflated??
If nobody took it seriously then the league had no probable cause to initiate this charade.. .. if they took any of this seriously, nothing might have happened..

One might think that Wells should keep his mouth shut, particularly as litigation appears to be pending.. does anyone will think that the good word of Walt Anderson will stand up in any of the upcoming proceedings??? He will be allowed to rely on his memory or recollection??..

Hopefully Wells will decide to do another conference call to clarify his comments :)

I wish.

However after this train wreck today, we have a better chance of seeing Jimmy Hoffa before seeing Ted Wells before then end of summer.

According to the writers who were still on hold in the question queue, the handlers abruptly pulled the plug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST