PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tankathon

Enjoying ever loss so Bobby gets off his ass and makes real changes this off season.
These two things never really happened before.

Now they have. He can't be happy:

Which makes this the most interesting and anticipated offseason in Patriots history.
Absolutely agreed. Bill looks a dejected man.. he looks miserable, he has no answers, the defensive players Cleary are speaking out. In 2000 the little that I did watch of them that season.. defensive players got frustrated too. The roster control is solely Bills asked for it as his salary he's the highest paid GM/HC in the league.

His Pressers are getting briefer and briefer ended abruptly Today I heard. He should probably skip it Thursday night. The only way I'm watching is IF Malik plays. The NFL will lose money having the Patriots in prime Time they should be playing the rest of their games @3:00am on ESPN after hours.
Sad Ice Hockey GIF by NHL
ESPN is to generous I'd say We TV or YouTube is where the games should be played. Curran was spot on he said it's going to get worse and worse.. fortunately we will loose out and have the #1 pick. Malik should be playing at this point.

While is pains me to be rooting for the tank, it makes zero sense to hope they win, other than that's what good fans do.
Play To Win New York Jets GIF

However...

Picking 1-2-3 is certainly a much bigger deal than picking 10-15th. I really want to be excited about Williams/Harrison/Maye or whoever. But... until we know who's buying the groceries, it's really difficult to get really excited either way. We all know we could be trading back and picking an interior lineman. God knows they need line help. Offensively, it's a mess. There's holes all over. I could be talked into a king's ransom of picks for the right situation I think.

I know, I am all over the place. I am ready to move on and get the 2024 regime in place. Whoever it will be.

Cousins is the veteran that I believe makes the most sense. They aren't going to deviate from what they want to do offensively. Even though they need a more modern offense with an aggressive play calling. To be here, or not to be here for BB is the question. Looking at at ownership like David tepper, makes me appreciate more the ownership we have with the krafts. This season made it emphatically clear of when a organization like ours doesn't have the QB your a lottery team.
Cousins , Marvin Harrison Jr , Douglas, Bourne + Rhamondre sounds good to me.

ESPN is to generous I'd say We TV or YouTube is where the games should be played. Curran was spot on he said it's going to get worse and worse.. fortunately we will loose out and have the #1 pick. Malik should be playing at this point.
A miserable season but Draft Day should be fun as Long as he ain't here.

A miserable season but Draft Day should be fun as Long as he ain't here.
I'm thinking about it really... maybe it had to go down like this in order for ownership to have organizational changes.

Could be interesting. However Harrison is contemplating another season at OSU. Cousins would be intriguing, but I don't think he would be the guy as I wouldn't personally turn to a vet for our long term solution at QB. I could support getting the best LT in the draft, then moving back into the 1st round, if neccessary, and take a Bo Nix, Jayden Daniels level QB. Then spend the rest of the draft on offense. Sign a Higgins or whoever. keep as much of the defense in tact as possible. Get a speedy ILB (If Mapu doesn't project to be that guy).

And this team will be much improved. Assuming we have a decent game manager at QB that can steer the ship until the youngster is ready. Or they can go the vet route much like KC did with Alex Smith and try and find a QB in the first round in 2025, but can sit a year. And the new kid starts in 2026 and we get two years of the vet, which is more in line with your thought process. I just think investing a ton of money in Cousins might be a bit much.

Possibilities are intriguing.

Last edited:
I know we hate the idea but there’s a lot of teams looking for QBs and honestly you could probably trade the #2 pick for the #9-12 and get another first rounder next season. You could draft your OT and then take a QB in the second round, sign a FA QB and give the kid a year and next year you have two first round picks. Edge rusher, WR, another linemen and you have the makings of a legitimate offense

After watching the Bengals back up QB put on a clinic with a sub-par OL and great WRs, I am 100% convinced Bill is tanking. There's no other reason for the Pats to be this bad. It has to be on purpose. Even a blind squirrel gets a nut every once in a while, yet the Pats cannot find their way out of a wet paper bag.

Yes I know the OL sucks, the QB sucks, the WRs suck, the TE2 quit and the best RB got hurt. STILL, the level of ineptness has to be on purpose.

Man , this tanking side is more exciting and intriguing than i ever thought it could be lol even on this side of it so many games to keep an eye on down the stretch.

For sure. I definitely wouldn't wanna do this every year but it's a nice new experience for alot of patriots fans. It's definitely more exciting than being a middling team with no chance at a high pick or a SB run.

After watching the Bengals back up QB put on a clinic with a sub-par OL and great WRs, I am 100% convinced Bill is tanking. There's no other reason for the Pats to be this bad. It has to be on purpose. Even a blind squirrel gets a nut every once in a while, yet the Pats cannot find their way out of a wet paper bag.

Yes I know the OL sucks, the QB sucks, the WRs suck, the TE2 quit and the best RB got hurt. STILL, the level of ineptness has to be on purpose.
If he’s tanking under Krafts blessing he has to be coming back correct?
And if he is tanking he wouldn’t do it for a OL or WR has to be Maye and Willams.

And if he is tanking he wouldn’t do it for a OL or WR has to be Maye and Willams.

Should be coming back. And for those that think tanking is illegal; look at where Ross' team is and where Flores is. The only dirt bag that has come out looking better than Ross is Epstein's event coordinator.

I know we hate the idea but there’s a lot of teams looking for QBs and honestly you could probably trade the #2 pick for the #9-12 and get another first rounder next season. You could draft your OT and then take a QB in the second round, sign a FA QB and give the kid a year and next year you have two first round picks. Edge rusher, WR, another linemen and you have the makings of a legitimate offense

They better get a lot more than that to drop from 2 to 9-12.

The Dolphins acquired a 2021 first-round pick (12th overall), a 2022 first-round pick, a 2022 third-round pick and a 2023 first-round pick from San Francisco in exchange for a 2021 first-round pick (third overall).

I love Marvin Harrison Jr but we gotta trade back if another teams wants an QB and get one of the cold weather (Notre Dame, Penn State) OTs. Get a WR and QB later.

This guy gets it. I’m 100% with you.

I would think so, your theory could be right. I can see a scenario where he got to 300 wins, he gets them the high pick for for the top QB, whoever they deem that is, he has his succession in place and he rides off into the sunset. Williams, Maye, Daniels, McCarthy, whoever it is.

Yes, yes, I know... WHAT ABOUT SHULA? Everything the guy has stood for has been team first. It's a players game. Now, here at the end, it's about his personal record? I can see him being uncomfortable about that. I can see him being all Eff Shula too. I really think Halas was the one he respected and wanted to eclipse. I don't think it's black and white, I think there's layers to it.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back