PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tank Williams Q&A, 5/28

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher_Price

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Veteran defensive back Tank Williams spoke with the media at the end of today’s passing camp workout at Gillette Stadium. Here is a portion of his Q&A with the media.On how it’s gone so far with the Patriots…It’s gone pretty well. It’s all a process when you switch to a new team. You’re trying to [...]

More...

I like safeties who use the word "nuances" in casual conversation.

Sometimes I forget about the signings for the Pats this offseason. In particular, Tank Williams was really good in Tennessee before he caught the injury bug. He's not the best in pass coverage but he's got great straight line speed and can lay some good licks on RB's and WR's. If he can stay healthy and beat out some guys for playing time, this could be a really good signing. I'm also rooting for Hobson to make a name for himself at inside LB.

Last edited:
I thought it was a good question & answer session. His answers were pretty straight forward.

Using the passing camp to get extra time to adjust... if you work hard and learn all the little details you will perform better on the field and get more playing time... doesn't make any presumptions about his role... trying to get to the point that there is no dropoff between when the existing vets on the team are in there and when he is.

It will be interesting to see how he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News