Tanguay with Indy Star's Greg Doyel on the ineligible formation

Status
Not open for further replies.

rochrist

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
So Tanguay had this guy from Indy on, Greg Doyle, who loudly proclaims that the formation play the Pats used was absolutely cheating, even though it was legal, but it was still cheating, and you'll see next year it will be illegal, and it's because BB is just a dirty rotten cheater. Who's arrogant.

Of course it doesn't help that Nitwit Shaugnessy keeps tweeting 'There's no possible way the Colts win this weekend! None! March of the Tomato Cans!'

Bob Kravitz from the IndyStar was a 1000 times better columnist than that nitwit.

Last edited:
So Tanguay had this guy from Indy on, Greg Doyle, who loudly proclaims that the formation play the Pats used was absolutely cheating, even though it was legal, but it was still cheating, and you'll see next year it will be illegal, and it's because BB is just a dirty rotten cheater. Who's arrogant.

Of course it doesn't help that Nitwit Shaugnessy keeps tweeting 'There's no possible way the Colts win this weekend! None! March of the Tomato Cans!'
Yeah, I just caught the end of it. Dialogue between Tanguay and Doyle in which Shaughnessy's name comes up. The 3 Doucheketeers...

Cool. Let's use it against everybody so they get nice and mad.

I've reached the point where instead of defending the team, I just want them to piss everybody off as much as possible.

I hope we start running these formations all the way to Arizona, with Patriot garbed cameramen all over the place, riding around on a snowplow that's blaring "I don't want to lose your love tonight."

Love him or hate him, Jerry Thornton had a nice response to Doyel earlier today.

(Side note: weei.com site has a bit of a glitch in it: there's no place to click for 'older posts' right now, which means if you didn't see this earlier, too bad for you.)

Thornography >> Indy sports columnist says Tom Brady is good, but Bill Belichick is evil

Wow. All I can say is wow. And I thought Boston had some lazy, untalented, trolling hacks. If this is what passes for a sports column in Indianapolis, I owe some writers in this town an apology handwritten in cursive and maybe a nice Edible Arrangement or something because this guy makes Dan Shaughnessy read like David Halberstam.

Now as far as Bill Belichick being history’s greatest monster, things like running up the score and the obligatory Spygate reference (which was actually in Week 1 of the 2007 season, but I get how when you’re trolling, some stories are just too good to look up), those are some strong words coming from a writer who covers a team that was caught piping crowd noise over their dome’s PA system, who’s team owner was caught driving trashed out of his gourd on booze and pills with $29-grand in cash on him, and who tanked a season in order to get the number one draft pick. And who, by the way, lives in a community that covered up for Marvin Harrison when he was involved in the shooting of multiple people including a child.

And did I mention Colts’ linebacker Josh McNary got charged with rape Wednesday? I didn’t? Well never mind. Let’s focus on the important things like the Patriots scoring too many points for Doyel’s liking seven years ago.

At least this steaming pile of click-bait does one thing. It makes the Boston sports media look better than I ever thought possible.​

I'm sorry, but since when is running a new formation going against the spirit of the rules?

http://www.profootballhof.com/history/decades/1960s/shotgun.aspx

Can I suppose in 1960 when the 49'ers used the first shotgun formation to beat the Baltimore Colts (mild irony) that there were whiny accusations of cheating then too?

Last edited:
Love him or hate him, Jerry Thornton had a nice response to Doyel earlier today.

(Side note: weei.com site has a bit of a glitch in it: there's no place to click for 'older posts' right now, which means if you didn't see this earlier, too bad for you.)

Thornography >> Indy sports columnist says Tom Brady is good, but Bill Belichick is evil

Wow. All I can say is wow. And I thought Boston had some lazy, untalented, trolling hacks. If this is what passes for a sports column in Indianapolis, I owe some writers in this town an apology handwritten in cursive and maybe a nice Edible Arrangement or something because this guy makes Dan Shaughnessy read like David Halberstam.

Now as far as Bill Belichick being history’s greatest monster, things like running up the score and the obligatory Spygate reference (which was actually in Week 1 of the 2007 season, but I get how when you’re trolling, some stories are just too good to look up), those are some strong words coming from a writer who covers a team that was caught piping crowd noise over their dome’s PA system, who’s team owner was caught driving trashed out of his gourd on booze and pills with $29-grand in cash on him, and who tanked a season in order to get the number one draft pick. And who, by the way, lives in a community that covered up for Marvin Harrison when he was involved in the shooting of multiple people including a child.

And did I mention Colts’ linebacker Josh McNary got charged with rape Wednesday? I didn’t? Well never mind. Let’s focus on the important things like the Patriots scoring too many points for Doyel’s liking seven years ago.

At least this steaming pile of click-bait does one thing. It makes the Boston sports media look better than I ever thought possible.​

^^^^^^^ This ^^^^^^^

Absolute gem of a response on so many levels. :cool:

Three thumbs up.

Well Thorton saved me a lot of time. Nice find.

I'm sorry, but since when is running a new formation illegal?

http://www.profootballhof.com/history/decades/1960s/shotgun.aspx

Can I suppose in 1960 when the 49'ers used the first shotgun formation to beat the Baltimore Colts (mild irony) that there were accusations of cheating then too?

Especcially since it isn't new. Alabama's been running it under Saban, who also used it when he coached LSU. Absolutely legal formation in both College and the NFL rule books.

That guy from Indy sounded like a dumb halfbred hick

I hope we start running these formations all the way to Arizona, with Patriot garbed cameramen all over the place, riding around on a snowplow that's blaring "I don't want to lose your love tonight."

As long as they wear the lime-green vest they are good.

Especcially since it isn't new. Alabama's been running it under Saban, who also used it when he coached LSU. Absolutely legal formation in both College and the NFL rule books.

The Detroit Lions actually ran the play earlier this season but of course them being the Lions it didn't work at all so nothing was said. But Pats do it and it worked so better make a big deal about it.

Greg Doyle comes to this market a few times a year to troll Patriots fans. He was on early in the season on the Adam Jones show and all he did was trash the Patriots from top to bottom.

Greg Doyle comes to this market a few times a year to troll Patriots fans. He was on early in the season on the Adam Jones show and all he did was trash the Patriots from top to bottom.
He sounded like a troll, he predicts the NFL will change the rules after what the Pats did, what a joke.

G Doyel has proven that he wasn't just terrible at college basketball analysis, he's also bad at pro football.

As for Tanguay, we're not going to have him to kick around in the near future:

With Gresh’s departure, the Sports Hub will also shake up its Patriots pregame and postgame programming next year. Gary Tanguay, who briefly preceded Gresh as Zolak’s midday co-host when the Sports Hub launched in August 2009, also is not expected to return.

Last edited:
Doyle is a hick..really easy to tell and not too smart

G Doyel has proven that he wasn't just terrible at college basketball analysis, he's also bad at pro football.

As for Tanguay, we're not going to have him to kick around in the near future:
Gresh is leaving?

cow pie swillin' , inbred hickaloids are the predominant species of subhuman in and around Indianapolis.

Gresh is leaving?

Caught me by surprise, too...

Marc Bertrand, the third voice on the ratings-dominant Felger and Massarotti show, is expected to join Zolak as a co-host sometime in the middle of February. However, his contract with the midday show is not official.

The frontrunner to replace Betrand as Michael Felger and Tony Massarotti’s cohort afternoon drive is believed to be Rich Keefe, who is currently with the evening Adam Jones Show.

http://www.boston.com/sports/touchi...resh_to_leave_the_sports_hub_after_super.html

I wasn't fan of Gresh, but this has the makings of a downgrade. No offense to Bertrand, but Gresh and Zolak did have a comfortable chemistry that the station is now screwing with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back