PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tanguay with Indy Star's Greg Doyel on the ineligible formation

Status
Not open for further replies.
ignore the noise, who cares what other people say... people are gonna hate as long as the Patriots keep winning-
on the illegal formation... If it was so illegal, than why were the Patriots never flagged? interesting-
(its because that is a perfectly legal play) no deception at all

Nice article though, gets Patriots nation fired up!

Tanguay could have easily let this guy collapse on the weak branch he perched himself upon.

But he lost his poise, went ballistic and bailed the idiot out.

Those who can't do, go into the media business.

I really don't understand this "It's against the spirit of the rules" claim, especially from a Colts perspective. Doesn't that apply to every trick play run by every team?

I know Doyel started working for the Indy Star recently, but does everyone there forget that Polian used his influence on the competition committee to change how the game was officiated to benefit his team. How does that fit with the spirit of the rules and playing the game honorably?

Embrace the Hate for it Born of Envy and Ultimately a Sign of Respect...... This used to be my sig after spy gate first broke

15108135.jpg

All they did was put a RB in for a lineman, to make it illegal they would have to make some sort of rule that lineman must be over 250 pounds, or that they must engage a blocker. I really don't see how they could make this illegal without wreaking havoc on football.

Dumbest controversy ever.

I'm in the minority here but I don't care about spygate or any of this pushing the envelop crap. Ya we taped your signals now gfy. I hope Bill is still taping signals, just don't get caught. Spygate only sucked because we lost a first round draft pick, not because jealous fans/media hold it against us. Think Bill is the only coach to ever bend or break a rule? If your not cheating, your not trying hard enough. Suck our 3 banners Doyle.

I'm in the minority here but I don't care about spygate or any of this pushing the envelop crap. Ya we taped your signals now gfy. I hope Bill is still taping signals, just don't get caught. Spygate only sucked because we lost a first round draft pick, not because jealous fans/media hold it against us. Think Bill is the only coach to ever bend or break a rule? If your not cheating, your not trying hard enough. Suck our 3 banners Doyle.

I'm going to disagree on this one, but I'll end it there

Our Bucko Kilroy was a great player way back. Nails it here.

'Kilroy has a simple response for those opposing players, and media members, who described him as a dirty football player.

"That is the reply of losers," he said. "The losers will never admit that the Eagles were just the more physical team, or that the Eagles just wanted it more. The losers will not state, 'Wow! The Eagles physically blew us off the line of scrimmage running Van Buren down our throats!' The losing teams always had an excuse stating the Eagles were a dirty football team.'

Love him or hate him, Jerry Thornton had a nice response to Doyel earlier today.

(Side note: weei.com site has a bit of a glitch in it: there's no place to click for 'older posts' right now, which means if you didn't see this earlier, too bad for you.)

Thornography >> Indy sports columnist says Tom Brady is good, but Bill Belichick is evil

Wow. All I can say is wow. And I thought Boston had some lazy, untalented, trolling hacks. If this is what passes for a sports column in Indianapolis, I owe some writers in this town an apology handwritten in cursive and maybe a nice Edible Arrangement or something because this guy makes Dan Shaughnessy read like David Halberstam.

Now as far as Bill Belichick being history’s greatest monster, things like running up the score and the obligatory Spygate reference (which was actually in Week 1 of the 2007 season, but I get how when you’re trolling, some stories are just too good to look up), those are some strong words coming from a writer who covers a team that was caught piping crowd noise over their dome’s PA system, who’s team owner was caught driving trashed out of his gourd on booze and pills with $29-grand in cash on him, and who tanked a season in order to get the number one draft pick. And who, by the way, lives in a community that covered up for Marvin Harrison when he was involved in the shooting of multiple people including a child.

And did I mention Colts’ linebacker Josh McNary got charged with rape Wednesday? I didn’t? Well never mind. Let’s focus on the important things like the Patriots scoring too many points for Doyel’s liking seven years ago.

At least this steaming pile of click-bait does one thing. It makes the Boston sports media look better than I ever thought possible.​
:D WOW!!! Now that is an awesome response. Kudos to Jerry.
Hoping Doyal was sent this a couple of hundred times by now. Idiot!!

The Detroit Lions actually ran the play earlier this season but of course them being the Lions it didn't work at all so nothing was said. But Pats do it and it worked so better make a big deal about it.

It was also in a video game for NCAA football. It was not esoteric.

This Doyel character seems psychologically unstrung. Seriously, for the sake of public safety tomorrow, I hope security pats him down:

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/2015/01/17/doyel-arrogant-new-england-is-dismissing-colts-chance/21916017/

What a pointless article. Put your reputation where your mouth is and pick the colts than. He didn't even pick the colts after all that rambling. Look at these articles where Dan Shaunessy was right! I want my 3 minutes back.

We really need to win another SB to shut the spygate people up. I'll be angry if those people forever get to have that "0 SBs since spygate" line.

I don't understand why that line bothers people so much. We had three Lombardis in our pocket for the three years before 2007, when Goody the Jet made filming from the wrong place some sort of violation.

I've always enjoyed the whining, especially from the Raiders and their fans. Marshal Faulk's yearly SB whine is also a can't miss, long running classic.

Even if the Pats win I think the whiners will come up with something else anyway.

Feel the warmth from their misery. It's like sunbathing in hate.

The Patriots are favored by about seven.

Colt fans predict about a touchdown less than that, i.e. "a tossup".

50 or so Pats fans predict about a touchdown more than the Vegas line in their picks.

Yet according to Doyel, that proves all New England fans are "haughty and arrogant"?

Seems to me that instead the very small sample sizes are instead simply somewhat optimistic, as one would expect fans of their respective teams to be before a big game.

The Patriots are favored by about seven.

Colt fans predict about a touchdown less than that, i.e. "a tossup".

50 or so Pats fans predict about a touchdown more than the Vegas line in their picks.

Yet according to Doyel, that proves all New England fans are "haughty and arrogant"?

Seems to me that instead the very small sample sizes are instead simply somewhat optimistic, as one would expect fans of their respective teams to be before a big game.

What's funniest is that the average score predicted by the 50 or so Pats fans is CLOSER than the average score of the last 3 games.

This Doyel idiot doesn't quite get that.

Oh well, I hope he enjoys his moments getting attention in a major media market

After tomorrow night, he's back to Palookaville.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back