PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tallying up the casualties....

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannydyn

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
As good as we are, we could be so much better if not all these injuries. And although this argument can be said for any club in the league, I think no other team has sustain that many causalities, at this level of play. Sure, every team goes through its share of injuries, but I don’t think there is any other team that has had as many important playmakers go down. Like many here, I feel like we’ve been cursed, but at the same token, we somehow keep on pulling ‘W’s. So I don’t know how that curse suppose to work… :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, those donkeys are just steamrolling, and remain healthy :rolleyes:

Let’s tally them up, shall we?

Notables

• Gronk – comeback next week? Oh, who am I kidding…
  • Amendola – currently on planet Saturn…. I’m no doctor, but judging from that blow he took, He’ll be seeing stars and birds for a few weeks.
  • Talib – probably out a few weeks, though Ray Rice had the same ‘type’ of injury (hip flexor) and played the following week.
  • Connolly – same as Amendola, though I believe on a much lower scale. Maybe a week or 2, I’d imagine
  • Wilfork – see you (hopefully) in 2014
  • Kelly – still in the air, could be back next week? No word on the severity of his injury, though he didn’t practice at all.
  • Vareen – out till week 11
  • Mayo – (?)

Other (worth mentioning)

• Leon Washington - FAIL

At this rate, soon enough Brady will be playing with the practice squad… SMH

Between the injuries and dropped passes I'm overjoyed with 5-1.

Between the injuries and dropped passes I'm overjoyed with 5-1.

No doubt about it, but injuries like that will not get us too far in the playoffs.

Hopefully we can get healthy for the 2nd half of the seaosn (or aafter bye week).

do we even have enough to make the full "active" game day squad for next week (assuming Talib is out and Mayo and Amendola most definitely seemed ruled out for now).

Talib. mayo and Kelly the team need back, danny I just pray he is ok and Gronk I really don't care when he can come back he will

I want Talib back before all else. I also really want the bye week.....it's coming up and could be a great chance for some recovery.

The most important thing is being healthy at the right time. If we can get lucky later on and have everyone minus Vince healthy for the playoffs it'd be more important than getting a higher playoff seed. That's no guarantee obviously but if we avoid the IR's that means we are putting ourselves in position for that. Chances are we'll still have some guys hurt but hopefully Talib/Mayo/Gronk and the other crucial players are healthy then.

I want Talib to take the next month off. He came back too early in the playoffs with a hip flexor and reinjured it.

As for Gronk, his team is full of wounded people. He knows best about his health, but with walking wounded everywhere (and with players getting hurt late in a game that should have been put away much earlier *MAYO*), he needs to get out there or consider shutting down his season. His arm isn't going to miraculously heal in the next few weeks if it hasn't already after many months.

I am optimistic about Kelly. A knee sprain typically means you're back in 3 weeks or so (remember Mayo and Bruschi had'em).

Amendola will not be back this week. Needs a couple more to overcome that.

For me, Vereen is a huge key to the season. Think of all those Brady dump passes in a fast guy's hands. Brady is being blitzed this year, and he needs an outlet. Hooman provided that outlet, but he is slow as molasses. Need Vereen back pretty badly.

And more Ridley please. I groan every time I see Legarette Blount back there.

The most important thing is being healthy at the right time. If we can get lucky later on and have everyone minus Vince healthy for the playoffs it'd be more important than getting a higher playoff seed. That's no guarantee obviously but if we avoid the IR's that means we are putting ourselves in position for that. Chances are we'll still have some guys hurt but hopefully Talib/Mayo/Gronk and the other crucial players are healthy then.
Injuries are so random. We got through training camp and preseason pretty clean but as soon as the regular season started we have been like a walking MASH camp.

Injuries are so random. We got through training camp and preseason pretty clean but as soon as the regular season started we have been like a walking MASH camp.

Those were exactly my thoughts earlier in the season... other teams seem to suffer injuries during training camp and the pre-season, and I was being thankful, the Pats remained healthy. But then, as soon as week 1 came, it all went downhill from there, starting with Amendola tearing his nut sack.

theres really no telling in how long these guys will be out, if any time at all..

good news is, no negative word this morning on any of them...when Wilfork was injured we heard the next morning that he was done for the season. So, no news is good news thus far

I want Talib to take the next month off. He came back too early in the playoffs with a hip flexor and reinjured it.

As for Gronk, his team is full of wounded people. He knows best about his health, but with walking wounded everywhere (and with players getting hurt late in a game that should have been put away much earlier *MAYO*), he needs to get out there or consider shutting down his season. His arm isn't going to miraculously heal in the next few weeks if it hasn't already after many months.

I am optimistic about Kelly. A knee sprain typically means you're back in 3 weeks or so (remember Mayo and Bruschi had'em).

Amendola will not be back this week. Needs a couple more to overcome that.

For me, Vereen is a huge key to the season. Think of all those Brady dump passes in a fast guy's hands. Brady is being blitzed this year, and he needs an outlet. Hooman provided that outlet, but he is slow as molasses. Need Vereen back pretty badly.

And more Ridley please. I groan every time I see Legarette Blount back there.

The defense must breathe a sigh of relief (or scream an exclamation of excitement) every time Blount trots on the field. He stinks.

I'll be surprised if any of the wounded see the field this week.

The defense must breathe a sigh of relief (or scream an exclamation of excitement) every time Blount trots on the field. He stinks.

I'll be surprised if any of the wounded see the field this week.

My fellow (Jets fans) co-workers are already ‘smelling’ a Jets win next week…. :)

Talib is easily the one that I'm most worried about. Hip injuries are nothing to mess with, especially when it's a chronic issue. McCourty and Ryan did a good job of limiting the damage from his absence yesterday, but without a doubt the defense goes down a rank or two without him. In my eyes, the five most important players to this defense are Wilfork, Talib, McCourty, Mayo, and Jones, so obviously the prospect of being down 3 of those 5 for potentially multiple weeks is troubling.

I think it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that Talib will miss this next game, since if there was ever a team who you could afford to sit your top corner against, it's the Jets. Their #1 WR would be a #3 on most teams anyway.

I think it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that Talib will miss this next game, since if there was ever a team who you could afford to sit your top corner against, it's the Jets. Their #1 WR would be a #3 on most teams anyway.

Kerley, Holmes, and Hill can each be very dangerous receivers--and often enough have big games. Besides, we know how this game goes... you can beat the Saints one week and then lose to Jacksonville the next--or the Jets, a better team. (houston was stomped on by st, louis yesterday)

Kerley, Holmes, and Hill can each be very dangerous receivers--and often enough have big games. Besides, we know how this game goes... you can beat the Saints one week and then lose to Jacksonville the next--or the Jets, a better team. (houston was stomped on by st, louis yesterday)

:confused:

Hill's numbers this season:

6 for 39
4 for 86
3 for 108
0 for 0
2 for 21
3 for 46

I love his potential, but let's not get crazy here. As for Kerley, he's got 16 catches all year, and he hasn't hit the 70 yards mark once.

The Broncos lost their starting Left Tackle for the year. I'd rather have a bunch of guys miss a few weeks than that.

The Broncos lost their starting Left Tackle for the year. I'd rather have a bunch of guys miss a few weeks than that.

Hasn't seem to affect them one bit thus far...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes