PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Talib on P.Manning vs Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so happy they didn't keep Talib..becasue that would have meant no playoffs for him again and no Revis...getting Revis instead of him is awesome

You barely have time to check on your own team's site and you have almost 14,000 posts lol?

In 6 or 7 years? Lol...

Yeah, that breaks down to a handful of posts per day--maybe 5-10 per day. Many which were made during the gameday threads.

Last edited:
I am so happy they didn't keep Talib..becasue that would have meant no playoffs for him again and no Revis...getting Revis instead of him is awesome

It worked out perfectly.

It was a bit of a gamble, and we'd all have been fine with Talib coming back for 7-8 million dollars per year.

Revis, Browner, etc makes it a whole new ballgame for the secondary.

I quickly corrected myself, was polite to you, and even apologized for my mistake of quickly thinking off the top of my head that it was "one" when it was actually "two."

Obviously you have no class and are just trying to troll here. Take care.

Uh huh.

"What seasons did Tom Brady go one and done more than once?
2010 is all I can come up with."

Uh huh.

"What seasons did Tom Brady go one and done more than once?
2010 is all I can come up with."

I'm more than done with you, buddy.

In case you didn't know, there's a feature here called "edit," and within 30 secs I quickly admitted this it was twice, not once.

Enjoy your time here at patsfans.com! I'm sure it will be quite limited.

Yeah, and if Aqib had signed with Denver first then left for the Patriots, I wonder what he'd say? He must have missed those Brady games where someone on the D dissed Brady and paid for it later. Whatever. Bring on the season and we'll solve it on the field...

I'm more than done with you, buddy.

In case you didn't know, there's a feature here called "edit," and within 30 secs I quickly admitted this it was twice, not once.

Enjoy your time here at patsfans.com! I'm sure it will be quite limited.

you "admitted" it because I pointed out you were wrong.

Like I said, like most Pats fans, you have quite the memory.

Revis, Browner, etc makes it a whole new ballgame for the secondary.

They still may have gotten Browner..but not Revis. Having both of them over Revis? Hell ya

What I did was speak outloud off the top of my head, thinking it was only once. When I went through each and every year I quickly realized it was two.

Honestly, who the hell really cares anyway? I'm not really sure what difference it makes? I admitted that I was incorrect and actually even attempted to talk reasonably with you.

Fans like you give a bad name to your fanbase, which is generally a good group of people.

I've wondered before if Talib took himself out of the game to protect the "big contract" he was going to get at the end of the year.

Funny you bring that up, because I wondered it both years. Talib was always a "me first" type of player, that was obvious since day one. I truly believed that he had turned the corner a bit with the positive team environment and relationship that was developing with Belichick, but obviously I was wrong.

Would you like a prize for being so awesome?

You are correct. He was terrible in the SB, but 55 TD's to 10 picks, 342 YPG and a 115.1 Rating is hard to argue against. I can't wait for him to come to Foxboro again for obviously the biggest game of the regular season in the entire NFL.

Throw stats out the window for Nov. 2. We again get to witness the 2 greatest QB's to ever play. I'm old school and can pay homage from Otto Graham to Unitas to Staubach to Bradshaw to Montana et al. In this QB ruled era these are the 2 best. No question.

I relish this game first week of Nov. and am confident we see them again the last week of January. This is what football, and sports, are all about. I love to hate Peyton as much as any NE fan, but it's only because he's so good. Bring it. Our guys clock is ticking to.

Sox-Yanks, B's-Canadiens, Celtics-suck right now, yeah. Give me Broncos-Pats @ Foxboro. Look around the entire sports world. This game is circled on every calender. If it's not have the nurses aid check your pulse.

Did you ever notice how Peyton apologists, like you, always bring out regular season stats? Ever wonder about the playoff stats and why pro-football reference makes it so hard to find? (Bottom of splits page. 23 game sample - more than a season.

Did you ever notice how Peyton apologists, like you, always bring out regular season stats? Ever wonder about the playoff stats and why pro-football reference makes it so hard to find? (Bottom of splits page. 23 game sample - more than a season.
I'm no more of a Peyton apologist than I am for Brees or Rogers really. Did you read the part where I said "I hate Peyton as much as any NE fan", or did you just see #'s and gloss over what I actually wrote?

The point was I'm looking forward to the Nov. 2 showdown with our biggest rival and the subsequent AFCCG that will almost inevitably follow. Are you not?

I'm no more of a Peyton apologist than I am for Brees or Rogers really. Did you read the part where I said "I hate Peyton as much as any NE fan", or did you just see #'s and gloss over what I actually wrote?

The point was I'm looking forward to the Nov. 2 showdown with our biggest rival and the subsequent AFCCG that will almost inevitably follow. Are you not?
1) I apologize... sort of.:)
2) Why do you assume any New England fan hates Peyton? Get a clue. We hate idiots who insist he's the best thing since sliced bread. (Feel like you are in that category, along with E!SPN and NFL.com? I can not help your feelings.)
3) "Our" biggest rival is not the Broncos. A Patriots fan would know that. I am not looking forward to the Jets game with other than an ill-repressed glee. I also do not think the Jets will make the AFCC that you think is inevitable.

3) "Our" biggest rival is not the Broncos. A Patriots fan would know that. I am not looking forward to the Jets game with other than an ill-repressed glee. I also do not think the Jets will make the AFCC that you think is inevitable.

The Jets are not challenging for the Division, AFC, or NFL titles, the Bronco's are, along with the Patriots.

The Jets are the most hated rival, the Bronco's are definitely the biggest rivals. Games against them determine playoff seeding and potentially which team represents the AFC in the Superbowl as the 2nd to last game in 2013 did.

1) I apologize... sort of.:)
2) Why do you assume any New England fan hates Peyton? Get a clue. We hate idiots who insist he's the best thing since sliced bread. (Feel like you are in that category, along with E!SPN and NFL.com? I can not help your feelings.)
1)Not necessary anyway, it's just a message board.:)
2)I hate sliced bread. I'm an uncut loaf guy. I can't help how I feel.
3)
huh.jpg

I've got no problem with Peyton Manning as a Pats fan. To be honest, I think he seems like a good guy. He had really nice things to say about Brady during his injury, has shown some class, and isn't really the kind of guy who talks a lot of smack etc. In other words, I could name about 50 players that I disliked much more than Peyton Manning.

Now the media's portrayal of Peyton Manning---that's a different story. I imagine it's probably a lot like other fanbase's feel about Brady. Not a bad guy at all, but tired of hearing about him in the media.

image.jpg

The Jets are not challenging for the Division, AFC, or NFL titles, the Bronco's are, along with the Patriots.

The Jets are the most hated rival, the Bronco's are definitely the biggest rivals. Games against them determine playoff seeding and potentially which team represents the AFC in the Superbowl as the 2nd to last game in 2013 did.
SMH.
OK, strngplyr, if that is your name :) (Hey, my mama did not name me lurker1965 so relax. It was a joke.)

Let's use you logic. The Giants won the two most recent Super Bowls the patriots were in. Therefore, by your logic, the most hated team in New Jersey is the Giants.

Broncos as rivals means we had a rivalry before last year. You know, like how the Red Sox-Yankees rivalry goes back to the 1919 trade of Ruth or the Michigan-Ohio State goes back to an actual war. (Yes shots were fired, none in either militia was hit, border moved. Wisconsin lost.:)) what happened to the "rivalry" we had with the Colts?

You're type weakens the word "rival" into whomever is competitive with you. I've seen rivalries. Broncos-Patriots is not one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back