PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

T.O. or Moss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither one gets the credit they deserve for the mental aspect of the game. Both are very good at reading the defenses. Both know how to get open against any coverage. And both have worked hard to become very good route runners.

Very good point. To add, I think T.O. (disclaimer: not a big fan) is the epitome of hard work, overall, to maximize talent. TO would be nothing more than an average/above average receiver without it.

I've loved Moss from the beginning, including his off-field guff, and am beyond elated that he is a Pat and killing it so far. I don't get the impression that Randy has ever really had to work himself to death (purely physically) to be elite. He simply is and, his hands compared TO, please.

Your point about their mental work, however, is one that more people should acknowledge. It is what makes them special. Hell, the difference between the best and the PS is, what, 10%, 15%?

Randy Moss + Brady from 2003 on? Best ever? It's a possibilty. We'll see what it is this year.

For as loud mouth as he can be, Owens will go over the middle fearlessly, he's the best blocking receiver in the league behind Hines Ward, and he isn't going to wind up in the Commissioner's office or the court room for his off the field antics. If you just need a guy to run and catch the ball I'd go with Moss, if you're looking for a guy to rely on to do everything playing the receiver position requires as far as blocking and ability to make something happen as far as YAC, I'm going with Terrell.

Does that mean dropping the ball as well?:)

It's not fair question to ask a bunch of Pats fans.

Of course we are going to say Moss.

All I can say is when we Play the Cowboys, the hype is going to be nuts.

But anyway.

Hands: Moss (by a million miles)
Speed: Moss (by a considerable amount)
Going over the middle: TO (course he'd probably drop it ;-) )
Going the Distance: Moss
Attitude throught there careers: TO
Work ethic through out there careers: TO

I put the through out there careers point because (so far) Moss has been all hard work.

Right now, I put Moss the number 2 receiver in the league behind Harrison.

After seeing what Brady has done with Moss, could you imagine him playing with Harrison and Wayne, and in a dome no less?

For as loud mouth as he can be, Owens will go over the middle fearlessly, he's the best blocking receiver in the league behind Hines Ward, and he isn't going to wind up in the Commissioner's office or the court room for his off the field antics. If you just need a guy to run and catch the ball I'd go with Moss, if you're looking for a guy to rely on to do everything playing the receiver position requires as far as blocking and ability to make something happen as far as YAC, I'm going with Terrell.

Don't forget to add piss someone off and/or demand a trade at some point.

Thought I'd rehash this thread.

2:54 left in the first quarter, and Owens already has two drops on balls thrown right on his hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes