PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

T-Buck T-Back ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Someone on (4 letter word Pats board) posted that Curran reported that the Patriots are close to re-signing Tebucky Jones. Anyone get the ProJo print edition, it's not on-line as the poster admitted.

Oh, what the heck, I'll post a link :

http://www.kffl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166968

Last edited:
BelichickFan said:
Someone on (4 letter word Pats board) posted that Curran reported that the Patriots are close to re-signing Tebucky Jones. Anyone get the ProJo print edition, it's not on-line as the poster admitted.

Oh, what the heck, I'll post a link :

http://www.kffl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166968

WHAAAAAAAAAT? :eek:
BelichickFan you really don't like that 4 letter word Pats board, huh? :D

Last edited:
Is it just me, or has April 1 lasted for an awful long time this year?

Just read it in the Pro Jo, all it says is ,"conversations between the team and Jones agent, Gary Wichard heated up in the past few days and the veteran safety appears close to rejoing the team that traded him in 2003." Then it just goes into his hx with the pats, and what happened to him recently yada, yada, yada...

GJAJ15 said:
Just read it in the Pro Jo, all it says is ,"conversations between the team and Jones agent, Gary Wichard heated up in the past few days and the veteran safety appears close to rejoing the team that traded him in 2003."
Thanks. I'd love to get him back if he still plays Special Teams the way he used to. He was out Gunner, and a good one. Chris Akins did a good job replacing him but since Akins left we have struggles there. Getting Tebucky back plus Mitchell would really help our ST . . . and that is important.

DefenseRules said:
BelichickFan you really don't like that 4 letter word Pats board, huh? :D
I love the posters, hate the people that run the place.

"Just Say NO to KFFL" :D

Last edited:
For the right price, I would be happy to see him back with the team. He may not be starter material but he would immediately upgrade our special teams and would make for some quality depth. Possibly at both safety positions.

Last edited:
Tebucky is from Connecticut so going back to the Pats is like going home. Good depth and a good special teams player. He played one hell of a game in SB XXXVI, aside from his touchdown getting called back, he helped set the tone early with a vicious hit on one of the Rams recievers. I wouldn't mind having him back, plus of course, he was an Orange(man)!

T-Buck = Terrell Buckley

T-Buck Jr. = Tebucky Jones

letekro said:
T-Buck = Terrell Buckley

T-Buck Jr. = Tebucky Jones
Not to me.

Since Tebucky was the inspiration behind my handle on this board, I guess I'd like to see him come back. But I wonder if he'd accept a vet min contract. Tebucky is a great ST player, but a woeful safety.

bucky said:
But I wonder if he'd accept a vet min contract. Tebucky is a great ST player
I'm not sure that he has a lot of other options right now - other than getting a real job.

Any moves that improve st's has my support. It is after all, one third of the game. and kick coverage has been unsatisfactory as of late.

Tebucky is a great, great gunner.

We couldn't afford to keep him as a gunner and part-time safety. He was able to get more money as a starter. We offered him a huge salary for a STer.

I would sign him in a heartbeat to a 2-3 year contract. Guss and Mitchell would then have a tough time making the team, and the team would be stronger.

I would be great to have the gunner position locked up for a couple of years, as well aas having a veteran safety.

The question is whether Tebucky is ready to accept a role as a special teamer.

Someone on EEI (meter-parrell)said that their mole has told him he is taking a physical and may be a Patriot soon. He could be a decent SS if Rodney is not back to full health at the begining of the year. And I think the Pats like him more then you think, or else they would not have franchised him before.

WEEI just said that he is in town for a physical, so I guess they already have the contract worked out.

We should cut the guy some slack, his mother was a crack addict, and he basically raised himself, while she was in jail (she was still in the joint while he was a Pat), I think that she is out now.

I think he should be Tah-Buck while Terrel is T-Buck

Most people remember his excellent SB 36, but Tebucky was great all season long in 2001. He forced something like 4 fumbles (including 2 game changers in the Miami game that clinched the division - plus his INT of Cordell Stewart sealed the AFCC). Many looked at 2001 as his breakout year where really emerged.

Don't know what exactly happened to him in 2002 and then he left for the big bucks in NO and got crappy coaching.

I would love to see this guy back here for vet minimum with incentives.

He's older and wiser than he was in 2002 when he was tripping over Victor and Lawyer while trying to run down RB's who had broken through our horrible DL that year.

Last edited:
Just heard the buzz about this this morning and I was surprised! It'll be nice to have a another vet safety/special teamer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST