PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Survey says "Gostkowski is the best kicker in the league"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gost is awesome. I do think that is the main reason bill made the PAT suggestion. He has a kicker he trusts completely. I think the only time ghost lost his trust was after the cardinals game, but he won it back quickly.

Pats have top 5 player in a lot of positions

Qb -Brady (Goat)
Rb - Lewis (production wise)
Te - Gronk (Goat)
K - Gost
Fs - D Mc
Lb - Collins
Rt - Seabass
St - Slater
Returner - Je11

Top 10
Wr - Je11
P - Allen
De - Jones
Lb - Hightower
Lt - Solder

Made up awards (depth)
Best 3rd Wr - Dola
Best 2nd Te - Chandler
Best 3rd Lb - Mayo
Best backup Rb - Blount

Almost seems unfair

• Winner
Reactions: ALP
I do think that is the main reason bill made the PAT suggestion. He has a kicker he trusts completely.
Bill's stance was that the extra point had become so "automatic" that it served no purpose. He recommended that you either eliminate it entirely or make it more difficult. Since the change, he expanded and said it's a play where some cheap shots are taken. Wasn't it a PAT when Gronk got his arm broken?

Qb -Brady (Goat)
Te - Gronk (Goat)
K - Gost
Fs - D Mc
Lb - Collins
Rt - Seabass
St - Slater
Returner - Je11

Top 10
Wr - Je11
P - Allen
De - Jones
Lb - Hightower
Lt - Solder

Made up awards (depth)
Best 3rd Wr - Dola
Best 2nd Te - Chandler
Best 3rd Lb - Mayo
Best backup Rb - Blount

Almost seems unfair
I would put Allen as a top 5 talent because of his sure handedness in catching snaps and holding. Danny Aiken had a ton of bad snaps and Allen handled every one of them.

Stork is easily a top 5 center and Andrews may be top 10.

Even though he's a rookie, Joe Cardona is probably the best long snapper.

I would put Allen as a top 5 talent because of his sure handedness in catching snaps and holding. Danny Aiken had a ton of bad snaps and Allen handled every one of them.

Stork is easily a top 5 center and Andrews may be top 10.

Even though he's a rookie, Joe Cardona is probably the best long snapper.

I didn't put stork for health issues and Allen for just not punting enough. Lol. But I agree

Bill's stance was that the extra point had become so "automatic" that it served no purpose. He recommended that you either eliminate it entirely or make it more difficult. Since the change, he expanded and said it's a play where some cheap shots are taken. Wasn't it a PAT when Gronk got his arm broken?

I always suspected he cracked the bone somewhere else and then broke it on the PAT. It makes no sense that he could break it like that on that play.

Qb -Brady (Goat)
Te - Gronk (Goat)
K - Gost
Fs - D Mc
Lb - Collins
Rt - Seabass
St - Slater
Returner - Je11

Top 10
Wr - Je11
P - Allen
De - Jones
Lb - Hightower
Lt - Solder

Made up awards (depth)
Best 3rd Wr - Dola
Best 2nd Te - Chandler
Best 3rd Lb - Mayo
Best backup Rb - Blount

Almost seems unfair

Chandler hasn't been that great, even for a 2nd TE. I'm sure it's not hard at all to find players at Amendola, Mayo, Blount's depth chart spots on other teams who are better, to be honest.

I always suspected he cracked the bone somewhere else and then broke it on the PAT. It makes no sense that he could break it like that on that play.
It's possible that the bone was somehow weakened before the injury, but I don't find that to be any more likely. You got a bunch of 200+ lb athletes flailing limbs around on every PAT, breaks are bound to happen eventually. It is one of BB's reasons for not wanting "automatic plays".

Chandler hasn't been that great, even for a 2nd TE. I'm sure it's not hard at all to find players at Amendola, Mayo, Blount's depth chart spots on other teams who are better, to be honest.

Who do you think is a better 2nd TE in the NFL? And also for the other positions? Which team has a better 3rd receiver? Maybe Sanu of the bengals? James Jones? I think since the Baltimore playoff game, Dola has been clutch for us.

Justin Tucker is in the discussion also. Bailey, Tucker, and Gost are the top 3 FG kickers of all-time in terms of %

Agreed, though I still get pissed when the announcer mentions his unblemished record at game winning kicks (or whatever the stat is). It's not uncommon to hear something like, "no, he's 28 of 29, Bob" uttered in my living room. :mad:

Who do you think is a better 2nd TE in the NFL? And also for the other positions? Which team has a better 3rd receiver? Maybe Sanu of the bengals? James Jones? I think since the Baltimore playoff game, Dola has been clutch for us.
Dwayne Allen at TE

Amendola and Blount, yes, though once LaFell returns and Danny drops a slot in the pecking order it won't be that easy. Chandler and Mayo, no, because you have to consider where they are on the depth chart.

But he refused to turn over his phone :) Funny how many kickers are struggling now that PSI levels are enforced.

Dwayne Allen at TE

Allen -
2015 IND 3 4 38 12.7 9.5 0 1

Chandler -
2015 NE 3 6 49 16.3 8.2 0 1

Similar numbers. I'd give the edge to Chandler for being a "better" redzone target though.

Allen -
2015 IND 3 4 38 12.7 9.5 0 1

Chandler -
2015 NE 3 6 49 16.3 8.2 0 1

Similar numbers. I'd give the edge to Chandler for being a "better" redzone target though.

Dwayne Allen is said to be a good blocker. Good blocker with decent receiving skills > Chandler

That being said. Dwayne Allen is the #1 tight end in my eyes. Coby Fleener is #2

According to mazz gost isnt good because he hasnt taken many game winning kicks

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back