PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Surprise Stars this year?

I think Jones and Hightower are both going to have huge seasons. Not sure how much of a surprise that is, though.

Offense: Josh Boyce will lead the team in yards/td/receptions

Defense: Armond Armstead

Offense: Josh Boyce will lead the team in yards/td/receptions

Defense: Armond Armstead

It still annoys me that I took Boyce out of my final mock at the last minute because of my infatuation with Marquess Wilson. It really was touch and go. At least I'd have had one this year :bricks:

I still like Boyce more than Dobson and I sort of agree with you except that I think Dobson will get more playing time than Boyce because of his size and draft position and this will limit Boyce statistically. Of course if Amendola gets injured for any length of time, then all bets are off.

Edit: And it's good to see you around. We need more people in the draft forum.

I think Jones and Hightower are both going to have huge seasons. Not sure how much of a surprise that is, though.

Sounds like a cop-out, but that's the direction I'm going as well. It may not be a surprise that they play well, but I think it will be a surprise just how much BETTER they look in year two.

This obviously is a guessing game, but I can see Boyce having a couple really big games. Dobson will be more consistent over the course of the season.

I can't pick stars, and either of these two could be cut for all I know, but I think these guys will contribute more than expected:

Michael Hoomanawanui impressed me a bit with his limited targets. I can see him having a good year with 4-5 TDs and 300 YDs on 25-30 receptions.

Alfonzo Dennard will be my pick on defense. He might not be perfect, but he can play the ball well and has good enough hands to pick off bad passes. He isn't tall or strong enough to be a great #1 CB, but he can cover the other side very well. I can see Dennard having a season like McCourty's rookie year. 7 INTs. No FF because he doesn't appear to be as strong, but more PD because he has better CB instincts.

Hightower and Collins, I honestly believe our Linebacking corps will be widely regarded as one of the 2 best in the NFL. On offense I have to go Danny Amendola. It will surprise a lot of people here who are still crying about Wes Welker leaving.

Anyone have Welker's and Amendola's combine times in the 3 cone or short shuttle for comparison purposes?

Also, has Mike Leach, who coached both Wes and Danny at Texas Tech, ever compared the two?

Update: Found and reading through this link now:

The Blitz with Jeff Howe & Karen Guregian | Boston Herald

If Wikipedia is to be believed, Amendola had a much better 3-cone (6.81) to Welker (7.09). Welker wins the short shuttle though - 4.01 to 4.25.

Danny Amendola - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wes Welker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It still annoys me that I took Boyce out of my final mock at the last minute because of my infatuation with Marquess Wilson. It really was touch and go. At least I'd have had one this year :bricks:

I still like Boyce more than Dobson and I sort of agree with you except that I think Dobson will get more playing time than Boyce because of his size and draft position and this will limit Boyce statistically. Of course if Amendola gets injured for any length of time, then all bets are off.

Edit: And it's good to see you around. We need more people in the draft forum.

Thanks man. I am back after offseason exile. Thank god football is almost back!

This topic reminds me of an idea.

I wonder if there would be enough interest in a Predictions section of our personal profiles?

Pages organized by year or quartly or season (Draft, Training Camp etc) where we write down our own thoughts and predictions.

Any statements and thoughts can be edited for a certain number of days before becoming finalized... and then its there forever in the Predictions section of your profile.

Just a thought Im throwing out there.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back