PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Strength and Cond. Staff Must Go!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
patriotsrule said:
they are traditionally strong in the fourth quarter while other teams are tiring out.

Bingo.

(7 8 9 10)

patriotsrule said:
Mike Woicik is the only player or coach in NFL history to have 6 Super Bowl rings. He is known throughout the league as one of the best at his his profession. Seriously, some of you guys either need jobs or girlfriends. Where do you come up with this stuff? What could Woicik do about Harrison's injury? Light's injury? Poole's injury? Faulk's injury? When a player gets rolled up on and tears a knee ligament or breaks a bone in his foot, we are now blaming the strength and conditioning coach? And we sit here and complain when outsiders make fun of us as fans. We have one of the best strength coaches in the NFL and some people are blaming him because Cedric Wilson rolled up on Rodney Harrison and made him tear three knee ligaments. The Patriots have been one of the toughest, most physical teams since Woicik has been here and they are traditionally strong in the fourth quarter while other teams are tiring out so I would say he is doing his job pretty well. But we have to blame someone because we didn't win the Super Bowl this year. Might as well be the strength coach. Astonishing.
I agree with patsrule. I am a physical therapist and a strength and conditioning coach. Injuries, no matter how well you prepare an athlete will happen, especially in football. Woicik is the best in the business. Look at Big Willie. Before Woicik got here, he was always out with a hamstring strain. He has been on the field the last four years, same as Woicik has been here. Was injured this year with a broken thumb. How is strength and conditioning prevent that! If you know, please inform me because I've pissed away alot of money on a education.

PATSNUTme said:
It would be really nice if you had some idea of what you are talking about before start a thread trashing someone.

I happen to know a Strength & Conditioning coach in the NFL. He has been with 2 NFL teams, and currently with an NFC team that was in the playoffs.

This person told me a couple of months ago the the Patriots coach is considered one of the best in the business.

What are you talking about? You know a coach so that makes you some kind of expert on whether the Patriots injuries are related to their workout regimen? You know nothing! My brother is an MD, and my grandfather was the top heart surgeon on Long Island when he was alive. I'm not going to claim I know how to do a triple bypass.

I do know I've been working out at the gym for 25 years. I do know I was a personal trainer for three years in college. I know I tore my ACL wrestling, and injured it again in a basketball league, so have had to rehab it twice. Don't presume to know what I know about injuries! Some coach told you the Pats S&C coach is one of the best in the business so the case is closed! What a crock! Everybody knows he's had a good rep. If you read the Dallas link somebody posted, there are plenty who don't think alot of him.

I'll say it one more time, the Pats have lead the league in the injuries for three years. If they are the type that would have happened regardless of who the S&C coach was fine, but if not, then he's part of the problem, and this needs to be addressed.

Bostonian1962 said:
What are you talking about? You know a coach so that makes you some kind of expert on whether the Patriots injuries are related to their workout regimen? You know nothing! My brother is an MD, and my grandfather was the top heart surgeon on Long Island when he was alive. I'm not going to claim I know how to do a triple bypass.

I do know I've been working out at the gym for 25 years. I do know I was a personal trainer for three years in college. I know I tore my ACL wrestling, and injured it again in a basketball league, so have had to rehab it twice. Don't presume to know what I know about injuries! Some coach told you the Pats S&C coach is one of the best in the business so the case is closed! What a crock! Everybody knows he's had a good rep. If you read the Dallas link somebody posted, there are plenty who don't think alot of him.

I'll say it one more time, the Pats have lead the league in the injuries for three years. If they are the type that would have happened regardless of who the S&C coach was fine, but if not, then he's part of the problem, and this needs to be addressed.

This was not just "a coach". This is a guy who has acutally been a S&C coach for 18 years in the NFL, and still is. He had no reason to tell me that the Patriots S&C was one of the best in the business. He has been publicly thanked by one of the best NFL QB's and one of the best NFL's LB's for his work.

If he thought the Patriots S&C coach was lousy, he would have said that. If I could say who this person is I would. I don't want to bring his name into this.

I'll take the word of someone who has direct knowledge of the person and the job rather than some "link". And, all that other bull**** you stated is just a rant.

The title of your thread is what I have a problem with.

Last edited:
Apparently more than just one S&C coach thinks he is good.

"Woicik is a two-time winner of the Professional Football Strength and Conditioning Society's Coach of the Year Award, earning the honor in 1992 and 2004.
Woicik's year-round conditioning program has proven to be a significant factor in the Patriots' Super Bowl runs, as the team has remained fresh and saved its best football for the end of the season. Since 2001, New England has compiled a 39-5 (.886) record in games played after November 1, a record that exemplifies the solid conditioning approach employed by Woicik. Additionally, New England has been able to sustain lengthy winning streaks during Woicik's tenure, compiling an NFL-record 21-game winning streak from 2003-04 and also achieving a 12-game winning streak from 2001-02."

http://www.patriots.com/team/index.cfm?ac=coachbio&bio=532

I just think that before advocating the firing of someone, you need to give more facts.

Maybe list the injuries that we had and which ones were a results of the "poor work" done by the S&C staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News