PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stopping Jets offense

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the New York fans resort to some bogus baseball analogy, they have already lost the argument!

Why not talk bout some real football...besides what happened last yr...or how Sanchez sucks...who cares....

If you have A. Tippett your name...means you have watched football..and know some stuff....I go back to Kenny Obrien....and that failure....so talk some football damn....

I'm just looking to talk some good football guy.....I told you the Pats should win..this Monday....you are talking bout how Sanchez sucks....
I'm also talking about the fact that Colt McCoy started four years as a Texas Longhorn quarterback and has far less talent surrounding him in the NFL as a Cleveland Brown. You have disrespected Colt McCoy yet have anointed Sanchez as the second coming (of what I have no idea). As of matter of fact, you Jets fans have stated Sanchez is surrounded by an offensive All-Star Team.

Why not talk bout some real football...besides what happened last yr...or how Sanchez sucks...who cares....

You don't think that the talent, or lack thereof, of a team's starting quarterback is relevant when discussing teams and their chances of winning games?

If you have A. Tippett your name...means you have watched football..and know some stuff....I go back to Kenny Obrien....and that failure....so talk some football damn....
Sanchez is worse than Richard Todd!

I think that shutting down that dog and pony show is by taking away the simple reads. Edwards is a body positioning guy who runs body positioning routes. He's too damn stupid to settle in zones, so if you press, ride the inside technique in with that cover-2 man under look they love so much you'll take away the slant. Mix that up with some zone cover-2 and disguised cover-4 and there's going to be picks off of Edwards side.

I'd take away Keller by mugging him with my backer until they flex him out. I think Keller is soft as a marshmallow and will quit if he knows that he's in for a battle. If he catches the ball, I want him stuck immediately and aggressively. I can see it when he plays, that cat is the tin man. I would leave Holmes to McCourty. He's really the only guy on that offense that actually frightens me schematically. He doesn't need to be doubled, but he can run everything, understands coverages, and is a competitor. I put my best guy on him for fourty snaps and call it a day.

The thing about Sanchez is that he has two routes within the same vision cone to simplify his reads. It's pretty clear to the coaches that he's not ready yet to look things over and survey the field. I would take away these triangle reads and force him to look to the backside of the play consistently from a pocket that is pinching him. He doesn't move worth a damn in the pocket, and if the outsides are collapsing he's going to have to make a play on the slide as it's drawn up. Some QB's you flush, some QB's you get with A Gap, others you force to play field general. I still don't think he can do that consistently for 60 minutes.
I would stay away from the pressure heavy schemes to prevent the use of the Tomlinson screen.

Shutting down Keller for the Patriots always seems to be next to impossible, for some reason he runs free and makes the big catches against us - he killed us earlier this year with 7 catches, one td and well over 100 yards - we need to limit this guy for once. I like what you write here and it sure could work.

Merriweather needs to have a smart, sharp game to go with his hard hits - he was very late in coverage vs Detroit after having a really good game vs the colts.

Chung needs to come up big and get back to where he was pre-injury.

Sanders has been the glue holding the safeties together so far, he is so smart, knows where to be all the time and is a playmaker - if he only had speed he would be a great one.

Arrington/Butler combo is where the Jets will try to exploit - whether Butler is a dime or a corner with Arrington the designated rusher (I kind of like that wrinkle). Butler is the "bust of month" for many here at Patsfans, as far as I am concerned, he has been playing his way back into the mix (after playing too cerebral and less instinctive earlier in the year which led to his benching). Butler is going to be a very good corner, he has all the skills, it usually takes a few years with this defense at this level. Maybe he is over his and ready to come on strong from here on out - would not surprise me one bit (as a matter of fact, I am predicting it right now).

If Devin can neutralize Homes with safety help deep - that would be a huge key to stopping them.

Edwards and Keller simply cannot be allowed to run free over the middle at any point. Keeping Sanchez in the pocket and clogging the middle will take that away and force him into errors. I agree with your assessment here about forcing him to be the field general.

Getting Wright and Pryor back is huge as we need their pressure up the middle.

Tully needs to have a very good game both with set the edge and bringing an outside rush. Must get to Sanchez...must hurry him.

Spikes is crucial to this game, he cannot get caught out of position or LT will make him look foolish.

We cannot let Keller get a free release off the line, and it wouldn't bother e if we occasionally bracketed him in coverage.

You don't think that the talent, or lack thereof, of a team's starting quarterback is relevant when discussing teams and their chances of winning games?

Ok so Sanchez has no talent...by the way...Jerrod Mayo will never be as good as David Harris.....

Typical of NY Jets Fans. Visit the opponents message board and denigrate their football players.

You wanna talk bout how bad Sanchez is...and I just wanna talk team vs. team....lets talk how your secondary will stop Holmes, Edwards and Keller...or how the jets have won 2 of last 3...

Ok so Sanchez has no talent...by the way...Jerrod Mayo will never be as good as David Harris.....

Ok, so you have no interesting in actually talking about football. Not a problem. There's an app (ignore list) for that....

Or how a Jets cast off...Woodhead is the biggest threat to me....in this game..not Welker, Hernandez or the law firm.

does anyone wanna talk actual football in here?

Besides ATippett..who never saw him take a snap on D....googled that name and decided to post using it.

You wanna talk bout how bad Sanchez is...and I just wanna talk team vs. team....lets talk how your secondary will stop Holmes, Edwards and Keller...or how the jets have won 2 of last 3...
The New England Patriots defensive secondary has played well enough to beat two Super Bowl winning quarterbacks two weeks in a row. If beating the Steelers on the road and the Colts at home in consecutive weeks is not impressive ...... well? If the New England Patriots defensive secondary intercepts Peyton Manning three times while prior to the game, Peyton only allowed four interceptions all season is not impressive ..... well? As for the supposed all star cast of offensive players from New York City, it just does not matter when your quarterback is one the most inaccurate throwers in the NFL.

The New England Patriots defensive secondary has played well enough to beat two Super Bowl winning quarterbacks two weeks in a row. If beating the Steelers on the road and the Colts at home in consecutive weeks is not impressive ...... well? If the New England Patriots defensive secondary intercepts Peyton Manning three times while prior to the game, Peyton only allowed four interceptions all season is not impressive ..... well? As for the supposed all star cast of offensive players from New York City, it just does not matter when your quarterback is one the most inaccurate throwers in the NFL.

Damn FINALLY some real NFL Talk...besides....waaahhh wahhhh Sanchez sucks, Brady is a God....

I respect some real analysis..damn....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference