PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stevie Johnson likely to sign with Pats [3/17 update: signs w/ San Diego]

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I'm saying is that the offense in 2015 will challenge that 49ers team, and may even break the record.

I agree, setting records doesn't matter. Just saying that this offense will be even better than the offense that produced so well last season in the playoffs.

It'll be hard but it could be. 35 vs BAL. 45 vs Indy. 28 vs best D in the NFL is pretty damn powerful.

Like this (potential) signing. Seems like a guy who could really flourish in New England, while providing the offense with something they've been sorely lacking for a good while now.

He's one of my favorite non-patriots and has been ever since his dropped pass against Pittsburgh.

Remember when Kevin Faulk fumbled against Green Bay? He learned and grew from that.

Stevie's meltdown and blaming god, etc, were silly but underneath all that was the reality that this is a guy who gives a damn. There will always be a spot in NE for talented players who give a damn.

There will always be a spot in NE for talented players who give a damn.

Exactly why players like that are always worth the look as there are a ton in the NFL who legitimately don't.

Sign Johnson, Mathis, draft Gurley at 32, another guard at 64 and the Pats will average 70 points per game.

All other teams spending the big bucks on defense, then BB fishing in a calm lake though, "F.. this"

He's visiting the Texans today.
I'm aware. But look at how long it took for him to move past the "Patriots and Browns might show interest" phase. He's really good (when healthy).

I will never consider a WR from outside the organization a lock to overtake anyone who already has Brady's timing and trust. Seen that too many times.

Because Dobson has shown so much so far........

Shorts to the Texans
T. Williams to the Browns

So stevie is the 4th receiver?

Shorts signed with the Texans.

Same. Shorts is generating far, far too little attention.

According to my favorite metric, Yards Per Target, here are Shorts numbers:

2012: 9.23
2013: 6.20
2014: 5.06

Don't care who the QB is and what system he is in, those would suggest he shouldn't even be playing in the Arena league. I think he doesn't have the toughness to play in the league, and maybe one of his injuries was more damaging than anyone has let on to the public:

http://sportsinjurypredictor.com/injury-predictor/player/24901

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference