PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steven Jackson!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope tho does happen, why not. He doesn't have a ton of miles on him for a 32 yr old and as others pointed out, would only needed for 5-6 games if we get where we want
I am all for this move but he definitely does have a ton of miles on him even for 32. He is currently 16th all time in rushing attempts.

I am all for this move but he definitely does have a ton of miles on him even for 32. He is currently 16th all time in rushing attempts.

Yeah, Jackson had a ton of mileage on him even when he signed with the Falcons. That was one of his knocks. You really need a pretty rare career arc to hit 30 as a RB and not have a tun of mileage on you, like Fred Jackson.

I'm for signing him, hes not going to be asked to carry the ball 20-25 times a game, so he should be ok.

Another low risk/high reward possibility, and with the limited options out there, I'm all for giving it a shot.

Seriously love me some SJax always have I wanted him BADLY in 2004 though Wilfork wasn't a bad consolation prize. How is this man not already on a plane learning the playbook? 6 games tops with 2 2week breaks he should be a huge asset. All he needs is to be a "starter quality" back for 2 of those games and this is a monster pick-up. Love dues's schedule and think that would work really well. Sign the beast!

Make it so BB! You know you want to!

Is he a Patriot yet?

He's a Patriot hater, F*ck that guy.

Yeah, also the same guy who said the Broncos were going to go undefeated and win the Super Bowl last year....

No thanks. Tony clearly has a lingering concussion issue.

Yeah, also the same guy who said the Broncos were going to go undefeated and win the Super Bowl last year....

No thanks. Tony clearly has a lingering concussion issue.

Yeah, and you'd kick Natalie Dormer out of bed, too.

if Gonzalez was interested and remotely the player he once was, well, I don't care what he said before!

Who knows what kind of shape Jackson is in. If he's been keeping in game shape then I'd say if he signs now he could be effective for the last game of the season and might be able to contribute in playoffs. It's not like they're a run first team anyway. Yeah, I know, game plan specific but methinks it's easier for this team to adjust towards the pass than towards the run. Look what happened when Lewis & Edelman went out plus the PHI game w/0 Gronkowski. McD tried to run more and we saw a WHOLE lot of Blount & Bolden 1 yard into the line runs. Get Edelman back & obviously the passing game "is" the running game....

His worst attribute in Atlanta was that he could never, ever stay healthy. He must have had the most fragile hamstrings in the NFL.
Get him on Brady's flexibility program and we're good to go.

I am holding out hope he gets signed. Prefer him over montee ball

He did always seemed dinged up, although he only missed 7 games in the last 6 seasons. Not exactly awful.

I am holding out hope he gets signed. Prefer him over montee ball

Could we trade him for the RB behind the curtain where Karen is standing, or am I confusing him with someone else?

:cool:

They'd have better luck with Samuel L. Jackson.

I dont know, Samuel L. Jackson is an actor. He is also almost 67 years old. I think i read somewhere he played football in high school, but even if he did the patriots playbook would be very hard to pick up. I worry the game might have passed him by. Also he has been doing alot of press for the hateful 8, so im not sure if he has time to study. I doubt he is in "football" shape. I think i like the steven jackson idea better. This post is dedicated to the one guy who disagreed the quoted post

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes