PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steven Jackson!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the Pats are looking for a guy to run up and down the field. The Patriots are a pass 1st offense. He would be great for short yardage runs, goal line and would be great for pass blocking

Maybe, but at least he'd be there if Bolden or White were injured.

The Pats currently have only TWO healthy RBs on the active roster.

That's a worse situation than when the Pats dressed only six OLs for three straight games.

There are no injured RBs who are close to returning, on the roster.

Lol, how is dressing two RBs worse than 6 OL? This team runs empty backfield sets all the time, not to mention you can put Amendola or another receiver in the backfield to take up that role a few times. I'd much rather have that than trotting a TE out there to be an OT.

Washed up vet or a jittery young PS rookie for the final stretch? I haven't been closely scouting either one, so my opinion is of no value. Occasionally, an undrafted rookie RB can turn out to be Arian Foster. I can't recall the last time any RB > 30 years old came out of retirement and kicked ass.

They don't need Jackson to kick ass. They need a big back who can pass protect and run the ball a few times a game, and Jackson can do both of those things. Anything else is gravy.

They're not finding Dion Lewis II at this point.

Hell, if the guy can give us top notch pass protection that's enough in my book. I hadn't remembered his rep as a good blocker. I'll take that over Montee Ball any day of the week. It would make me happy if they got SJax a ring, too.

Washed up vet or a jittery young PS rookie for the final stretch? I haven't been closely scouting either one, so my opinion is of no value. Occasionally, an undrafted rookie RB can turn out to be Arian Foster. I can't recall the last time any RB > 30 years old came out of retirement and kicked ass.

He doesn't need to "kick ass".

Corey Dillon type performance wouldn't be half bad ;)

They don't need Jackson to kick ass. They need a big back who can pass protect and run the ball a few times a game, and Jackson can do both of those things. Anything else is gravy.

They're not finding Dion Lewis II at this point.

Well let's hope we have a large enough halftime lead over the Titans so we can safely audition RB in the 2nd half.

If Steven Jackson and/or Montee Ball don't have what it takes, I'd rather have a rookie RB make his debut in the regular season.

Free Agent/Retired Running Backs younger or the same age as Steven Jackson:

Peyton Hillis (Josh might not like that idea)

Every time that story comes up I think of DeNiro going after Pesci in Raging Bull.

Free agent Steven Jackson wants to continue his playing career, but only for a competitive team.
"I don't want to go to a team that is rebuilding and needs me to come on and teach guys how to be professional," Jackson said. "I want to be part of a winning team because when I do hang up my cleats, I can see a lot of people holding that over my head when a lot of it was out of my control." Jackson is "fully aware" he might not find a taker. S-Jax has yet to make a visit in free agency, and two months shy of his 32nd birthday, may have played his final down. May 14 - 4:16 PM

If we wasted a spot on jag Sammy Morris, I think we can waste one on a hof player for possibly 6 games.

Free Agent/Retired Running Backs younger or the same age as Steven Jackson:

Maurice Jones-Drew
Ray Rice
BenJarvus Green-Ellis
Shonn Greene
Ben Tate
Cedric Benson
Felix Jones
Peyton Hillis (Josh might not like that idea)

And of course, my favorite...

Tim Tebow! (How about it??? lol)

Let's have a tryout on Friday...kind of like a Royal Rumble, winner takes the starting job.

I like it. We can turn it into a reality show, like The Contender or that one with the Cowboys. Call it Blitz Pickup, which doubles as a reference to their primary responsibility, and the fact that they're a quick and unexpected roster addition. At the end of each episode, BB can fold up the chair of the guy going home.

I don't think you followed Morris's career close enough when he was here.

If you had to pinpoint one moment where the Pats' offense went from historically great to merely 'really good', it was when Morris went on IR. If he'd stayed healthy, we go 19-0.

If this was September, I would say no way. Mid-December is another story assuming he has anything left. An older RB can potentially play at a top level for a month or two before falling apart.

If you had to pinpoint one moment where the Pats' offense went from historically great to merely 'really good', it was when Morris went on IR. If he'd stayed healthy, we go 19-0.

He was on a pace for a 1000 yard season and ran a helluva lot harder than LoMo.

He was one cut n go unlike Tiny Dancer.

I don't think you followed Morris's career close enough when he was here.
I think you read too much into my comment. Morris was a good role player for us but never the talent of Jackson. At 32, I would take Jackson over a 32 yr old Morris. That's my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST