PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steven Jackson!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ball is on PS. SJax goes straight to roster requiring a release. Not going to be Iosefa IMO.
Hope you're right, I DO NOT wanna lose Iosefa, Jackson won't give us much until the playoffs, and even then I'm not sure he has much left.

I wonder if at this time of year Iosefa clears waivers. I could see a team claiming him and paying him for 2 weeks just to keep him away from NE practice squad.
I dont want him going to CAR

My understanding is that Stewart is a lot more injured that they are letting on. Potential high-ankle sprain.

Last edited:
Eh, worth a shot I suppose. I'd rather just use any old jag back with young legs. SJax has been toast past two years. Perhaps the season off has given him some extra juice. He's a threat (or was) out of the back field right?

He can catch some. The good thing about him is even if he doesn't break big runs you know he can catch and pick up the blitz and won't fumble the ball in a key moment. Those are things worth having this time of year.

Also I gotta say I always like Steven Jackson. I am sad to see he never got a ring. Hope we can fix that.

Thread needs to be renamed from "Steven Jackson?" to "Steven Jackson!"

We're-gonna-party-like-it's-Two-Thousand-and-Siiiiix!

Great pick for minimum vet. When Blount went down we lost our between-the-tackles run guy. Neither Bolden, white, or even Iosefa are that. Isofa was the closes thing to Blount, but even he seemed to lack torque and power to go full bore straight down to punch a hole in a D-line. SJax is what we need to replace Blount. A big body, goal-line force to pound it through. Great pick up.

Asante Cleveland seems the likely candidate to be cut for Jackson.

With Gronk and Williams back, along with Chandler, he's the most expendable.

(Btw, is it me or has Chandler been in the doghouse the last two games?)

He's been limited in practice the last two weeks with a knee injury.

Steve Jackson is a good signing. It would be awesome to see the future HOF get a ring with the Pats. Wish they coulda done that with Junior. :(

After Iosefa's performance, there's a good chance he wouldn't make it through waivers, especially after the Pats dried up the market by signing Ball and Jackson. Normally, I don't think they would risk exposing Iosefa on the waiver wire, but with injuries to Hightower, Chung and Amendola, there's not much fat to cut.

Great pick for minimum vet. When Blount went down we lost our between-the-tackles run guy. Neither Bolden, white, or even Iosefa are that. Isofa was the closes thing to Blount, but even he seemed to lack torque and power to go full bore straight down to punch a hole in a D-line. SJax is what we need to replace Blount. A big body, goal-line force to pound it through. Great pick up.

Right. I do have confidence in the team's ability to gauge how much a player "has left" physically and based on that amount, use him appropriately.

Granted it was 2011 but he played an entire season in JMD's offense in STL and did well.

How he fits, performs and how he adapts to the "Patriot Way" here remains to be seen.

My gut tells me he'll do fine here.

Actually really excited to see what he has to offer. Dillon 2.0? We can hope!

Right. I do have confidence in the team's ability to gauge how much a player "has left" physically and based on that amount, use him appropriately.

Granted it was 2011 but he played an entire season in JMD's offense in STL and did well.

How he fits, performs and how he adapts to the "Patriot Way" here remains to be seen.

My gut tells me he'll do fine here.

To put your mind at ease.. Sjax is a class act. He will have no problem fitting in.

LOTS OF OPTIONS
Freeny to IR
Waddle
Kitchen
Fleming
Siliga

To put your mind at ease.. Sjax is a class act. He will have no problem fitting in.
Yea I worded my post poorly. Not concerned about attitude at all. More concerned about the playbook workload than anything. As I said b/c hes been in JMDs system before and did well I think thats huge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents