PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steven Jackson!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have seen it like a dozen times already, the media is reporting the he had never made the playoffs in his career. Totally false he made it his rookie year. So don't fall for the tweet

To show the chance that we may be in for a surprise, here's a decent comparison:

Deangelo Williams, 32 years old, 3.5 ypc in 2014.

Steven Jackson, 32 years old, 3.7 ypc in 2014.

To show the chance that we may be in for a surprise, here's a decent comparison:

Deangelo Williams, 32 years old, 3.5 ypc in 2014.

Steven Jackson, 32 years old, 3.7 ypc in 2014.

Steven Jackson has a lot more carries than Williams, but with all that time off, he could be a surprise.

Shame on Schefter. Hes better than that.
To be fair, it's easy to forget considering how bad most of his teams teams were. Not to mention that team he played on went 8-8.

So we could say this is his first time being with a team above .500 ;)

Asante Cleveland seems the likely candidate to be cut for Jackson.

With Gronk and Williams back, along with Chandler, he's the most expendable.

(Btw, is it me or has Chandler been in the doghouse the last two games?)
Chandler is fighting a knee injury and was inactive yesterday.

To be fair, it's easy to forget considering how bad most of his teams teams were. Not to mention that team he played on went 8-8.

It is interesting. Since 1999 the two franchises have gone in the opposite direction.

1999 Rams Champs, 1999 Pats mediocre and moving to Hartford, but stayed put.

2015 Pats Champs, 2015 Rams mediocre and moving to ???? but seems like they are staying put.

All we have to do is keep matriculating the ball down the field. I dont want no 4.3/40...this is what I want from SJ here on out...

Edit: finally found a use for my Woodhead #39 Jersey!!

That's a very interesting idea if he's healthy. He took a pounding in his career, but he had that same ability to navigate through the wash that Blount has and physically dominate safeties at the next level. If he's got six games in him, Stephen Jackson would be great.

Sometimes athletes who have a year off or so, come back and play really well...need that time to heal and rejuvenate. Who can say that Steven Jackson is not one of them? :)

Easy to forget but to be honest it isnt that hard to look up take about 10 seconds to google Steven Jackson stats.

With a year off and fresh legs, he could be a beast for us. He has four weeks before the first playoff game which should be enough time for him to get in the groove and involved in the offense. He could give us an added dimension that we have lacked giving the offense a new twist for teams to defend. I'm optimistic and psyched.

Here's hoping the time off got him some fresh legs and that he's hungry for a SB title.

I can't believe people are worried about waiving Iosefa. I'd give that move a 99% chance of happening.

It is interesting. Since 1999 the two franchises have gone in the opposite direction.

1999 Rams Champs, 1999 Pats mediocre and moving to Hartford, but stayed put.

2015 Pats Champs, 2015 Rams mediocre and moving to ???? but seems like they are staying put.

The St. Louis City Council approved the financing for the new Stadium. They are staying put..

Mike Reiss thoughts on what this will do for Bolden.

Belichick has consistently shown an interest in bringing aging elite athletes in - once-great players that are looking for another shot.
Sometimes this has worked out: Junior Seau, Randy Moss, a bit of Rodney Harrison, Doug Flutie, & Corey Dillon.
Sometimes it hasn't: Torry Holt, Chad Ocho Cinco, Reggie Wayne, Joey Galloway, Joseph Addai, John Lynch, a bit of Tim Tebow. Others that don't come to mind.

So, empirically, the odds are against another Randy Moss phenomenon.

I agree, while the decision will be tough, there are enough roster spots in play to find someone to release:
RB Joey Iosefa - Pats have parted ways with RB's before after a single big game.
TE Asante Cleveland - good odds he makes the practice squad and Chandler may return soon. Four TE's is a luxury at this time of the season.
DT Ishmaa'ily Kitchen or Sealver Siliga - Brown, Hicks, Branch playing well; neither Kitchen nor Siliga in much of a rotation - 5 DT's is also a luxury.
LB/ST Jonathan Freeny/Jon Bostic/Darius Fleming - some concern with the lingering knee issue for Hightower, but they have six LB's and their defense often runs on two. As noted, Freeny could go to IR. Haven't seen anything special from Bostic or Fleming.
S Tavon Wilson - Seven safeties? They can make do with six, even with McCourty injured. Or IR Chung - which you hate to do - if it's remotely serious. Harmon, Richards, Ebner played a lot. Brandon King is the gunner. Lots of depth here.

hate to rain on some's parade, but sjax looked slower than blount last year. I don't think he got any faster sitting out until now. Hopefully he has a few drops left in the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents