PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steve Young on PTI: Pats are the only Must Watch TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watch for the Pats to win.

Ravens to lose
Jets to lose.
Implosion by both fan bases.

Nothing else entertains me about the NFL.

Except cheerleader crotch shots. That also brings a smile to my face.
I've noticed that there aren't many teams who really allow much skin to be shown on their cheerleaders anymore. I'm guessing it's an attempt to make things more family friendly and attract more women viewers.

I'm not complaining...oh, wait. Yes, I am. ;)

I've compartmentalized my love of football and my profound dislike of the league itself. I'm the sort of football fan who gets pumped about the HoF Game (when they don't cancel it last second after tricking fans into buying concessions) just because it means football. I watch Redzone unless the Pats are on and then I watch SNF, MNF and TNF.

I never turn off Pats games but I'll turn off the other games if they get boring and holy hell I've turned off a lot of games this year. It's a really bad year for neutral football viewing.

I suppose the same argument could be made for fans like myself who enjoy throwing a couple of hundred bucks into a sports book account from time to time.

As you said, viewing certainly isn't mandatory and it's obviously not going to change the outcome of a game, but it allows one to have some rooting interest in a game they normally wouldn't care about.
Yeah I get it. But when you talk about a "rooting interest" you aren't talking about the team. For example if the QB throws an 80 TD pass to the receiver you DON'T have on your FF team, it means nothing to you. So your rooting interest is limited to the specific player, and I, at least, wouldn't find that enough to reason to watch a game that I didn't have an overriding reason to watch.

I still remember him and schelerth when spygate broke, were so stupid saying, pats are taking the videotaping done from the sideline into halftime and making adjustments watching the tape and it then becomes so easy for the QB to play knowing where the blitz etc is coming from.

Yea the mere idea of it is hilarious, to think that they could take a VHS tape into the locker room, edit it down, watch every single play and memorize each signal all in 15 minutes

Logic goes right out the window when dealing with these people

I've noticed that there aren't many teams who really allow much skin to be shown on their cheerleaders anymore. I'm guessing it's an attempt to make things more family friendly and attract more women viewers.

I'm not complaining...oh, wait. Yes, I am. ;)

Yep, pretty soon we'll be seeing this on the sidelines. With all this equal opportunity/transgender/gender fluidity stuff going on.

141_glee%20dress%20stag.jpg

Yep, pretty soon we'll be seeing this on the sidelines. With all this equal opportunity/transgender/gender fluidity stuff going on.

Something inside me just died.

Or maybe it was something outside me. o_O

Yea the mere idea of it is hilarious, to think that they could take a VHS tape into the locker room, edit it down, watch every single play and memorize each signal all in 15 minutes

Logic goes right out the window when dealing with these people

And that assumes that the other team doesn't adjust their signals at all during the game or from game to game.

This is fun to joke about, but you'd be amazed at how many people are stupid enough to think Alabama could win.

I dunno. There's been some years there that I think the Browns were badly enough coached that I'd bet Alabama could win a few in the season series.

I resisted to clicking for days, but after all of the positive posts on it, I had to. Glad I did. But where were all of these guys, when BB and TB where under fire? I love all of the positive reactions to the Sham that became Deflatefake, but everyone allowed the BS to continue for years. And now we hear a few podcasts doing a 180. Nobody has the sack to say anything on the major networks. And that's because they will be black balled by the league and it's minions.

He's an idiot. I like Wilbon. Maybe Kornheiser is on there for diversity or something.
Wilbon hates the Patriots, or at least he acted to when I used to watch that show. It used to be decent but turned into garbage like the rest of the bspn "analysis" shows.

hmm I guess that's one way for a guy to get on the sidelines

"I'm so tough, I won't click a link in protest!" Lol

OK Steve Young basically says: "The Patriots are better because Belichick demands that the players study the playbook instead of watching TV and demands they understand it, and shames them in front of the team if they don't get it."

Kornheiser: "Can I ask the obvious question, is that legal under the CBA or is this another case of the Patriots trying to go outside the law?"

KORNHEISER JUST ASKED IF THE PATRIOTS WERE CHEATING BY DEMANDING THEIR PLAYERS KNOW THE PLAYBOOK.

Maybe he was joking, but the audio didn't sound like it (and it's a dumb joke too). But if he was serious...that might be the worst cheating accusation I've ever heard. And there have been so many of them. WTF.

I guess that's what I get for going to ESPN. I like what Steve Young had to say, thanks OP, but god d%#*!@t I can't believe Kornheiser actually said that.
OK Steve Young basically says: "The Patriots are better because Belichick demands that the players study the playbook instead of watching TV and demands they understand it, and shames them in front of the team if they don't get it."

Kornheiser: "Can I ask the obvious question, is that legal under the CBA or is this another case of the Patriots trying to go outside the law?"

KORNHEISER JUST ASKED IF THE PATRIOTS WERE CHEATING BY DEMANDING THEIR PLAYERS KNOW THE PLAYBOOK.

Maybe he was joking, but the audio didn't sound like it (and it's a dumb joke too). But if he was serious...that might be the worst cheating accusation I've ever heard. And there have been so many of them. WTF.

I guess that's what I get for going to ESPN. I like what Steve Young had to say, thanks OP, but god d%#*!@t I can't believe Kornheiser actually said that.

In today's political correctness maniac world, all that needs to happen that a single Pats player complains, and they are all over this. :D The league is in serious trouble btw, but it will go on like it always does. It is going to be more blend, but more blend fans will watch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore