Minnesota defense
Raiders
Jets futility.

That's it. Everything else is meh.
I'll add to your it I've also been interested in

Matthew Stafford without Megatron
Antonio Brown
and the downfall of the Panthers.

I'm always looking forward to NFL Apprentice starring Bruce Arians as the chairman. Wonder which player he's gonna throw under the bus after every loss.

nfl redzone is also killing the day time game rating.

Games to watch this week?

Pats @ Bills - though the Bills are hurting you are always in danger on the road and the Bills are a winning team
Texans @ Lions - though not sexy on the surface these are 4-3 teams and though both have had stinkers both have at times look competent. Give this a maybe.
Chargers @ Broncos - This to me is interesting because the Chargers beat the Broncos before and the Charges to me seem to be a winning team that often can't get out of their own way. If they do enough this becomes very interesting. Give this a maybe.
Packers @ Falcons - The Falcons need to prove their D is superbowl caliber and GB needs to show they should be taken seriously by beating a good team (Lions don't really count). Falcons lost 2 in a row and need to respond or they will lose all the credit they built up. This could be the most interesting game of the week as a loss or win will be a statement. I think at the end we find out who is a contender and who is a pretender. Maybe both are pretenders though.
Eagles @ Cowboys - The Eagles made a big statement win knocking off the undeafeated Vikings and a duel of young QBs trending up that could be rivals for 15 years is about to play out. Just 2 pretty good teams going at it and should be great fun. This is one of the best Sunday night games so far.

So maybe 5 games worth watching but 2 could be argued not so much.

I guess its back to the good old days of sports gambling! Over-unders, sides and 3 team parlays. Where the NFL story lines write themselves! :)

Aside from watching the Pats and some mild interest in fantasy football, this has been my main reason for even tuning in every week, and I'm guessing that I'm far from alone.

From a TV show perspective, the Pats/Steelers game wasn't that much fun IMO*. But maybe that makes a point about how poor the rest of the league looks.

Also, teams like the Panthers and last year's Jets, and recently the Ravens, looked maybe they might have repeatable success or were building good long-term programs, but now sort of look like they just had some lucky seasons where things came together for a moment.

*(Glad they won, just didn't have that many thrills watching)

Last edited:
Games to watch this week?

Pats @ Bills - though the Bills are hurting you are always in danger on the road and the Bills are a winning team
Texans @ Lions - though not sexy on the surface these are 4-3 teams and though both have had stinkers both have at times look competent. Give this a maybe.
Chargers @ Broncos - This to me is interesting because the Chargers beat the Broncos before and the Charges to me seem to be a winning team that often can't get out of their own way. If they do enough this becomes very interesting. Give this a maybe.
Packers @ Falcons - The Falcons need to prove their D is superbowl caliber and GB needs to show they should be taken seriously by beating a good team (Lions don't really count). Falcons lost 2 in a row and need to respond or they will lose all the credit they built up. This could be the most interesting game of the week as a loss or win will be a statement. I think at the end we find out who is a contender and who is a pretender. Maybe both are pretenders though.
Eagles @ Cowboys - The Eagles made a big statement win knocking off the undeafeated Vikings and a duel of young QBs trending up that could be rivals for 15 years is about to play out. Just 2 pretty good teams going at it and should be great fun. This is one of the best Sunday night games so far.

So maybe 5 games worth watching but 2 could be argued not so much.

I'll take this list with the exception of Texans@Lions, that should be another stinker low scoring game not because of strong defense but because both teams are awful.

PTI used to be one of my favorite shows. I taped it every day. Now I never watch it and don't miss it it all.

I'll take this list with the exception of Texans@Lions, that should be another stinker low scoring game not because of strong defense but because both teams are awful.

You never know which games will be entertaining, if there are any of those. They've tinkered with the rules so much that it's affecting the games on the field.

But not as much for our team.

The harder the NYFL tries to keep the Pats from winning, the more of an advantage it becomes for our team on the field. That's the gloriously wonderful thing about life with B&B.

Aside from watching the Pats and some mild interest in fantasy football, this has been my main reason for even tuning in every week, and I'm guessing that I'm far from alone.
Now help me with this Sup. I DO understand FF. I have even participated and enjoyed it. However, what I don't understand is how playing FF equates with watching a game that you have no connection with, just because you have a player in that game on your fantasy team?

It's not like the points he puts up is gong to be different if you watch or not. Myself, at least, never once felt the need to watch some game simply because it included one of my players. To me, when the games were done, I just checked my scores and hoped for the best. WATCHING was never part of the equation or even the enjoyment. In the past I would watch a game that I had an interest it, but it was the GAME that was the reason, not any individual players who were in it. Now of course, I rarely watch the NFL beyone the Pats, and even when I do, it generally just during some other programming's commercials.

So while I get that FF increases the INTEREST in pro football, sometimes I wonder if FF has as big an impact on TV viewership as it is perceived.

Now help me with this Sup. I DO understand FF. I have even participated and enjoyed it. However, what I don't understand is how playing FF equates with watching a game that you have no connection with, just because you have a player in that game on your fantasy team?

It's not like the points he puts up is gong to be different if you watch or not. Myself, at least, never once felt the need to watch some game simply because it included one of my players. To me, when the games were done, I just checked my scores and hoped for the best. WATCHING was never part of the equation or even the enjoyment. In the past I would watch a game that I had an interest it, but it was the GAME that was the reason, not any individual players who were in it. Now of course, I rarely watch the NFL beyone the Pats, and even when I do, it generally just during some other programming's commercials.

So while I get that FF increases the INTEREST in pro football, sometimes I wonder if FF has as big an impact on TV viewership as it is perceived.

I think you're going to watch because you have to be your own scout -- which players are you going to draft/add/drop/sit? And you need league-wide knowledge for that.

Kornheiser is a douche for that CBA comment.

Thanks but sorry, can't do it.

Agreed, this just pisses me off.

How about an admission that the NFL* owes the Pats, and Brady, an apology, and they need to return the stolen draft picks?

It isn't cheating, and it never was.

It is excellence, hard work, and attention to detail.

As great as the Pats have been they could have even more Lombardis if the NFL* hadn't been persecuting the Pats for winning all these years.

And YOU, Steve Young, we're right there on the side of the cheating NFL* through Defamegate.

**** you and your cheating WR, Jerry Rice!

It's not like the points he puts up is gong to be different if you watch or not.
You just described every single sporting event ever played. Patriots are going to win or lose whether you watch or not, so why watch?

IMHO, the biggest reason for the ratings decline is because of the sharp decline in DFS activity. You lose a lot of people who might otherwise watch a game. And yes, people will watch games just to see how their fantasy player is doing, especially when there's money involved.

OK Steve Young basically says: "The Patriots are better because Belichick demands that the players study the playbook instead of watching TV and demands they understand it, and shames them in front of the team if they don't get it."

Kornheiser: "Can I ask the obvious question, is that legal under the CBA or is this another case of the Patriots trying to go outside the law?"

KORNHEISER JUST ASKED IF THE PATRIOTS WERE CHEATING BY DEMANDING THEIR PLAYERS KNOW THE PLAYBOOK.

Maybe he was joking, but the audio didn't sound like it (and it's a dumb joke too). But if he was serious...that might be the worst cheating accusation I've ever heard. And there have been so many of them. WTF.

I guess that's what I get for going to ESPN. I like what Steve Young had to say, thanks OP, but god d%#*!@t I can't believe Kornheiser actually said that.
He's an idiot. I like Wilbon. Maybe Kornheiser is on there for diversity or something.

I suppose the same argument could be made for fans like myself who enjoy throwing a couple of hundred bucks into a sports book account from time to time.

As you said, viewing certainly isn't mandatory and it's obviously not going to change the outcome of a game, but it allows one to have some rooting interest in a game they normally wouldn't care about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore