PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stevan Ridley signs with the Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kid signed a 1 year deal, and decided it was a good time to cover his other forearm in a jets tattoo. I always heard BB liked smart players. maybe there is another reason hes gone.

In his defense, and this will be the only time I defend Ridley because he's the ENEMY now, but he's one of those guys that is covered in tattoos from head to toe... so I think it makes sense for him to want to tattoo his NFL journey onto his body that has like a bajillion tattoos on it..

He's still a Jet though, so f#&k him.

Always liked Ridley, I'm gonna miss him. I like Blount and all but I preferred Ridley's running style, though his lack of breakout runs was frustrating. Would've loved to have an improvement at number 1 RB with Ridley as a change of pace back. Oh well.

In his defense, and this will be the only time I defend Ridley because he's the ENEMY now, but he's one of those guys that is covered in tattoos from head to toe... so I think it makes sense for him to want to tattoo his NFL journey onto his body that has like a bajillion tattoos on it..

Exactly the way I see it too. It'd be tough to have all of those tattoos and not include your current team, especially when you have a Patriots logo.

Either way, he's a Jet now so screw him. He doesn't get the benefit of the doubt like other ex-Pats do.

If his career is equal to JT. O'Sullivan career regarding the number of teams, he will need to save space on the pattern and letter font to fit all.

@RavensInsider: Stevan Ridley one-yr Jets deal: $1.25M, $80K bonus, $750K salary, $20K roster bonus 1st game, $21,875 a game active bonus, $50K workout bon.

BB viewed Ridley as near worthless.

@RavensInsider: Stevan Ridley one-yr Jets deal: $1.25M, $80K bonus, $750K salary, $20K roster bonus 1st game, $21,875 a game active bonus, $50K workout bon.

Yea its pretty telling of how he viewed Ridley when the Jets signed him for it just a little more than vet minimum on a 1 year deal.

They have cap space too, and might have even more if they restructure Mayos deal and extend Solder and/or Ghostkowski

Am i wrong or he got less than Bolden ( average 2015/2016 money i mean) ?

I never got this Ridley love, he was an ok RB for us, you can even consider him a good one but people always stick to 1200 yard season and it was 1 out of 4 seasons. With opposite defenses always worried about the HOF QB calling the plays any decent RB can get close to this mark when he is the primary runner of the team with a reasonable amount of touches.

BB will draft a RB and we won't miss Ridley within 6 months.

Yea its pretty telling of how he viewed Ridley when the Jets signed him for it just a little more than vet minimum on a 1 year deal.

They have cap space too, and might have even more if they restructure Mayos deal and extend Solder and/or Ghostkowski

Got to be a plan in place here, because he would've provided fine value at that kind of one-year price. I won't be surprised if we address this with one of the first 5 selections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye