PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stevan Ridley Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He seemed to have put in the effort this year no turnovers in the first 6 games sad to see him injured in a contract year. I wish him well here or elsewhere.

Always liked him even through the fumbles. Kid runs hard and hits the gap good. Gonna miss seeing him kicking the door down :(

I absolutely love his energy and how much he wants to be great. I wish him a full and speedy recovery.

I actually think we could be pleasantly surprised and see Ridley back on a friendly deal. He doesn't seem like the type who thinks he's worth more than he is. He's a team player. Best back we have had in ten years and that shouldn't be overlooked.

We'd be stupid to let this guy walk.

Is it am acl, as in confirmed? Or do we not know yet

Ridley has been vastly under-appreciated. And honestly, I'm not a fan of pulling a guy when he fumbles. When Belichick screws up a challenge, does he leave the stadium and let Josh take over? Ridley will be a lot harder to replace than people think.

I actually think we could be pleasantly surprised and see Ridley back on a friendly deal. He doesn't seem like the type who thinks he's worth more than he is. He's a team player. Best back we have had in ten years and that shouldn't be overlooked.

We'd be stupid to let this guy walk.

I clicked on List to see what git would Dislike this post... and noticed it was me!

Damn these schizophrenic alternate personalities! ;)

Out for year per Mike Reiss.

I always felt Ridley got too much hate here. He is a solid RB. He will be missed.

I fully expect him to sign with another team on an one year deal next year. He is going to want to go to a place where he has a shot to be a featured RB and let him rush 25-30 times a game so he can try to cash in during the 2016 offseason. He won't get that here where the Pats don't typically run just one RB as a featured back all game, game in and game out.
I believe it is MORE likely that he will return to the Pats next season. BB likes guys who think football is important to them and ALSO take coaching. Ridley like Faulk before him had a fumbling problem and Coach Belichick forced them both to correct their ball handling, which they did. That gains credit in BB's eyes.

Ironically BB the economist, sets a value at all positions, so he can afford a full team. Were he healthy, Ridley might have exceeded the budget, but now that is less likely. I hope for an Edelmen outcome.

He never once blamed anyone or anything else for his fumbling woes. He never tried to downplay the problem, he never sulked, he just "manned up" and took responsibility. He's always struck me as a stand up kid and I hope he's back here next year better than ever.
Wholeheartedly agree. Get Well Steve.

Initially I thought there was no way he'd return. But looking into it I could actually see him coming back next year on a surprisingly cheap deal. I think alot of teams will get scared off by his injury/fumble history. Hopefully he can come back for us, I really like him. He was pretty phenomenal at many points in 2012.

I feel horrible for SR. As a free agent next year, he'll likely have to sign a low 1 year deal and have to "prove" he's healthy before he can make some real coin the following year. So close to being a healthy FA with skills.....and now this. Pro football can be cruel.

Ridley is one of my favorite players, and people, in the NFL. He's one of the good guys. It sucks that he may have played his last game here.

Fun fact:

Stevan Ridley is one of two RB's in the NFL with over 90 carries and 0 fumbles in 2014.

I seriously hope we re-sign him. He's the only pure RB this team has. I don't see much in James White (projected 7th rounder-UDFA yet we took him in 4th round). He's more a pass catching, speed RB than a between the tackles guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents