PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steelers - Easiest schedule in football hands down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great comeback Tippett. I wonder if you even know who that is. You were probably looking for an old-school sounding handle for your Patsfans.com account after you jumped on the bandwagon so you went online to do a little research. LOL.
No MORON! Actually Andre Tippett played for my alma mater when I was a freshman in college. As for you, you know nothing. Actually, you know less than nothing, spewing your garbage on this message board. You can take your hostility and shove it up your ASS!

This year? Not so much. 2005? Only knocking off the top 3 seeded teams in the AFC playoffs on the road way to the Super Bowl. How did you guys do that year? Oh yeah......Jake Plummer sent you home. LOL.

we beat your face in 23-20 on your home field in 2005...seems you conveniently forgot

The Chargers were struggling when you played them. They still aren't all that. The Eagles? They exposed your defense but they still aren't a winning team this year.

Again, two recycled QB's in a row picked apart your defense.

I believe we put up 87 points on two teams you couldn't put 20 COMBINED points on.... AND you lost to the JETS, which by ANY count is more pathetic then ALMOST losing to anyone. :singing:

I think the Steelers played up and down to their opponents, so yes. I was afraid of a team that would lose the Phins game then come back and beat the Pats. Those teams usually don't go all the way. The ONLY reason the Phins game was low scoring was becuase there was no offense on either side do to field conditions.

I have no excuse for the Jets and Broncos games (do you have one for losing to MIA last year?). We don't need an answer for either. It just happens. Every year it happens. Personally, I don't think the Card loss was as bad a reflection on the team as it's being made out to be.

By the same token, we would have blown out the Ravens had it not been blowing 35 MPH and we had our normal passin attack going. Nice logic :rolleyes:

Hmmm let's do the math. First of all i'd like to say hello from Stillers.com (where you can go to get your rear ends handed to you by a REAL knowledgeable fanbase). I'd also like to say that we all know that not a single one of you was representing or rooting for the Cheatriots prior to 2001 and you're all representing the biggest bandwagon jumping fanbase in the history of professional sport. I also know that some of my Stiller.com brethren were here earlier handing you guys your ***es and were banned for it. You guys talk pretty big for a team that has a combined record of 62-70 (not counting the Bills twice). Not exactly a stellar lineup of convincing talent. Best team ever? Nope. Any Steeler team of the 70's would squash the 2007 Patriots like a grape. There are 9 Hall of Famers from those Championship teams. How many for the Pats Super Bowl* teams? ONE. Brady. That's it. In fact, if that panty-waist Brady faced Jack Lambert or Joe Greene he'd be deceased by the end of the 1st quarter. Don't ever presume to put the Cheatriots in the same company as the storied Pittsburgh Steelers franchise. Make it happen for another couple of decades (without the cheating) and maybe you can put yourselves in our category. Until then, you're all just a bunch of Johnny Come Lately's. Mmmkay?

troll.jpg

Last edited:
And it's a shame we never got to return the favor.......as we embarrassed the team that pimpsmacked your team right out of the playoffs.......and in THEIR house. We would've done the same to you. But don't worry, we'll return the favor on Sunday when we end the career of your golden boy pocket Qb who's about as valuable as an ********* on one's elbow once the pocket collapses. Biggest F-ing pansy in the league once the pocket collapses. god forbid he risk a big hit outside the pocket to make a play like some other other QB's in this league. Hell, Brett Favre at 38 years old is tougher than the Foxboro Fashion Plate.

Coming from a guy who roots for big ben!?!?

...your golden boy pocket Qb who's about as valuable as an ********* on one's elbow once the pocket collapses. Biggest F-ing pansy in the league once the pocket collapses. god forbid he risk a big hit outside the pocket to make a play like some other other QB's in this league.
Wow, I can tell you really watch the games! :eek:

You need only watch Monday's game to know how truly idiotic you sound.

That's pretty funny coming from the "fan" of a team that had to scrape and claw past the lowly and pathetic Ravens while we spanked them 38-7 on Monday Night. And how about those Eagles? YEEEESS, a real test to be sure. Don't kid yourselves. You're nowhere near being the "best team in NFL history". Those titles are reserved for COMPLETE football teams on all sides of the ball. Your special teams is nothing special and your defense is practically just made AJ Feeley and Kyel Boller look like future HOFers.

I'm sorry but you're dumb. You picked two games this year that the Patriots have had trouble with and conclude that they are nowhere near the best team of all time. Well, lets talk about your 1978 Pittsburge Steelers then. They finished the season 14-2 (yep 2 more losses than the Pats currently have) and two of there wins were by 3 points against a 4-12 KC team and by 1 point against a 4-12 Cincinatti team. So, all the great teams have had tough games. Name me one team that steamrolled through the league undefeated. Oh, you can't? Your argument is stupid. If the Patriots go undefeated, they will certainly be in at least the conversation of the greatest team of all time.

You obviously haven't been watching Patriot games if you think our special teams isn't good. We have a solid KR, our coverage teams are generally outstanding, and our kicker has a strong let. Our only weakness on special teams is our punter, but we don't punt. And he's actually had some pretty solid games of late (with the exception of the very windy Baltimore game).

and now a word from Howard Cosell...

"...down goes Reaper!....down goes Reaper...!"

yeah...that 15 yard scramble in the 4th quarter for a first down never happened...see many UFO's out there in western Pennsylvania?

4th and 6 at BLT 35 (1:48) (Shotgun) T.Brady scrambles up the middle to BLT 23 for 12 yards (R.Lewis).

"can't make plays outside the pocket!!!!"..cries the Intergalactic Moron From Pencildumbia

Last edited:
good one...don't respond to just being caught lying like a rug..really buttresses your credibility

Don't ever try to make him out to be a QB who can scramble and make plays once the pocket breaks down.

you're NOT the Reaper who just posted this?

Let's not...we'd rather have the FORTY TD's and the 5000 yards passing...feel free to run out into oncoming traffic if it's a "pouning" you want so desperately

personally, my steeltown comrades, I think Ben running around is terrible. It means our OL sucks, our blocking schemes aren't working, our offensive coordinator is a ******* idiot, and our franchise QB is going to get creamed.

seasons like that make me angry.

you THINK your playing a three loss team.

but you are NOW playing the one loss fluke loss btw team....
What's the Steelers record?
What's the Patriots record?

"You are what your record says you are" - Bill Parcells

Most overrated 9-3 record in the history of this league:

Pitt has had the easiest schedule in football: Check this out

Sunday, Sept. 9 @ Browns W 34-7 (1-0)
Sunday, Sept 16 vs. Bills W 26-3 (2-0)
Sunday, Sept. 23 vs. 49ers W 37-16 (3-0)
Sunday, Sept. 30 @ Cardinals L 21-14 (3-1)
Sunday, Oct. 7 vs. Seahawks W 21-0 (4-1)
Sunday, Oct. 14 Bye Week
Sunday, Oct. 21 @ Broncos L 31-28 (4-2)
Sunday, Oct. 28 @ Bengals W 24-13 (5-2)
Monday, Nov. 5 vs. Ravens W 38-7 (6-2)
Sunday, Nov. 11 vs. Browns W 31-28 (7-2)
Sunday, Nov. 18* @ Jets L 19-16 (7-3)
Monday, Nov. 26 vs. Dolphins W 3-0 (8-3)
Sunday, Dec. 2* vs. Bengals W 24-10 (9-3)

Has there been a weaker schedule in the history of this league, I don't think so.

Come on Black and gold fans, try and defend this schedule, how could you even lose 3 games on this list, they're all Pop Warner teams.
it's almost unreal. That might be the easiest schedule I have ever seen. Not just this year, any year, for any team. I wish I knew Hodges e-mail address so I could keep e-mailing him your thread, lol. Then to still lose 3. It really can't get funnier.

That's right. The 05 Colts were 13-0.....and lost to a Steeler team that started 7-5 in the first round of the playoffs (and went on to win the SuperBowl). Your regular season record doesn't mean sh*t.
Well I wouldn't say it doesn't mean ****.
It means an awful lot when it comes to playoff seeding.
And by the way, you're on a Patriots site, not a Colts site. I could give 2 ****s what the Jesus Freaks did in 05. Talk about refs trying to hand someone a game, Pittsburgh should have won that game by 2 TDs, easily.

And the Patriots were 5-5 before running the table in 01, since we're talking history.

tommychipmunk your head coach will think the same....we are who our record says we are...and when we hit 7-5....i guess we were out of it....

pats are now patsys....its over...pats are worn out...done....toast....
yea...nice record....guess what...we hit 15-1 on big bens rookie season and didnt win it all....

the next year we had a horrible record and STEAMROLLED THE ENTIRE NFL TO A SUPERBOWL VICTORY. only the PITTSBURGH STEELERS can do that and DO IT AGAIN

Would you mind re-typing this in English?

I think most teams would take a 9-3 record. They only play the games the NFL schedules. The team schedule when it's made usually is on how those teams fare the previous season and the intra-league stuff + division. 3 of our last 4 games are hard and I think this is not the easiest sched.

It's probably not, but it's not the strongest.

That said, these discussions are, in a word, dumb. Steelers still had to win 9 games, and they did. 9-3 is a very good record. You can only play who's on your schedule.

THAT said. The Jets. That's just an ugly loss Steeler fan. I know "any given Sunday" and what not, but be honest with yourselves Steelerfan, and maybe we can talk some football.

You mention the Patriots "almost" lost twice. Ok, fact remains, they still won those games.

If you're honest, Steelerfan, you'll admit that your Steelers haven't exactly been setting the world on fire the last month or so. The Dolphins game gets a pass from me, because of the conditions, and the fact Willie Parker forgot how to carry a football.

Still, the best team the Steelers have played in a month was the Browns, which the Steelers escaped with a home win. Loss in OT to the Jets, which is, let's face it, a VERY bad football team. The last-second win in the muck against the worst team in football; and a game the Steelers tried to give away to a team with no defense, in the Bengals, who couldn't complete a pass to save their lives.

So convince me as to how the Steelers will magically pull it all together and play up to their potential against the Patriots; when they've been mediocre for an entire month, if you would.

I;ve yet to see Brady risk his body to get extra yards. He hates contact, his behavior after a sack or pressure is there for the world to see. His body language speaks volumes. To me he not one I want QB'ing my team. I'll take Ben any day.

You can't be serious, you have to be kidding me. You would take Ben "Pick"Burger over what will go down when his career is finished "the greatest QB to put on pads". Please stop fooling yourself. Mellon-head Roethlisberger will be good for 2 to 3 picks this Sunday. Brady is the most accurate passer to walk on the gridiron, he's going to chew up that secondary on Sunday, enjoy the festivities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft