PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steelers - Easiest schedule in football hands down

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one said Pitt can't give us a game, we know they can. All this thread is doing is pointing out that this Pittsburgh team MIGHT not be as great as this over-inflated 9-3 record might indicate based on the complete list of crap teams, week after week that they had to play. Simply stating facts.

If the Steelers went on the road like we did and beat either the Cowboys or the Colts, then my respect for them would be thru the roof. They've won 9 games against Division 2 teams and actually lost 3 games to Division 3 teams.

By stating week after week, you mean EVERY GAME. That means that EIGHT of your games were "CRAPPY". And the four that are not part of your schedule, THREE of those are a combined 19-17, and TWO are playoff teams (if they were to start today). What the hell else do you want them to do??

I didn't think we were comparing game for game the strength of these two teams' schedules.
If you didn't think we were comparing game for game the SOS, then why post this?
DUDE. EIGHT of these GAMES are on the PATS schedule as well. The teams NOT on Pats schedule are:

NINERS (BAD)
CARDINALS (6-6) In the hunt
SEATTLE (8-4) Will win their Division and make playoffs. Top ten team by some accounts
DONKS (5-7)

So, eight common games, and those 4. I fail to see what you are seeing.

For the elite teams, most of the games on their schedule can be classified as "gimmies". All you need to do is look at the Colts schedule to see that this is the case.

The fact is, the Pats will have played most of the best teams in the league when all is said and done, and Pitts' schedule falls a bit short in comparison.

By stating week after week, you mean EVERY GAME. That means that EIGHT of your games were "CRAPPY". And the four that are not part of your schedule, THREE of those are a combined 19-17, and TWO are playoff teams (if they were to start today). What the hell else do you want them to do??

What do I want them to do, try playing Dallas or Indy on the road and come out with a win, huh, try doing that.

Two are playoff teams, ah ok, TRY 2 ARE THE #2 AND #3 TEAMS IN FOOTBALL, DON'T TRY AND MASK THAT.

How about this, TRY BEATING THE JETS, CARDINALS OR BRONCOS, IS THAT TOO HARD TO ASK?

Last edited by a moderator:
I notice you had no comment about your team losing to the Jets, Cardinals or Broncos, Not to mention that piss-poor schedule. I'm not surprised.

Answer me this, do you think your Steeler team could go into Dallas and Indy and win like we did, be honest?

I think the Steelers played up and down to their opponents, so yes. I was afraid of a team that would lose the Phins game then come back and beat the Pats. Those teams usually don't go all the way. The ONLY reason the Phins game was low scoring was becuase there was no offense on either side do to field conditions.

I have no excuse for the Jets and Broncos games (do you have one for losing to MIA last year?). We don't need an answer for either. It just happens. Every year it happens. Personally, I don't think the Card loss was as bad a reflection on the team as it's being made out to be.

What do I want them to do, try playing Dallas or Indy on the road and come out with a win, huh, try doing that.

Two are playoff teams, ah ok, TRY 2 ARE THE #2 AND #3 TEAMS IN FOOTBALL, DON'T TRY AND MASK THAT.

How about this, TRY BEATING THE JETS, CARDINALS OR BRONCOS, IS THAT TOO HARD TO ASK?

Well, what about the Cowboys and Colts schedules?

If you didn't think we were comparing game for game the SOS, then why post this?

For the elite teams, most of the games on their schedule can be classified as "gimmies". All you need to do is look at the Colts schedule to see that this is the case.

The fact is, the Pats will have played most of the best teams in the league when all is said and done, and Pitts' schedule falls a bit short in comparison.
DUDE, you didn't say "Pats schedule much more difficult than Steelers" Had you done that, then that is calling for a direct comparison. You said "Steelers - Easiest schedule in football hands down". When you say that, then you have to at minimum, compare their schedule with at least ONE OTHER team. I chose Pats. And AGAIN, a full 2/3rds of your schedules are common games. Three of your four others were against playoff teams. 2 of their 4 were. So, while I acknowledge Pats have had a tougher schedule, all of this will mean squat come Sunday. Your better argument is to pull Sagarins SOS into the argument, but then of course you would see that the Colts' rank 11th, and the Pats 14th:p , BUT, IIRC, it WOULD make your point that Steelers are 32nd:eek:

EDIT:Oops, you're 16th!!

Last edited:

The Broncos are god awful this year.

I think the Steelers played up and down to their opponents, so yes. I was afraid of a team that would lose the Phins game then come back and beat the Pats. Those teams usually don't go all the way. The ONLY reason the Phins game was low scoring was becuase there was no offense on either side do to field conditions.

I have no excuse for the Jets and Broncos games (do you have one for losing to MIA last year?). We don't need an answer for either. It just happens. Every year it happens. Personally, I don't think the Card loss was as bad a reflection on the team as it's being made out to be.

Fair enough, just like the Pats struggled the last 2 weeks against teams that really got up to play them. It happens. But for anyone to take the Pats lightly because of what happened the last 2 weeks, they're fooling themselves. If anything, these two games taught that Pats how to play and win in the end against physical teams and it will help them this week against another physical team. Plus they're at home and that combined with Anthony Smith's comments, man I like our chances.

BB and the Pats know if they win Sunday, it's 16-0, because the Giants will be resting players not the Pats on that last game, we'll already have our buy, and BB will want the players to be sharp already having a week off after that game. The motivation for the Steeler game will be tremendous. If the Steelers walk out of Foxboro and beat the Pats, I will tip my hat to them and actually favor them to beat the Colts in the RCA Dome in January.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fair enough, just like the Pats struggled the last 2 weeks against teams that really got up to play them. It happens. But for anyone to take the Pats lightly because of what happened the last 2 weeks, they're fooling themselves. If anything, these two games taught that Pats how to play and win in the end against physical teams and it will help them this week against another physical team. Plus they're at home and that combined with Anthony Smith's comments, man I like our chances.

BB and the Pats know if they win Sunday, it's 16-0, because the Giants will be resting players not the Pats on that last game, we'll already have our buy, and BB will want the players to be sharp already having a week off after that game. The motivation for the Steeler game will be tremendous. If the Steelers walk out of Foxboro and beat the Pats, I will tip my hat to them and actually favor them to beat the Colts in the RCA Dome in January.

Whoa! I never said anything about taking the Pats lightly. We have more to lose/gain and prove by winning or losing this game than do the Pats though.

Gotta run. Have a nice night.

ooops...the Colts losing a fixed game in their house has driven "TheyBeatMyBrainsIn" completely and utterly insane with jealousy and hate

DUDE, you didn't say "Pats schedule much more difficult than Steelers" Had you done that, then that is calling for a direct comparison. You said "Steelers - Easiest schedule in football hands down". When you say that, then you have to at minimum, compare their schedule with at least ONE OTHER team. I chose Pats. And AGAIN, a full 2/3rds of your schedules are common games. Three of your four others were against playoff teams. 2 of their 4 were. So, while I acknowledge Pats have had a tougher schedule, all of this will mean squat come Sunday. Your better argument is to pull Sagarins SOS into the argument, but then of course you would see that the Colts' rank 11th, and the Pats 14th:p , BUT, IIRC, it WOULD make your point that Steelers are 32nd:eek:EDIT:Oops, you're 16th!!
DUDE, I didn't say anything, since I'm not the OP. I merely pointed out that one of your posts seemed to contradict the other.

That 33% difference you gloss over is just a bit key, since most of the league are also-rans -- excluding the Colts, Cowboys, Steelers and Green Bay. As for 2 of their 4 other games being against playoff teams... as you point out in this thread, the Cardinals are a playoff team. Big deal.

Yes, the Colts have a stronger SOS, but last time I checked they also have two more losses than the Pats, including the one we handed 'em. Have fun with that.

Last edited:
Most overrated 9-3 record in the history of this league:

Pitt has had the easiest schedule in football: Check this out

Sunday, Sept. 9 @ Browns W 34-7 (1-0)
Sunday, Sept 16 vs. Bills W 26-3 (2-0)
Sunday, Sept. 23 vs. 49ers W 37-16 (3-0)
Sunday, Sept. 30 @ Cardinals L 21-14 (3-1)
Sunday, Oct. 7 vs. Seahawks W 21-0 (4-1)
Sunday, Oct. 14 Bye Week
Sunday, Oct. 21 @ Broncos L 31-28 (4-2)
Sunday, Oct. 28 @ Bengals W 24-13 (5-2)
Monday, Nov. 5 vs. Ravens W 38-7 (6-2)
Sunday, Nov. 11 vs. Browns W 31-28 (7-2)
Sunday, Nov. 18* @ Jets L 19-16 (7-3)
Monday, Nov. 26 vs. Dolphins W 3-0 (8-3)
Sunday, Dec. 2* vs. Bengals W 24-10 (9-3)

Has there been a weaker schedule in the history of this league, I don't think so.

Come on Black and gold fans, try and defend this schedule, how could you even lose 3 games on this list, they're all Pop Warner teams.

It it what it is. The NFL sets the schedules, not the teams. That schedule is a product of a very mediocre 8 & 8 season last year. I suppose you've never had one?? There are two games on there that we lost that I am so upset about. This team has a tendency to play down to the competition. I only hope we are able to give your guys a good game this weekend...

Make it happen for another couple of decades (without the cheating) and maybe you can put yourselves in our category. Until then, you're all just a bunch of Johnny Come Lately's. Mmmkay?
Does "cheating" include the introduction of steroids to the NFL? Those boys got big real fast in the 70's... Mmmkay...

DUDE, I didn't say anything, since I'm not the OP. I merely pointed out that one of your posts seemed to contradict the other.

That 33% difference you gloss over is just a bit key, since most of the league are also-rans -- excluding the Colts, Cowboys, Steelers and Green Bay. As for 2 of their 4 other games being against playoff teams... as you point out in this thread, the Cardinals are a playoff team. Big deal.

Yes, the Colts have a stronger SOS, but last time I checked they also have two more losses than the Pats, including the one we handed 'em. Have fun with that.
What's the "OP"?? You seem to be "glossing over" the fact that eight games are alike. If their schedule is crap, so is yours. Yes, you are right, if we are speaking of who has the better record, the Pats do, that is an easy one. But again, we are not talking about records, are we. Perhaps if the Pats had a more difficult schedule, they would have a loss or two themselves.

Hmmm let's do the math. First of all i'd like to say hello from Stillers.com (where you can go to get your rear ends handed to you by a REAL knowledgeable fanbase). I'd also like to say that we all know that not a single one of you was representing or rooting for the Cheatriots prior to 2001 and you're all representing the biggest bandwagon jumping fanbase in the history of professional sport. I also know that some of my Stiller.com brethren were here earlier handing you guys your ***es and were banned for it. You guys talk pretty big for a team that has a combined record of 62-70 (not counting the Bills twice). Not exactly a stellar lineup of convincing talent. Best team ever? Nope. Any Steeler team of the 70's would squash the 2007 Patriots like a grape. There are 9 Hall of Famers from those Championship teams. How many for the Pats Super Bowl* teams? ONE. Brady. That's it. In fact, if that panty-waist Brady faced Jack Lambert or Joe Greene he'd be deceased by the end of the 1st quarter. Don't ever presume to put the Cheatriots in the same company as the storied Pittsburgh Steelers franchise. Make it happen for another couple of decades (without the cheating) and maybe you can put yourselves in our category. Until then, you're all just a bunch of Johnny Come Lately's. Mmmkay?

Wow. For someone who says he's from such a knowledgeable fan base, you really don't know much.

One HOF from the superbowl teams? really? I'm pretty sure Vinatieri is going to be in the HOF. Corey Dillon has a shot to be in the HOF. Ty Law has a shot to be in the HOF. Willie McGinnest has a small chance to be in the HOF. BB will be in the HOF. Its too early to tell for some other players like Richard Seymour, Asante Samuel, Vince Wilfork, etc.

It was also a lot easier to build a team full of HOF back then without free agency and salary cap restrictions. Therefore, your argument is stupid.

Finally, do you have any idea where 12 of the losses of the Patriots opponents have come from. Hmmm..let me think, how about from the Patriots. How many wins did opponents get from the Patriots. Hmm..let me think, how about 0. So, take out games played against the patriots and you get a record of 62-58. I think that's a little more impressive, don't you? Not to mention, they played and beat the 2nd and 3rd best teams in the league in their house.

Last edited:
Does "cheating" include the introduction of steroids to the NFL? Those boys got big real fast in the 70's... Mmmkay...

Once again, Steroids were not illegal in the 70's as there was no rule not to use them. And I suppose you think that only the Steelers were using them? Cheating means to break a rule to take advantage. The Steelers did not do that. What the patriots got out of the camera deal we will never know since the NFL opted to destroy the films before anyone could see what they contained. But the fact remains, The pat's did break a rule and the were fined accordingly.... You have no argument .....

Last edited:
What's the "OP"?? You seem to be "glossing over" the fact that eight games are alike. If their schedule is crap, so is yours. Yes, you are right, if we are speaking of who has the better record, the Pats do, that is an easy one. But again, we are not talking about records, are we. Perhaps if the Pats had a more difficult schedule, they would have a loss or two themselves.
The "OP" is typically an abbreviation for the "Original Poster". I refuse to be taken to task for every post on this board.
:D

As I have already said, for the elite teams most of the games on their schedule can be classified as "gimmies". The fact is that the Pats will have played most of the best teams in the league when all is said and done, and Pitt's schedule falls a bit short in comparison. Insert "Colt's" where you read "Pitt's" in the previous sentence and you'll have your answer.

As for playoff teams, did the Colts play the Cowboys and beat them in their house? No. Did they play the Pats and the Chargers and beat them? DOH!

Once again, Steroids were not illegal in the 70's as there was no rule not to use them. And I suppose you think that only the Steelers were using them? Cheating means to break a rule to take advantage. The Steelers did not do that. What the patriots got out of the camera deal we will never know since the NFL opted to destroy the films before anyone could see what they contained. But the fact remains, The pat's did break a rule and the were fined accordingly.... You have no argument .....
And we'll never know what advantage the Steelers gained by using steroids, will we? The only reason there wasn't a rule was because no one had done it before to the extent they had. Semantics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back