PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steeler fan getting punched right behind me at last nights game

Status
Not open for further replies.
A fight at a football game? Shocking! Back in the old days that was usually more entertaining than the game on the field.

i was in sec 121 row 9 and there was a steeler fan behind me. everyone was giving him ****. The play where moss dropped it, threw it back to brady and then TD to gaffney, a pats fan 5 rows up jumped down the seats and punched him in the head. he was rip **** saying all this **** about pats fans. finally the police came and kicked the guy out...crazy out there for opposing fans

Unfortunately there are a-holes in every crowd. I'm all for verbal abuse, though. :D

Sh*t talking is one thing, sucker punching is a whole other story.

I was at the Bills-Pats game in Buffalo this year, and if there ever was going to be a fight it was at that blowout...yet I didn't see a single incident in the stands. I'm all for a little verbal sparring, but fighting is so juvenile and unnecessary--especially when it's from someone who isn't seated near you (as it appears was the case here).

This thread will end up as the topic "Classless Pats Fans" on every other team's message boards for the next several years quoting only the initial post.

Yeah I have no desire to go to a venue where the opposing fans get punched, sorry. I was the opposing fan last year when the Pats played the Jags and it would have really sucked for my daughter and I to have felt physically threatened. We took alot of grief verbally but it was generally good natured and of course expected, people punching fans of opposing teams is pretty lame.

That's ridiculous. Fans who fight in the stands should get a life and a perspective. The guy that punched the Steeler fan should get thrown in jail.
i coudnt agree more .hes lucky he wasnt arrested .imagine all the money wasted on a lawyer because you wanted to punch some stupid steeler fan .

Correct me if I'm wrong, but all the guy did was relate a story.

What's with all of the morality lessons today?

Second Post by Fixit:

"You made a value judgment when you asked him if he helped out the police. You just did so again when you said "slugger hero" (which you pulled out of thin air for reasons known only to you) which doesn't come close to anything B2M said. In fact, he didn't state an opinion other than it was "crazy for opposing fans."

In the last hour, I've now learned that I shouldn't a) have an opinion about anyone I don't personally know, and b) relate any story in which there may be some objectionable behavior, even if I don't condone said behavior.

Any more rules, and I'll have to start writing them down.

So when YOU are a witness to a physical assault of an innocent person, and the police show up and take the VICTIM away, you think it's OK to just watch and let the attacker stay?

Sorry if I'm being "judgemental".

That's ridiculous. Fans who fight in the stands should get a life and a perspective. The guy that punched the Steeler fan should get thrown in jail.

I got into a fight in the stands. But it wasn't my fault. I agree with you.

But then you're sitting there, and the next thing you know, some jerk...

Why post it? He wasn't relating news. Relating news is telling us who is on the injury report.

His presentation makes it look like he thought it was funny or cool. I don't agree.

If I go see a game in another stadium, I don't want to get sucker punched by some drunk, imature, cowardly A.S.S clown.

I'm not sorry if that sounds like a morality lesson.

So when YOU see an innocent person physically assaulted, and the police show up and take the VICTIM away, you think it's OK to just watch and let the assaulter stay?

Yeah. That's totally how I roll.

I also roll like this: :rolleyes:

Not directed at him, but at the situation.

The question that WAS directed at him, however, was, since he had such a good recollection of what happened, did he tell the police these very details before they tossed out the victim and let the "slugger hero" stay?

Good point. I relayed that I was in a fight at a game. It happened in Buffalo. Everyone behind me was razzing me, and when tussling my hair, which I didn't like. But one jerk in front of me got in my face the whole game and then he poked me hard in the chest. I took him and flung him down a few rows. All the people below with beer spilled on them called the security who were about to grab me when the Bills fans behind me who were giving me hell suddenly stuck up for me and told the security that the other guy started the brawl. They let me go, and then they moved him down the row on the other side of his 7 buddies.

By the way, the Patriots lost, 31-0. It was a very rough day. Bledsoe. Milloy. Ugh.

Good point. I relayed that I was in a fight at a game. It happened in Buffalo. Everyone behind me was razzing me, and when tussling my hair, which I didn't like. But one jerk in front of me got in my face the whole game and then he poked me hard in the chest. I took him and flung him down a few rows. All the people below with beer spilled on them called the security who were about to grab me when the Bills fans behind me who were giving me hell suddenly stuck up for me and told the security that the other guy started the brawl. They let me go, and then they moved him down the row on the other side of his 7 buddies.

I can't believe you posted that story! :D

I can't believe you posted that story! :D

You don't get it?

The Bills fans did the right thing. They told security the TRUTH (remember THAT quaint concept?). That's what Upstater1 was relaying in that story.

Evidently, this is all wasted on you.

I'm embarrassed for "people" to be honest. There were three Colts fans at the Denver game, fighting each other (2 brothers against some other dude). There was some 12 year old boy and his grandpa right by them, very disappointing.

It was a 4 pm kickoff, add an extra 3 hours of tailgating, the beer muscles come out.

Same game, two Bronco fans, a couple, sitting next to my wife with Elway jerseys on. It was funny at first, they were completely quiet when a group of drunks behind us was giving them the business, Elway sucks, Elway sucks <insert male anatomy here>.

I mean after about a quarter of it, it was like come on fellas give it a rest, they get it, Elway sucks. I guess no big deal, you don't wear another teams colors and not expect crap, but its funny how they picked on this guy and his little wife and not some other groups of Denver fans a couple of rolls over.

Just seems Bullies are usually the biggest cowards to me.

Anyway, not unique to any one fandom, clearly, but come on, you can only take it so far.

I still wouldn't take any of my daughters to late games, ever.

Otherwise, I never got the allure of going into an opposing stadium, looking for trouble either.

I guess years ago when the Colts played a playoff game in Pittsburgh they had a deal where a group of Colts fans almost had there bus turned over after the game, really ridiculous.

On a lighter note, I had good Tickets to the Pacers/Detroit in the playoffs at Conseco Fieldhouse, Reggie Millers last game. I sit down and the older woman next to me starts yelling at the court during the introductions, "Chauncy Billups, my nephew" over and over and over. Everytime Chauncy did something in the game "Chauncy Billups, my nephew". Very funny. Now if the name Chauncy Billups is mentioned in my household, its always followed by "my nephew." :D

Last edited:
You don't get it?

The Bills fans did the right thing. They told security the TRUTH (remember THAT quaint concept?). That's what Upstater1 was relaying in that story.

Evidently, this is all wasted on you.

You don't get sarcasm for s***.

And you're not all the good at condescension, either.

Not that I give a crap about impressing you, but not only would I have pointed out the culprit, I have. I also call travels on myself when I play hoop.

Look at you, getting your knickers in a twist because a guy posted about a fight that he saw. Now you know him...and me...inside and out. No wonder you're a mod!

I eagerly await my banning in 3...2...1...

Just let the record show that you got personal first.

I'll tell you my opinion of what's wrong with telling this story. What is the purpose of telling it? It's not interesting and NO ONE is psyched to hear a Steeler fan got punched.

So you tell us Fixit, what good is this entire discussion?

Co-sign, I got nothing but respect for fans that wear their teams jersey in enemy territory. If you're the home team, the way you gotta look at it is it's punishment enough for them to watch their team lose, a little verbal berating is to be expected, but anything more than that is just despicable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft